Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smacking ban getting closer in Wales 13:16 - Mar 25 with 3715 viewsDarth_Koont

There's really no need for smacking is there?

I got smacked as a kid plus the plimsoll and cane on the rare occasion and didn't see a problem with that. It was the norm and all my friends went through the same.

But with my own kids I've never smacked them and rarely got angry, I just tell them not to do it and why. They're good kids - sure, they still see what they can get away with and don't listen sometimes but exactly the same as we did when we were young even with the threat of physical punishment.

This has been borne out by research into the actual effectiveness of corporal punishment. Not to mention the risks and potential side-effects it creates:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3447048

Pronouns: He/Him

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 13:19 - Mar 25 with 3354 viewsvapour_trail

Well there’s something for the hard brexiteers and numbskulls to get angry about.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 13:39 - Mar 25 with 3309 viewsRyorry

A completely disastrous, and also potentially extremely counterproductive method of child "care". Not just the impact on physical and mental health of the child, but possible alienation too & all the consequences of that.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 13:42 - Mar 25 with 3286 viewsWithnail

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 13:19 - Mar 25 by vapour_trail

Well there’s something for the hard brexiteers and numbskulls to get angry about.

Here she is.

You should get a life mate :)
Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 13:47 - Mar 25 with 3262 viewsMattinLondon

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 13:42 - Mar 25 by Withnail

Here she is.

Pot, kettle, black and all that.
Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 13:47 - Mar 25 with 3263 viewsSpruceMoose

Here she is.

Your life seems to be hanging out on here and either trolling or getting your knickers in a twist over some nonsense

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 13:50 - Mar 25 with 3244 viewsartsbossbeard

Here she is.

Maybe he could assist with helping you find all those pro Mick posts of mine that I've asked you to provide 2 maybe 3 times now?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 14:00 - Mar 25 with 3203 viewsvapour_trail

Here she is.

Bite your tongue, withnail, keep it together. This is the longest you’ve managed yet without getting angry and banned.

You’re demonstrating to us all that self improvement is possible at any age.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 14:02 - Mar 25 with 3197 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 13:39 - Mar 25 by Ryorry

A completely disastrous, and also potentially extremely counterproductive method of child "care". Not just the impact on physical and mental health of the child, but possible alienation too & all the consequences of that.

I guess maybe I am lucky in that my kids are generally pretty well behaved, but I couldn't imagine being able to bring myself to smack my kids.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 14:04 - Mar 25 with 3185 viewsSpruceMoose

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 14:02 - Mar 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

I guess maybe I am lucky in that my kids are generally pretty well behaved, but I couldn't imagine being able to bring myself to smack my kids.

There's a business opportunity here...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:20 - Mar 25 with 3148 viewsfactual_blue

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 14:04 - Mar 25 by SpruceMoose

There's a business opportunity here...

[Post edited 25 Mar 2019 14:22]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 14:22 - Mar 25 with 3139 viewsSpruceMoose

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:20 - Mar 25 by factual_blue

Did he also slap his kids around? Otherwise... I don't see the relevance...

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:23 - Mar 25 with 3141 viewsRyorry

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:20 - Mar 25 by factual_blue

Was he smacked as a child? Maradonna, not the guide ... although ..

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:24 - Mar 25 with 3139 viewsSpruceMoose

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:23 - Mar 25 by Ryorry

Was he smacked as a child? Maradonna, not the guide ... although ..

If ever a child was not slapped enough it is J2.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2019 14:47]

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:26 - Mar 25 with 3137 viewsRyorry

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:24 - Mar 25 by SpruceMoose

If ever a child was not slapped enough it is J2.

Oi shouldn't larf, but

Edit:- To Grimboy + whoever downvoted this - Spruce's original post, before he edited it, referred to MARADONNA as someone who wasn't slapped enough. It was a joke. Apologies anyway, Grimboy.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2019 14:41]

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 14:45 - Mar 25 with 3098 viewsRyorry

I expect good parenting was at least partly responsible for them being "generally pretty well behaved"!

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:47 - Mar 25 with 3078 viewsSpruceMoose

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:26 - Mar 25 by Ryorry

Oi shouldn't larf, but

Edit:- To Grimboy + whoever downvoted this - Spruce's original post, before he edited it, referred to MARADONNA as someone who wasn't slapped enough. It was a joke. Apologies anyway, Grimboy.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2019 14:41]

I have no idea what you mean! Grimboy and me are pals now.

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 14:47 - Mar 25 with 3073 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 14:45 - Mar 25 by Ryorry

I expect good parenting was at least partly responsible for them being "generally pretty well behaved"!

Hopefully!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:49 - Mar 25 with 3060 viewsRyorry

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:47 - Mar 25 by SpruceMoose

I have no idea what you mean! Grimboy and me are pals now.

Well I'm not gonna pay you $15.99 to admit that you do, so you can forget that one 'MailerMoose!

Edit - you did it again with the editing! I'm going to tie your antlers to a tree.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2019 14:51]

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:52 - Mar 25 with 3049 viewsSpruceMoose

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:49 - Mar 25 by Ryorry

Well I'm not gonna pay you $15.99 to admit that you do, so you can forget that one 'MailerMoose!

Edit - you did it again with the editing! I'm going to tie your antlers to a tree.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2019 14:51]

Mailermoose is old news. I'm getting into the child discipline market now.

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 16:03 - Mar 25 with 2965 viewsBlueBadger

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 13:50 - Mar 25 by artsbossbeard

Maybe he could assist with helping you find all those pro Mick posts of mine that I've asked you to provide 2 maybe 3 times now?

Or answer my question regarding why he thinks its a bad thing to dislike nazis?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 16:11 - Mar 25 with 2952 viewsjaykay

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 16:03 - Mar 25 by BlueBadger

Or answer my question regarding why he thinks its a bad thing to dislike nazis?

dont worry he thought ancestry dna was about your children ,not your ancestors

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 20:40 - Mar 25 with 2788 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well done Wales.

Ahead of the curve on England for this
Ahead on opt-out organ donation policy
Ahead on smoking ban
Ahead on taclinkg plastic waste
Ahead on better deal for NHS staff

Wales lags behind England in many areas, and is being massively hampered through Westminster cuts to council budgets, but where they can make a difference through sensible policy change they are normally quick to do so.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 20:43 - Mar 25 with 2781 viewsfooters

I found my dad's alcohol-induced meaningless beatings to be most useful. Not sure what the fuss is about.

Aside from all the mental anguish it caused me and my family, obviously.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 21:00 - Mar 25 with 2753 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 20:40 - Mar 25 by Swansea_Blue

Well done Wales.

Ahead of the curve on England for this
Ahead on opt-out organ donation policy
Ahead on smoking ban
Ahead on taclinkg plastic waste
Ahead on better deal for NHS staff

Wales lags behind England in many areas, and is being massively hampered through Westminster cuts to council budgets, but where they can make a difference through sensible policy change they are normally quick to do so.

Just leaves Wexit.....come on Wales!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Smacking ban getting closer in Wales on 21:01 - Mar 25 with 2752 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I find that the threat of a home game takes care of most issues!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024