Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL 08:35 - Jan 10 with 1518 viewsunstableblue

Great messaging and direction from Marcus. And obviously a veiled criticism of previous managers, who had styles that were not sustainable as a product to get fans through the turnstiles, but did bolster Marcus' lack of investment!

However, has he chosen the right manager to implement the technical approach? I do think Paul does not want to play "a more physical, direct approach". But does he have the acumen to play the style of football we want and being played by the likes of Oxford? Ask me at Oxford after 90mins on Tuesday!

Must beat Accrington!

“I believe we will have a really exciting footballing team over the next five years,” Evans writes. “I mention the term ‘footballing team’ as I indicated 18 months ago that to get to where we all eventually want to be, we need to be a footballing team.

“In my first years as an owner, I believed a more physical, direct approach was the way to move forward. Football has changed though. Clubs in the Championship and definitely in the Premier League are playing a much more TECHNICAL game now.

“I feel there is also a duty to the supporters that we play in an entertaining manner. I want to enjoy watching the team play. I’m sure the fans do.

------

The stakes are highest at first-team level of course and there will always be a plan B, plan C on how to win a football match but the foundations of how Ipswich Town will play - while I’m owner - will be around the TECHNICAL approach - and that desire to play a brand of football that entertains supporters.

“I think we have played that way for much of the time Paul has been here. Perhaps we have dropped off a bit over the last month or so and this league is more physical in style than the Championship but having been party to the different approaches I can see that a more TECHNICAL playing style is more complex than developing a direct approach. It needs more time for everyone in the squad to feed off each other

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:36 - Jan 10 with 1076 viewsReuser_is_God

I’ve just seen a pig fly past my window

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Another observation/criticism on 08:38 - Jan 10 with 1065 viewsunstableblue

This statement:
"“Much has been said of our rotation policy and I want to address this point. A key part of our strategy is to develop 22 players all challenging for every position on the pitch — no comfort zones."

It is clearly a strategy with an objective. BUT i've seen too many players who have played well dropped and those that have played well kept in, to state that this objective is being effectively implemented.

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:39 - Jan 10 with 1058 viewsKieran_Knows

What planet do you live on?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:40 - Jan 10 with 1045 viewsSteve_M

It's just more bluster, have you not being paying any attention for the last 12 years?
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 8:40]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:41 - Jan 10 with 1029 viewsartsbossbeard

I have some magic beans for sale if you're interested?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:43 - Jan 10 with 1023 viewsSomethingBlue

Didn't pick up any criticism of previous managers in there, more an explanation of his own approach. Although I'm utterly unconvinced he ever sat down and decided "Right, we need a more direct style" in any case and find this entire statement — whether I like Lambert or not — pretty fluffy and disappointing. Nice ideas in principle but I'll believe we're on track to outthink other clubs of our size over the long term when we have adequate technical and scouting resources at our disposal. As things are we are, like always, doing things on the hoof.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 8:43]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:43 - Jan 10 with 1011 viewsBLUEBEAT

word sorcery

Poll: W or W

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:44 - Jan 10 with 1010 viewsKeaneish

In the early days of Lambert there were real signs of us emulating his days at Norwich, the first half at the Madejski epitomised that where we ripped Reading apart and everyone at the game went down for a pint at half time staring at each other in disbelief at how good it was. After the failure to win that game it became a bit more dogged and we eventually ran out of steam after Reading's last minute winner at PR imo.

The style has been mixed this season between slow, patient possession based football and balls into channels to stretch the opposition.

Whether everything he's tried has worked or not is there for all to see but one thing we can't criticise Lambert for is not implementing different styles and trying things that are technically different - it's just time he settled on a plan A, B and C and choose an identity.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:44 - Jan 10 with 998 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Jesus wept

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:45 - Jan 10 with 990 viewsunstableblue

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:41 - Jan 10 by artsbossbeard

I have some magic beans for sale if you're interested?

Oh Artboss,

As I state I'm not suggesting Marcus is able to implement this. But at least he's finally woken up to the feck ups of his previous appointments. And the truth on what type of manager we need - a technical one.

As per my post the deeply worrying concern is whether Paul Lambert is actually able to play a technical style that is actually effective. I'm yet to be convinced.

Ask me after Oxford.

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:46 - Jan 10 with 986 viewsReuser_is_God

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:43 - Jan 10 by SomethingBlue

Didn't pick up any criticism of previous managers in there, more an explanation of his own approach. Although I'm utterly unconvinced he ever sat down and decided "Right, we need a more direct style" in any case and find this entire statement — whether I like Lambert or not — pretty fluffy and disappointing. Nice ideas in principle but I'll believe we're on track to outthink other clubs of our size over the long term when we have adequate technical and scouting resources at our disposal. As things are we are, like always, doing things on the hoof.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 8:43]

The '5 point plan' is also a nice idea in principal however we don't have the capability as a club to go through with it.

No structure + minimal investment = regression

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:47 - Jan 10 with 969 viewsunstableblue

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:44 - Jan 10 by Keaneish

In the early days of Lambert there were real signs of us emulating his days at Norwich, the first half at the Madejski epitomised that where we ripped Reading apart and everyone at the game went down for a pint at half time staring at each other in disbelief at how good it was. After the failure to win that game it became a bit more dogged and we eventually ran out of steam after Reading's last minute winner at PR imo.

The style has been mixed this season between slow, patient possession based football and balls into channels to stretch the opposition.

Whether everything he's tried has worked or not is there for all to see but one thing we can't criticise Lambert for is not implementing different styles and trying things that are technically different - it's just time he settled on a plan A, B and C and choose an identity.

Agree - some promise of a technical approach and a style we can all get behind.

But its only in 45mins blasts and its only in 50% of games at best.

But there have been moments.

Just not for about 15 games!

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:48 - Jan 10 with 959 viewsBLUEBEAT

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:44 - Jan 10 by Keaneish

That Reading match is a perfect example of ITFC today.

First half... wow, impressive but no decisive point/acceptable end result

Second half... ffs

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:48 - Jan 10 with 958 viewsunstableblue

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:43 - Jan 10 by BLUEBEAT

word sorcery

I'm under Marcus' spell - he just has to use the word 'technical' and I enter a trance like state

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:50 - Jan 10 with 938 viewsunstableblue

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:39 - Jan 10 by Kieran_Knows

What planet do you live on?

A technical planet

PS - some dissenters, have been banging on about the fact that 'technical' is a made up work and is meaningless in the context of football management.

Yes Marcus probably can't implement it; but it is what we need to aspire to.

THAT IS MY POINT!

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:53 - Jan 10 with 908 viewsHerbivore

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:50 - Jan 10 by unstableblue

A technical planet

PS - some dissenters, have been banging on about the fact that 'technical' is a made up work and is meaningless in the context of football management.

THAT IS MY POINT!

It's like you believe Marcus Evans has any clue what he's talking about. His programme notes look like he decided to do a copy and paste job from TWTD and he just happened to stumble on one of your posts first.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:58 - Jan 10 with 883 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:50 - Jan 10 by unstableblue

A technical planet

THAT IS MY POINT!

‘Technical’ is basically a made-up descriptor though, you could ask 10 different people what a ‘technical’ manager is and get 10 different responses

Chances are that even if this was something that Evans was actually capable of and serious about doing, rather than some nice fluffy words to reassure the gullible that we have a plan, that his vision is entirely different to yours

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lambert seems to lack attacking guile... on 08:59 - Jan 10 with 880 viewsunstableblue

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:48 - Jan 10 by BLUEBEAT

Second half... ffs

.... we have improved our passing, and midfield control. But we're not stretching and opening enough teams enough and really cranking up the pressure on the box.

In fact we've had this for a long time.

We need that KVY or perhaps Bishop,even Dobra, to start stretching the opposition.

Lambert seems to lack attacking guile... on 09:03 - Jan 10 with 845 viewsHerbivore

Lambert seems to lack attacking guile... on 08:59 - Jan 10 by unstableblue

.... we have improved our passing, and midfield control. But we're not stretching and opening enough teams enough and really cranking up the pressure on the box.

In fact we've had this for a long time.

We need that KVY or perhaps Bishop,even Dobra, to start stretching the opposition.

I've seen previous little evidence of our passing and midfield control improving despite us now being in a poor league where we should be superior to pretty much every other side.

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 09:04 - Jan 10 with 850 viewsunstableblue

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:58 - Jan 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

‘Technical’ is basically a made-up descriptor though, you could ask 10 different people what a ‘technical’ manager is and get 10 different responses

Chances are that even if this was something that Evans was actually capable of and serious about doing, rather than some nice fluffy words to reassure the gullible that we have a plan, that his vision is entirely different to yours

So you think the Chairman of our Football club just used a 'made-up descriptor' as a key point in his message to his club' fan base.

We really are screwed.

Note: the FA use the term technical as a key definition in describing the higher levels of their Coaching Programme

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 09:04 - Jan 10 with 850 viewsKeaneish

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:48 - Jan 10 by BLUEBEAT

Second half... ffs

I wonder if the Madejski disappointment had the same affect on PL that it did on MM when we got tonked 5-1 there. MM showed signs of playing some more expansive football with greater attacking intent until Reading scored from all angles and ran us ragged - the rest is history.

Not sure why we're not playing with the same verve as we did in the first half that day, half the starting eleven is the same still.

Lambert seems to lack attacking guile... on 09:07 - Jan 10 with 831 viewsKeaneish

Lambert seems to lack attacking guile... on 09:03 - Jan 10 by Herbivore

I've seen previous little evidence of our passing and midfield control improving despite us now being in a poor league where we should be superior to pretty much every other side.

We've agreed on a lot this season but have to disagree on this one. I think we've controlled the midfield in the vast majority of the games and the possession stats are testament to that. Our issue has been turning that control into something in the final third and cutting out silly errors at the back.

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 09:15 - Jan 10 with 802 viewsBLUEBEAT

The overseeing message here is Evans making it clear that he accepts we may not get promoted this season.

Lambert seems to lack attacking guile... on 09:16 - Jan 10 with 791 viewsHerbivore

Lambert seems to lack attacking guile... on 09:07 - Jan 10 by Keaneish

We've agreed on a lot this season but have to disagree on this one. I think we've controlled the midfield in the vast majority of the games and the possession stats are testament to that. Our issue has been turning that control into something in the final third and cutting out silly errors at the back.

Disagree. We have lots of the ball because teams sit off us, especially at home, and we pass it across the back four a fair bit, usually before launching it aimlessly. I've seen our midfield being ineffectual far more than I've seen it genuinely bossing a game. At home I can only really think of Sunderland first half, Wimbledon second half, and Tranmere second half where we've really looked dominant and bossed the midfield.

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 09:18 - Jan 10 with 790 viewschicoazul

Hallelujah Marcus - TECHNICAL TECHNICAL TECHNICAL on 08:40 - Jan 10 by Steve_M

It's just more bluster, have you not being paying any attention for the last 12 years?
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 8:40]

There are none so blind, etc

A few fancy buzz words and OP (and may others) wetting their knickers over Evans once again.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024