Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One of the really annoying things 08:57 - Aug 29 with 3125 viewschicoazul

about Bury Bolton etc is certain people trying to tell the rest of us this somehow proves Evans Is Good and we should be grateful for him and Hail Evans.
Just shut up will you? Evans is manifestly a bad owner who makes terrible decisions and has taken us to our lowest point ever. This is prima facie.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

One of the really annoying things on 09:21 - Aug 29 with 2713 viewsBlueBadger

It's like saying Roy Keane is a competent football manager because Paul Hurst is also one.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

One of the really annoying things on 09:30 - Aug 29 with 2711 viewsm14_blue

Evans has certainly made some pretty woeful decisions, and is largely responsible for our current situation, but the plight of other clubs should serve as a warning to fans who think we should throw money we don't have at the problem.
One of the really annoying things on 09:47 - Aug 29 with 2666 viewsGuthrum

Or perhaps he is a reasonably decent owner who has made some poor decisions, but prevented us from sinking into the third tier for several years, during which time others among our rivals have gone that way.

Maybe he is just an average owner, muddling along without sparkling success or completely trashing the club.

It's all too much one way or the other, Evans has either got to be the saviour or the villain. As with much of life, the answer actually lies in between.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One of the really annoying things on 10:27 - Aug 29 with 2602 viewschicoazul

One of the really annoying things on 09:30 - Aug 29 by m14_blue

Evans has certainly made some pretty woeful decisions, and is largely responsible for our current situation, but the plight of other clubs should serve as a warning to fans who think we should throw money we don't have at the problem.

Given Evans'recent history I dont think anyone needs to worry about him ever throwing money at a problem.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

One of the really annoying things on 10:29 - Aug 29 with 2601 viewschicoazul

One of the really annoying things on 09:47 - Aug 29 by Guthrum

Or perhaps he is a reasonably decent owner who has made some poor decisions, but prevented us from sinking into the third tier for several years, during which time others among our rivals have gone that way.

Maybe he is just an average owner, muddling along without sparkling success or completely trashing the club.

It's all too much one way or the other, Evans has either got to be the saviour or the villain. As with much of life, the answer actually lies in between.

He was an absentee landlord for years under Mick and Mini Roy and has made catastrophic decision after catastrophic decision. If you think us being in 100m of debt and being in the third division isnt "trashing the club" then I dunno what to tell you.

One of the really annoying things on 11:00 - Aug 29 with 2532 viewsGuthrum

One of the really annoying things on 10:29 - Aug 29 by chicoazul

He was an absentee landlord for years under Mick and Mini Roy and has made catastrophic decision after catastrophic decision. If you think us being in 100m of debt and being in the third division isnt "trashing the club" then I dunno what to tell you.

Being in £100m of debt is fairly par for the course nowadays for those teams not in receipt of parachute money. In any case, a third of that was accumulated before Evans' arrival.

An awful lot of similar-sized teams have made excursions into the third tier over the last decade or so: Sunderland, Wigan, both Sheffields, Millwall, Wolves, Leeds, Norwich, Leicester, to name just some. Would you describe them as 'trashed'?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One of the really annoying things on 11:03 - Aug 29 with 2518 viewsSwansea_Blue

One of the really annoying things on 09:30 - Aug 29 by m14_blue

Yes and no. We have thrown money at it that the club couldn't earn relative to Bury. It comes back to affordability and the character of the owner. Luckily Evans has been able to cover the losses and isn't a serial chancer. That's the big difference.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

One of the really annoying things on 11:18 - Aug 29 with 2474 viewsNaylorsboots

Agreed
Login to get fewer ads

One of the really annoying things on 11:22 - Aug 29 with 2463 viewschicoazul

One of the really annoying things on 11:00 - Aug 29 by Guthrum

Being in £100m of debt is fairly par for the course nowadays for those teams not in receipt of parachute money. In any case, a third of that was accumulated before Evans' arrival.

An awful lot of similar-sized teams have made excursions into the third tier over the last decade or so: Sunderland, Wigan, both Sheffields, Millwall, Wolves, Leeds, Norwich, Leicester, to name just some. Would you describe them as 'trashed'?

They certainly all were trashed at one point.

One of the really annoying things on 11:23 - Aug 29 with 2455 viewsArnieM

He also bought the Clubs debt, at a point in time when Town were all but going the Bury / Bolton way . But don’t let that Fact get in the way of a good argument, eh!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

One of the really annoying things on 11:35 - Aug 29 with 2425 viewswkj

Evans has been great, in the same way not dying from eating week old hot mayonnaise is great. No issues with his financial cover, but his personnel skills are a different matter.3

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

One of the really annoying things on 12:37 - Aug 29 with 2340 viewsSaleAway

One of the really annoying things on 09:47 - Aug 29 by Guthrum

Its just this -

Symptomatic of the social media era - there's very little nuance - there's quite a lot between saviour and devil, just like there is quite a lot between Farage and Corbyn....

The loss of the acceptance of middle ground is the cause of most of today's ongoing problems.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

One of the really annoying things on 13:01 - Aug 29 with 2300 viewsWickets

One of the really annoying things on 11:23 - Aug 29 by ArnieM

He also bought the Clubs debt, at a point in time when Town were all but going the Bury / Bolton way . But don’t let that Fact get in the way of a good argument, eh!

That is a very valid point that so often gets overlooked. Dont think anyone is going to claim our owner is perfect but we could do a lot worse . I think he could be the type of owner that needs the right kind of manager lets hope PL is that man how can push for what he needs .
One of the really annoying things on 13:11 - Aug 29 with 2280 viewsBrixtonBlue

Which of Evans' catastrophic decision after catastrophic decision did you flag up as a catastrophic decision at the time?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

One of the really annoying things on 13:13 - Aug 29 with 2265 viewsBrixtonBlue

Is it annoying because those people were right?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

One of the really annoying things on 13:15 - Aug 29 with 2260 viewsNthQldITFC

That's way too binary, man.

Or so I believe.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

One of the really annoying things on 13:20 - Aug 29 with 2252 viewsBigManBlue

One of the really annoying things on 11:35 - Aug 29 by wkj

Evans has been great, in the same way not dying from eating week old hot mayonnaise is great. No issues with his financial cover, but his personnel skills are a different matter.3

Yep, I don't think I could comment one way or the other regarding how much money he can or should throw at it, but in terms of the basic structure of the club he's clearly never learned.

Pains me to say it, but look at Norwich. Another provincial side with a broke owner but a decent off the field system has kept them reasonably competitive over the last ten or so year.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Oh dear old Chikcers on 13:23 - Aug 29 with 2248 viewsDyland

You're so clueless about our financing under MEG.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

One of the really annoying things on 13:27 - Aug 29 with 2221 viewschicoazul

One of the really annoying things on 11:23 - Aug 29 by ArnieM

That's not a fact, it's an opinion, a concept I know you certainly struggle with.

Oh dear old Chikcers on 13:28 - Aug 29 with 2214 viewschicoazul

Oh dear old Chikcers on 13:23 - Aug 29 by Dyland

You're so clueless about our financing under MEG.

We aren't in 100m of debt?

One of the really annoying things on 13:29 - Aug 29 with 2203 viewschicoazul

One of the really annoying things on 13:11 - Aug 29 by BrixtonBlue

Which of Evans' catastrophic decision after catastrophic decision did you flag up as a catastrophic decision at the time?

If I did or didnt it doesnt change the fact they were catastrophic.

One of the really annoying things on 13:30 - Aug 29 with 2201 viewsBrixtonBlue

One of the really annoying things on 13:29 - Aug 29 by chicoazul

If I did or didnt it doesnt change the fact they were catastrophic.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

One of the really annoying things on 13:31 - Aug 29 with 2196 viewschicoazul

One of the really annoying things on 13:30 - Aug 29 by BrixtonBlue

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

What does this even mean?
Evans; "Oh no Chicoazul on TWTD doesn't think Paul Jewell is a good choice as Manager, better hire someone else then!"

One of the really annoying things on 13:53 - Aug 29 with 2152 viewsBrixtonBlue

One of the really annoying things on 13:31 - Aug 29 by chicoazul

What does this even mean?
Evans; "Oh no Chicoazul on TWTD doesn't think Paul Jewell is a good choice as Manager, better hire someone else then!"

It means it's very easy to criticise and call his appointments "catastrophic decisions" after the event, despite the fact that most people were happy with them at the time.

I thought Roy Keane was a good appointment, for example. So it would be grossly hypocritical of me to criticise Evans for it now.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 13:54]

Not really, no on 13:57 - Aug 29 with 2149 viewsDyland

Oh dear old Chikcers on 13:28 - Aug 29 by chicoazul

We aren't in 100m of debt?

Evans owes it to himself. You're being at best disingenuous, sillychops.

And as others have reminded you, over £30m of this he acquired due to the even more shambolic Sheepshanks led administration, but I know 100 is a nice headline number so don't let it stop you moaning about Evans.

There are plenty of sticks to beat Evans with. The "£100m debt" isn't really one of them.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024