Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen 11:19 - Feb 3 with 2827 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

If the guy could control the ball he could be some player. I'd literally make him train on his own all week bringing down high balls.

He is Sunday League bad! It's a shame as he's been one of our better players, works hard and has tremendous pace but he misses out on so many opportunities having the first touch of a trampoline.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 11:23 - Feb 3 with 2464 viewsMrTown

I was speaking to someone here about this the other day, think it may have been Resuer_is_god.

His boot has to be a trampoline, it has to be. His pace is frightening, but not much else is. Would sell him in a heartbeat if we could recoup any seven figure sum.

I like Brandon Hanlan from Gillingham, thought he really lively as a lone striker when he came here.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 11:23 - Feb 3 with 2459 viewshomer_123

Therein lies the problem.

Why is Jackson trying to bring down high balls FFS?

Why are we not trying to slide balls through for him to run onto - with him playing on the shoulder of the last defender.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 11:24 - Feb 3 with 2439 viewsPinewoodblue

Shefki. Remember Alan Brazil saying, when asked about his first touch, that his second touch was a tackle.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 11:34 - Feb 3 with 2373 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 11:23 - Feb 3 by homer_123

Why are we not trying to slide balls through for him to run onto - with him playing on the shoulder of the last defender.

I'm not talking about trying to trap a 50 yard pass.

It's the balls played through, or headers towards him that bounce or deflections off defenders that run to him. You could literally do a spot the ball type competition of where his first touch will take it and it's backwards or sideways as often as it is forwards or under control.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 11:38 - Feb 3 with 2359 viewsKieran_Knows

He frustrates the hell out of me, personally. He's come on leaps and bounds this season, and has scored some good/vital goals for us, but I can't help but feel if he did have a better touch/bit more composure in front of goal he'd be a bloody hell of a player at this level (and probably above, if we was to get promoted).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 11:38 - Feb 3 with 2342 viewsHerbivore

And yet he's still our most effective and productive attacker.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 11:39 - Feb 3 with 2346 viewsMrTown

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 11:23 - Feb 3 by homer_123

He couldn't hit a barn door 9 times out of 10.

He hasn't even got the worst touch in the team, unfortunately. (n/t) on 11:40 - Feb 3 with 2330 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Login to get fewer ads

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 11:41 - Feb 3 with 2316 viewsStNeotsBlue

Connor Sammon.
Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 11:44 - Feb 3 with 2301 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He is a decent league one striker. That is it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 11:55 - Feb 3 with 2247 viewsCoco

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 11:38 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

And yet he's still our most effective and productive attacker.

But we don’t need to strengthen.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:02 - Feb 3 with 2215 viewsElephantintheRoom

Darren Bent couldn't control a football. It didn't matter much if you played to his strengths. The same is true of Jackson. Kuqi wasn't much cop at controlling a football either - and was a tad slower also... again it didn't matter overly much...might even explain why they were so good together.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:03 - Feb 3 with 2211 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 11:55 - Feb 3 by Coco

But we don’t need to strengthen.

We do, but unfortunately the position we need to strengthen is an area where the incumbent has just signed a new 5 year deal.

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:07 - Feb 3 with 2192 viewsBiGDonnie

I got slated for saying he's technically sh!te a few weeks back.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:08 - Feb 3 with 2181 viewsMrTown

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:07 - Feb 3 by BiGDonnie

I got slated for saying he's technically sh!te a few weeks back.

So did I.

£1.6M!

He's technically Sunday League.

Substitute at best.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 12:08]

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:10 - Feb 3 with 2171 viewsEireannach_gorm

He's no Danny Haynes.
Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:15 - Feb 3 with 2152 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:08 - Feb 3 by MrTown

So did I.

£1.6M!

Substitute at best.

He's been our best forward this season, I don't know what you're watching.

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:19 - Feb 3 with 2141 viewsCoco

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:03 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

We do, but unfortunately the position we need to strengthen is an area where the incumbent has just signed a new 5 year deal.

This is becoming more and more true

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:24 - Feb 3 with 2120 viewsportmanking

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:15 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

He's been our best forward this season, I don't know what you're watching.

It's fair to say that, but it's more of a damning indictment of how far our standards have fallen that someone like Jackson is considered a key figure in our team. The guy has a very poor footballing brain, constantly offside, terrible touch and awareness of others around him.

However, he does have a decent cross on him. I tear my hair out week in, week out, watching him. I can't help feeling he'd be much more effective as a Jon Walters inside forward rather than the focal point.
Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:28 - Feb 3 with 2104 viewsIllinoisblue

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:08 - Feb 3 by MrTown

So did I.

£1.6M!

Substitute at best.

Congrats on the worst post in the history of TWTD. “Technically Sunday league”. Have a word with yourself.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:32 - Feb 3 with 2080 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:24 - Feb 3 by portmanking

It's fair to say that, but it's more of a damning indictment of how far our standards have fallen that someone like Jackson is considered a key figure in our team. The guy has a very poor footballing brain, constantly offside, terrible touch and awareness of others around him.

However, he does have a decent cross on him. I tear my hair out week in, week out, watching him. I can't help feeling he'd be much more effective as a Jon Walters inside forward rather than the focal point.

Think you're being way too harsh in your appraisal. Only two players have set up more goals than him this season which doesn't tend to happen if you have no footballing brain or awareness of players around you. Funny how these tropes always get trotted out about certain players.

I do agree with you that more of a wide forward role would probably suit him better though. Him on one side, Sears on the other, Norwood through the middle.

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:42 - Feb 3 with 2048 viewsportmanking

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:32 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

Think you're being way too harsh in your appraisal. Only two players have set up more goals than him this season which doesn't tend to happen if you have no footballing brain or awareness of players around you. Funny how these tropes always get trotted out about certain players.

I do agree with you that more of a wide forward role would probably suit him better though. Him on one side, Sears on the other, Norwood through the middle.

Don't go down the 'certain players' route please, 'that' is no reason why I don't particularly rate him. My reasoning for a lack of football brain or general awareness is the glaring lack of partnerships that he's forged with players on the pitch. He couldn't be less on the same wavelength as Norwood if he tried. All too often they go for the same balls and generally get in each other's way.

Yes, I would agree that Jackson and Sears as wide forwards with Norwood through the middle, Huws, Bishop and Downes, with Garbutt and KVY overlapping, would be my preferred XI.
Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:50 - Feb 3 with 2008 viewsIllinoisblue

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 11:39 - Feb 3 by MrTown

He couldn't hit a barn door 9 times out of 10.

What part of 9 goals and 6 assists do you not understand?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:58 - Feb 3 with 1972 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:42 - Feb 3 by portmanking

Don't go down the 'certain players' route please, 'that' is no reason why I don't particularly rate him. My reasoning for a lack of football brain or general awareness is the glaring lack of partnerships that he's forged with players on the pitch. He couldn't be less on the same wavelength as Norwood if he tried. All too often they go for the same balls and generally get in each other's way.

Yes, I would agree that Jackson and Sears as wide forwards with Norwood through the middle, Huws, Bishop and Downes, with Garbutt and KVY overlapping, would be my preferred XI.

Again, think you're massively overstating. Jackson has set up several goals and numerous chances for Norwood. Norwood has similarly teed up Jackson a fair bit. It's interesting though that you attribute the alleged lack of understanding to Jackson.

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 13:00 - Feb 3 with 1967 viewsportmanking

Kayden Jackson may have the worst touch of any pro I have ever seen on 12:58 - Feb 3 by Herbivore

Again, think you're massively overstating. Jackson has set up several goals and numerous chances for Norwood. Norwood has similarly teed up Jackson a fair bit. It's interesting though that you attribute the alleged lack of understanding to Jackson.

Not attributing it solely to Jackson. I think they are both culpable in the lack of football intelligence regard.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024