Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away Fans 16:54 - May 6 with 6094 viewstown8710

Any one else think moving the away fans closer to the SBR stand would really boost the atmosphere a bit like yesterday the banter and songs were great
Away Fans on 16:57 - May 6 with 6071 viewsnorth_stand77

Yes.

Trouble is, I can't see the club doing it any time soon as some of the season tickets will have already been bought in that area.
Away Fans on 17:06 - May 6 with 6018 viewsIllinoisblue

Suffolk Police will never agree to that in a hundred years.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Away Fans on 17:11 - May 6 with 5997 viewsgainsboroughblue

Away Fans on 17:06 - May 6 by Illinoisblue

Exactly. Giving the OP the benefit of the doubt here, but this has come up on threads dozens of times.

Those who want to generate atmosphere against the away fans will need to relocate themselves.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:13 - May 6 with 5978 viewsKeaneish

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] Ă‚ÂŁ2.65 Million and Waiting?

Away Fans on 17:21 - May 6 with 5954 viewstown8710

Away Fans on 17:11 - May 6 by gainsboroughblue

Exactly. Giving the OP the benefit of the doubt here, but this has come up on threads dozens of times.

Those who want to generate atmosphere against the away fans will need to relocate themselves.

Tbh forgot about suffolk police hopefully it will be rocking at portman road next season yesterday restored some hope
Away Fans on 19:21 - May 6 with 5709 viewsPinewoodblue

Away Fans on 17:21 - May 6 by town8710

Tbh forgot about suffolk police hopefully it will be rocking at portman road next season yesterday restored some hope

Would assume the number of away fans visiting next season will be down, unless it is a new ground for lots of them.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Away Fans on 19:26 - May 6 with 5691 viewsBluedanW

That was what we've always been told. However when Marcus Evans spotted a chance to make extra money from 4000 travelling Leeds fans he did it with the fans with the worst reputation in the division
Away Fans on 19:37 - May 6 with 5661 viewspointofblue

Away Fans on 19:26 - May 6 by BluedanW

That was what we've always been told. However when Marcus Evans spotted a chance to make extra money from 4000 travelling Leeds fans he did it with the fans with the worst reputation in the division

True, but that meant Leeds fans had a run of Portman Road and the Cobbold Stand, excluding the executive area, which meant access from the station was easy enough. If we give away A and B to the visiting fans instead then it does lack logic, as the visiting fans would have to get through a hoard of home fans to get to their seats. I can't imagine the club nor the police would like the scenario if the likes of Millwall or West Ham visit for a competitive fixture.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Away Fans on 19:43 - May 6 with 5632 viewslazyblue

Or you lot just move to SAR stand to be closer to them!
Away Fans on 21:39 - May 6 with 5478 viewsOxford_Blue

But why did they agree to this for the Leeds match - far more high profile and potentially hostile than most.
Away Fans on 22:28 - May 6 with 5395 viewsITFC_Forever

FFS, not this again.

Will never happen.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Away Fans on 08:26 - May 7 with 5181 viewsOxford_Blue

Away Fans on 19:37 - May 6 by pointofblue

True, but that meant Leeds fans had a run of Portman Road and the Cobbold Stand, excluding the executive area, which meant access from the station was easy enough. If we give away A and B to the visiting fans instead then it does lack logic, as the visiting fans would have to get through a hoard of home fans to get to their seats. I can't imagine the club nor the police would like the scenario if the likes of Millwall or West Ham visit for a competitive fixture.

Didn’t we do that for decades and worse when the north stand was split?
Away Fans on 09:40 - May 7 with 5112 viewsallezlesbleus

Away Fans on 08:26 - May 7 by Oxford_Blue

Yep. TWTD.

I vaguely remember one game against Man Utd and I think they had half the North, as normal, plus they seem to have taken over most of the Portman Road / Cobbold stand too. Anyone remember what year that was? I'm guessing '77.
Away Fans on 10:45 - May 7 with 5072 viewsJackSted

Away Fans on 16:57 - May 6 by north_stand77

Yes.

Trouble is, I can't see the club doing it any time soon as some of the season tickets will have already been bought in that area.

Just give the away fans section A in the Cobbold Stand. No one sits there anyway

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Away Fans on 10:49 - May 7 with 5056 viewsghostofescobar

If away fans were sat at that end, why can’t they just be held back for 15 mins? Around the ground would be very quiet by then.

GhostOfEscobar

Away Fans on 11:01 - May 7 with 5038 viewsBluedanW

Away Fans on 08:26 - May 7 by Oxford_Blue

in 1996 when Bryan Gunn did the famous air kick their supporters were at both ends of the cobbold upper tier.

I got there early as I drove alone and thought I bought a ticket in the wrong area as so many Norwich next to me. Only separated by 1 seat up near the north stand.

Great banter especially after the freak goal. Ipswich fans were invading the pitch from up on the upper tier, climbing down via the roof of the executive boxes.

The league even threatened to dock points, not good when we were pushing the play offs eventually losing out when we drew with millwall.

I believe even millwall were down both ends that day, a very bad atmosphere as they needed to win to avoid relegation, us needing a win for the play offs. A draw the result no good for wither of us.
Away Fans on 13:30 - May 7 with 4940 viewsBecclesITFC

It was good on Saturday. Even getting complements on Twitter from Leeds fans. Our fans in general are building a name for themselves as being decent. So much of this is down to BlueAction and people joining in. As i said, it's easy to support a winning team. A lot harder to support a team that's not. We have all done ourselves proud.

Re the moving of away fans, won't happen. Blue Action should move to the SAR lower IMO. If there is enough people you could split it.
Away Fans on 15:00 - May 7 with 4882 viewsblueislander

Away Fans on 13:30 - May 7 by BecclesITFC

It was good on Saturday. Even getting complements on Twitter from Leeds fans. Our fans in general are building a name for themselves as being decent. So much of this is down to BlueAction and people joining in. As i said, it's easy to support a winning team. A lot harder to support a team that's not. We have all done ourselves proud.

Re the moving of away fans, won't happen. Blue Action should move to the SAR lower IMO. If there is enough people you could split it.

There will be very few teams in our league next year that will fill their allocation; Portsmouth ,Sunderland (Play-offs dependent) and Lincoln maybe , possibly Colchester.
I doubt Colchester will fill it.... on 15:15 - May 7 with 4862 viewsBloots

Away Fans on 15:00 - May 7 by blueislander

There will be very few teams in our league next year that will fill their allocation; Portsmouth ,Sunderland (Play-offs dependent) and Lincoln maybe , possibly Colchester.

...in fact I doubt they'll bring many at all.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I doubt Colchester will fill it.... on 16:47 - May 7 with 4795 viewsgainsboroughblue

I doubt Colchester will fill it.... on 15:15 - May 7 by Bloots

...in fact I doubt they'll bring many at all.

Colchester will bring plenty I am sure.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Away Fans on 16:51 - May 7 with 4789 viewsRichOBlue

Was talking about this yesterday with a mate of mine in the police force (high up) he said police don’t have any input to wear away fans go all down to the club, which surprised me.

Poll: What formation suits us best?

Away Fans on 17:35 - May 7 with 4746 viewstown8710

Away Fans on 16:51 - May 7 by RichOBlue

Was talking about this yesterday with a mate of mine in the police force (high up) he said police don’t have any input to wear away fans go all down to the club, which surprised me.

I think it would be good to think about the season after next if we go up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024