Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Wilson set to sign contract.... 11:15 - Aug 1 with 1350 viewsKieran_Knows

... https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-ipswich-agree-to-sign-defender-as-d

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:17 - Aug 1 with 1315 viewsitfcjoe

No great surprise that one of him or Guthrie will sign

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:23 - Aug 1 with 1226 viewshaynes_toe1

Christ
James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:24 - Aug 1 with 1204 viewsNthsuffolkblue

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:23 - Aug 1 by haynes_toe1

Christ

Should be a good signing too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:25 - Aug 1 with 1195 viewsSitfcB

Obviously couldn’t secure the CB target Lambert had in mind.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:26 - Aug 1 with 1171 viewsNthsuffolkblue

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:25 - Aug 1 by SitfcB

Obviously couldn’t secure the CB target Lambert had in mind.

He wanted Guthrie did he?

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:26 - Aug 1 with 1161 viewsGerkensBeard

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:17 - Aug 1 by itfcjoe

No great surprise that one of him or Guthrie will sign

Whose looked better out of the two? From what I hear Guthrie is more error prone.
James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:26 - Aug 1 with 1154 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No problem with that.

Back up to Nsiala, Woolfenden and Chambers. Also have Donacien and Skuse to fill in if needed.

Would like to sign a new first choice CB in addition.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:27 - Aug 1 with 1142 viewsKieran_Knows

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:26 - Aug 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

No problem with that.

Back up to Nsiala, Woolfenden and Chambers. Also have Donacien and Skuse to fill in if needed.

Another right footed centre half .... could've sworn Lambert said he wanted a left footer last season (and don't throw Ndaba out there).

Login to get fewer ads

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:27 - Aug 1 with 1132 viewsSitfcB

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:26 - Aug 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

He wanted Guthrie did he?

I don’t think it was any of those two.

He said last week he had three targets in mind.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:28 - Aug 1 with 1114 viewsKieran_Knows

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:27 - Aug 1 by SitfcB

None of which were loan players, so that didn't necessarily rule out Guthrie or Wilson.

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:28 - Aug 1 with 1112 viewsNthsuffolkblue

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:26 - Aug 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

No problem with that.

How big do you think our squad should be?

How much cover do we need for every position?

Would you also like another striker?

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:32 - Aug 1 with 1061 viewsSomethingBlue

That will have to do — a backup player who knows the division well and has started around 150 times in it. It's not amazing but also not a disaster.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:32 - Aug 1 with 1057 viewscrossyitfc

The bottom line reeled me in somewhat..
James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:32 - Aug 1 with 1038 viewsBigManBlue

Just... meh. Decent cover which is no bad thing. Don't think he makes the first team better, which should probably be the priority given our squad size, but seeing as I've been moaning for ages that we need another body at CB I'll take it.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:34 - Aug 1 with 1015 viewsitfcjoe

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:26 - Aug 1 by GerkensBeard

Whose looked better out of the two? From what I hear Guthrie is more error prone.

Wilson didn't have anything to do at Colchester but almost had a howler where he overran the ball

Didn't see Notts County

Wilson looked more solid at Cambridge, didn't get caught out of position like Guthrie did - but Guthrie was left footed so a better balance offered

I think either would have been fine in reality, as couldn't really bring in a nailed on starter

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:36 - Aug 1 with 976 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:28 - Aug 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

How big do you think our squad should be?

How much cover do we need for every position?

Would you also like another striker?

Not sure why you are taking issue with me.

Am I the only one suggesting we need to sign a first team CB?

As senior CB's we have Nsiala, Chambers and Woolfenden. So a fourth would not be out of the question, especially considering the question marks over Chambers' legs.

Skuse and Donacien are effectively emergency cover, as CB is not their primary position.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:37 - Aug 1 with 964 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:27 - Aug 1 by Kieran_Knows

Another right footed centre half .... could've sworn Lambert said he wanted a left footer last season (and don't throw Ndaba out there).

That concurs with what I just wrote.

;-)

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:37 - Aug 1 with 955 viewsSwansea_Blue

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:23 - Aug 1 by haynes_toe1

Christ

I'd have lots of faith in him as a defender, but not a keeper as he's not so good on crosses.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:40 - Aug 1 with 921 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:37 - Aug 1 by Swansea_Blue

I'd have lots of faith in him as a defender, but not a keeper as he's not so good on crosses.

You've been saving that one up for a while.... ;-)

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:42 - Aug 1 with 887 viewsSamWhiteUK

Guthrie vs Cambridge was laughably bad. Completely clumsy
James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:43 - Aug 1 with 884 viewsKeaneish

Wilson definitely the more natural. No surprises he went for him although Wilson hasn't had to do much from what i've seen. Can't see Wilson pushing Toto or Chambers too hard but its probably fair to say we've not seen the best of him and he's not really been tested yet.

Back four of Donacien, Wilson, Wolfenden and Kenlock at Burton then. Make of that what you will...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:43 - Aug 1 with 878 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:32 - Aug 1 by crossyitfc

The bottom line reeled me in somewhat..

...yes, what was that about.

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:44 - Aug 1 with 849 viewsNthsuffolkblue

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:27 - Aug 1 by SitfcB

You don't think so but you don't know.

He had those two on trial for some reason. That might have been as a reserve option, it might have been to have bodies for pre-season. However, there is every likelihood he thought they might be good enough and wanted to see if they were. If he had decided Wilson wasn't, it would be mad to sign him just because there is no one else. Play Skuse there instead until Chambers and/or Nsiala is fit and available.

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:45 - Aug 1 with 836 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:32 - Aug 1 by SomethingBlue

That will have to do — a backup player who knows the division well and has started around 150 times in it. It's not amazing but also not a disaster.

Be gone with your pragmatism!!

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 12:33 - Aug 1 with 681 viewsOsborneOneNil

James Wilson set to sign contract.... on 11:36 - Aug 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not sure why you are taking issue with me.

Am I the only one suggesting we need to sign a first team CB?

As senior CB's we have Nsiala, Chambers and Woolfenden. So a fourth would not be out of the question, especially considering the question marks over Chambers' legs.

Skuse and Donacien are effectively emergency cover, as CB is not their primary position.

Let's hope we have Nsiala and Wolf as our first choice, that'll do me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024