Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac 08:34 - Apr 3 with 2244 viewsgtsb

I'd steer clear of Brunei. Welcome to the middle ages.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47769964
If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 08:57 - Apr 3 with 2206 viewsSteve_M

An utterly awful, retrograde law.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 09:01 - Apr 3 with 2209 viewsTIB

I've just got back from Singapore and Malaysia and me and the wife whilst there had considered hopping on a plane to Brunei for a few days but caught wind of this...won't be supporting any nation with such backwards laws

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 09:05 - Apr 3 with 2194 viewsBrixtonBlue

Utterly unbelievable in this day and age.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 09:05 - Apr 3 with 2198 viewsfactual_blue

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 09:01 - Apr 3 by TIB

I've just got back from Singapore and Malaysia and me and the wife whilst there had considered hopping on a plane to Brunei for a few days but caught wind of this...won't be supporting any nation with such backwards laws

A friend of ours had the dubious privilege of watching a stoning in Saudi Arabia quite a few years ago.

It's not done Life of Brian style. The victim is put in a pit and a dumper truck of rubble is emptied on them.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 09:07 - Apr 3 with 2190 viewsfactual_blue

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 09:05 - Apr 3 by BrixtonBlue

Utterly unbelievable in this day and age.

People in the gammon heartland are muttering 'stoning's too good for them'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 09:07 - Apr 3 with 2191 viewsSwansea_Blue

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 09:05 - Apr 3 by factual_blue

A friend of ours had the dubious privilege of watching a stoning in Saudi Arabia quite a few years ago.

It's not done Life of Brian style. The victim is put in a pit and a dumper truck of rubble is emptied on them.

Supermarket chicken

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 16:17 - Apr 3 with 2066 viewsclive_baker

Offences such as rape, adultery, sodomy, robbery and insult or defamation of the Prophet Muhammad will carry the maximum penalty of death.

Lesbian sex carries a different penalty of 40 strokes of the cane and/or a maximum of 10 years in jail

The punishment for theft is amputation

Those who "persuade, tell or encourage" Muslim children under the age of 18 "to accept the teachings of religions other than Islam" are liable to a fine or jail

Doesn't sound very peaceful to me. That's a cult, not a religion. Shame on Brunei.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 16:21 - Apr 3 with 2060 viewsLord_Lucan

........................one Bruneian gay man, who did not want to be identified, told the BBC.

Sorry!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 17:34 - Apr 3 with 2025 viewsTractorWood

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 09:01 - Apr 3 by TIB

The irony being that both Malaysia and Singapore retain colonial laws that punish the LGBT community. Although they are not at all enforced in Singapore, they are have not been repealed. Not sure about enforcement in Malaysia. Worth googling.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 17:35]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 17:38 - Apr 3 with 2016 viewsJ2BLUE

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 09:05 - Apr 3 by factual_blue

Holy sh1t. That is sick.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 18:26 - Apr 3 with 1980 viewssparks

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 16:17 - Apr 3 by clive_baker

Offences such as rape, adultery, sodomy, robbery and insult or defamation of the Prophet Muhammad will carry the maximum penalty of death.

Lesbian sex carries a different penalty of 40 strokes of the cane and/or a maximum of 10 years in jail

The punishment for theft is amputation

Those who "persuade, tell or encourage" Muslim children under the age of 18 "to accept the teachings of religions other than Islam" are liable to a fine or jail

Doesn't sound very peaceful to me. That's a cult, not a religion. Shame on Brunei.

Whilst this is newsworthy, lets not forget that most islamic nations still carry severe penalties including death for blasphemy and apostacy. Its not unique to Brunei.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 18:53 - Apr 3 with 1951 viewsMeadowlark

I already "boycott"those hotels that they own......
If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 21:05 - Apr 3 with 1863 viewsbrazil1982

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 18:26 - Apr 3 by sparks

Whilst this is newsworthy, lets not forget that most islamic nations still carry severe penalties including death for blasphemy and apostacy. Its not unique to Brunei.

Religion of peace innit
If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 21:43 - Apr 3 with 1834 viewsGlasgowBlue

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 18:26 - Apr 3 by sparks

How to beat your wife correctly according to Islam.

If this wasn't seriously real it would be like something in a Monty Python sketch. Incredible.

[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 21:45]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 22:23 - Apr 3 with 1786 viewssparks

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 21:05 - Apr 3 by brazil1982

Religion of peace innit

Much like the christian and other Abrahamic religions.

The main difference is that christianity has been dragged, kicking and screaming, into modernity by the sophisticated secular societies that surround it, and for the most part ignores the instructions in the texts...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 22:30 - Apr 3 with 1772 viewsGlasgowBlue

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 22:23 - Apr 3 by sparks

The main difference is that christianity has been dragged, kicking and screaming, into modernity by the sophisticated secular societies that surround it, and for the most part ignores the instructions in the texts...

Indeed. Christians were acting no better in the middle ages and beyond.

Iron Lion Zion

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 22:34 - Apr 3 with 1765 viewsLord_Lucan

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 22:30 - Apr 3 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed. Christians were acting no better in the middle ages and beyond.

To be fair GB, I think we have moved on a tad since the Middle Ages in quite a few areas.

Or are we about to crucify JRM?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 22:35 - Apr 3 with 1762 viewsGlasgowBlue

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 22:34 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

To be fair GB, I think we have moved on a tad since the Middle Ages in quite a few areas.

Or are we about to crucify JRM?

Yeah. That was the point Bully was making.

Iron Lion Zion

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 22:36 - Apr 3 with 1757 viewsClapham_Junction

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 22:23 - Apr 3 by sparks

Quite, and some less secular/sophisticated Christian societies have some rather horrendous laws on gay rights and abortion.

The rise of Hindu extremism in India (of which Muslims are often the target) is also very worrying.
If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 22:48 - Apr 3 with 1727 viewsLord_Lucan

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 22:36 - Apr 3 by Clapham_Junction

Quite, and some less secular/sophisticated Christian societies have some rather horrendous laws on gay rights and abortion.

The rise of Hindu extremism in India (of which Muslims are often the target) is also very worrying.

If there was a scale of which to comment and be worried I thing the stoning gets it to be fair.

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 22:53 - Apr 3 with 1723 viewssparks

If you're gay or a Kleptomaniac on 22:48 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

If there was a scale of which to comment and be worried I thing the stoning gets it to be fair.

Many years ago now, I acted for an Optometrist in a case involving a woman who came to the UK from Africa and had some severe visual issues. There were a number of complications, but part of the background was that in her religious christian community, it was considered sinful to try to defy god's will by engaging in medical treatment. She was ostracised and abused / threatened for wearing glasses, and could not get medical treatment for her increasingly severe glaucoma and other complications for fear of being completely isolated, beaten or worse.

Extraordinary. Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things. Most people will do some of each. But it often takes religion to make otherwise decent people do outright evil things. (with apologies to Mr Hitchens)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024