Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Spurs U21 game? 18:46 - Aug 24 with 2348 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Interesting to see what Lambert feels is his strongest team.against Shrewsbury but interested to get thoughts on how serious people are taking Spurs U21 trophy game.

Id go

Norris
KVY Donacian Wilson Kenlock
Nolan Dozzell Huws
Rowe Keane El Mizouni

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 20:03 - Aug 24 with 2233 viewsKieran_Knows

Rest the majority I say.

Norris
Emmanuel Donacien Wilson Clements
Huws Dozzell Nolan
Dobra Keane El Mizouni

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 20:10 - Aug 24 with 2218 viewsFootballpete

I would treat the competition with the contempt it now deserves and play the U18s. It’s been completely devalued since the youth teams were introduced. The sooner we’re out of it the better.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 20:17 - Aug 24 with 2196 viewssparks

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 20:10 - Aug 24 by Footballpete

I would treat the competition with the contempt it now deserves and play the U18s. It’s been completely devalued since the youth teams were introduced. The sooner we’re out of it the better.

I think there are rules preventing it. It shouldbe boycotted.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 20:46 - Aug 24 with 2142 viewsGirthyguy

This is probably the most pointless trophy in football. If I were Lambert I would not even turn up. Fck um.
Team for Spurs U21 game? on 21:03 - Aug 24 with 2110 viewsxrayspecs

I would just field Donacien, on his own.
Team for Spurs U21 game? on 21:08 - Aug 24 with 2102 viewsActionMan

It's not our fault the FA have allowed it, if we're a serious competitive club we should be in it to compete. Let's prove we can beat Spurs reserves so easily they won't want to be in it again.
Team for Spurs U21 game? on 21:25 - Aug 24 with 2073 viewsSitfcB

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 20:03 - Aug 24 by Kieran_Knows

Rest the majority I say.

Norris
Emmanuel Donacien Wilson Clements
Huws Dozzell Nolan
Dobra Keane El Mizouni

4 (or 6 - can’t remember) players who started the last league game have to play.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 21:28 - Aug 24 with 2059 viewsKieran_Knows

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 21:25 - Aug 24 by SitfcB

4 (or 6 - can’t remember) players who started the last league game have to play.

Got ya, didn’t realise that was a thing!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 22:41 - Aug 24 with 1997 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 21:25 - Aug 24 by SitfcB

I think it is a little more complicated. 4 that played the previous or the next or of those who have made the most appearances over the season so far or something like that.

I believe at least one team has picked them only to make 3 subs at the first break in play. The 4th could always just limp off straight after too. Or you can just take the fine. I think another team did that despite winning the tie. The rule doesn't really help the competition's status.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 23:09 - Aug 24 with 1963 viewsSomethingBlue

It's a fine of around £5k for fielding an under-strength team (ie fewer than five who started the previous or next league game) and I hope Lambert & Evans will agree to suck that up, giving our untried kids some experience of their own alongside Keane, Nolan and Huws who could probably use the game time. We aren't a laboratory for Spurs. The game must be boycotted.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 23:12 - Aug 24 with 1960 viewsFunge

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 20:17 - Aug 24 by sparks

I think there are rules preventing it. It shouldbe boycotted.

100% with you and Pete here.

Do the absolute bare minimum we need to, to fulfil anty obligations.

It's a full-on p1sstake of a competition.
Team for Spurs U21 game? on 23:25 - Aug 24 with 1942 viewshillbillies

While I agree the inclusion of U21 premier teams has made the competition a joke... IF we make the final the people saying it should be boycotted will be the first to want tickets at Wembley 🤷‍♂️
Team for Spurs U21 game? on 13:00 - Aug 25 with 1799 viewstrncbluearmy

Play the yoofs, take the fine and boycott this abomination
Team for Spurs U21 game? on 13:34 - Aug 25 with 1736 viewsJamestownPrince

It is international week and I presume a few of the players will have been asked to meet up with their squads and not play this
Team for Spurs U21 game? on 14:19 - Aug 25 with 1698 viewsSomethingBlue

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 23:25 - Aug 24 by hillbillies

While I agree the inclusion of U21 premier teams has made the competition a joke... IF we make the final the people saying it should be boycotted will be the first to want tickets at Wembley 🤷‍♂️

Very boring to call out hypocrisy before it's even happened. Let's focus on why the competition is a disgrace and should be boycotted rather than scoring points that aren't there to be won. Otherwise you're just doing everyone a disservice.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 15:06 - Aug 25 with 1654 viewsTractorCam

Agreed, sadly we get fined for this. You have to play at least 6 players who played the previous league game.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 15:13 - Aug 25 with 1643 viewssparks

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 15:06 - Aug 25 by TractorCam

Agreed, sadly we get fined for this. You have to play at least 6 players who played the previous league game.

So if we get a decent lead against shrewsbury, we get subs on - Huws etc. Thats three non first teamers we can start in the pathetic premier league benefitting, player hoarding cup.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Team for Spurs U21 game? (n/t) on 15:15 - Aug 25 with 1636 viewsTractorCam

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 15:13 - Aug 25 by sparks

So if we get a decent lead against shrewsbury, we get subs on - Huws etc. Thats three non first teamers we can start in the pathetic premier league benefitting, player hoarding cup.

I think it's players who start.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2019 15:16]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Team for Spurs U21 game? (n/t) on 15:18 - Aug 25 with 1621 viewssparks

Team for Spurs U21 game? (n/t) on 15:15 - Aug 25 by TractorCam

I think it's players who start.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2019 15:16]

Probably. Meanwhile PL clubs can field anyone they like. Including their kids...

It really is a pisstake and clubs should have taken a stand together on it.

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 15:20 - Aug 25 with 1618 viewsJ2BLUE

I will be boycotting. I'd like to see us take the fine and put the youth team out.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 15:23 - Aug 25 with 1609 viewssparks

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 15:20 - Aug 25 by J2BLUE

I will be boycotting. I'd like to see us take the fine and put the youth team out.

If the gate receipts covered the fine id agree. Probably wont though (not in profit anyway)

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 15:23 - Aug 25 with 1607 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Only if the final is against Man City U21s or some other illustrious opponents.

We wouldn't bother if it was only Portsmouth or Sunderland. We can watch our first team against them in a regular league match.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 15:29 - Aug 25 with 1594 viewsJ2BLUE

If we got to the final against a lower league side then yes I would want to go. If it was against an U21 side then I won't be going. I might not boycott the Gillingham game.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 15:43 - Aug 25 with 1573 viewsWeWereZombies

Team for Spurs U21 game? on 21:03 - Aug 24 by xrayspecs

I would just field Donacien, on his own.

No Bluey and Crazee to help him out then?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024