Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
17 times out of 19 10:16 - Feb 12 with 8709 viewsTrumptonBlue

Dozzell has been named on the bench 19 times in the league this season. On 17 of those occasions, he's been stuck there for the full 90 minutes. If Lambert's not going to use him, what's the point?

Meanwhile, El Mizouni is out on loan, Dobra can't even get a place on the bench and the team has zero creativity. Shambles.
17 times out of 19 on 10:17 - Feb 12 with 6362 viewsSwansea_Blue

Does make you wonder what's the point. He needs football, somewhere.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

17 times out of 19 on 10:17 - Feb 12 with 6354 viewsStokieBlue

I am not sure what you are advocating?

A certain number of subs have to be named and the number that can be used is less than the number which can be named.

Should we only name 3 subs?

He's not been very good when he's played and thus he's on the bench.

SB
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 10:18]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

17 times out of 19 on 10:18 - Feb 12 with 6344 viewsJammyDodgerrr

He hasn't been used because he doesn't bring enough to the team. Pretty simple.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

17 times out of 19 on 10:18 - Feb 12 with 6339 viewsIpswichKnight

What a great free kick from El-Mizouni last night, we had 2 from the same kind of area last night one failed to beat the wall, the other while on target was hit with no pace, we BADLY missed a player running at them last night, it was pretty but totally toothless for the most part.
17 times out of 19 on 10:20 - Feb 12 with 6322 viewsitfcjoe

When we haven't scored a goal in open play for 5 games, and barely create a decent chance in open play him sitting there watching must be massively disheartening

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

17 times out of 19 on 10:21 - Feb 12 with 6301 viewsStokieBlue

17 times out of 19 on 10:20 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

When we haven't scored a goal in open play for 5 games, and barely create a decent chance in open play him sitting there watching must be massively disheartening

The team should have been built around the youth this season with a mindset to push on next season with them.

That hasn't happened and given the situation we are in I don't think we will see Dozzell in the mix unless there is an unexpected change of manager.

SB

17 times out of 19 on 10:22 - Feb 12 with 6295 viewsMrTown

Really makes you scratch your head.

He gives it large about youngsters, but really Lambert hasn't got b*llocks to make big decisions.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

17 times out of 19 on 10:23 - Feb 12 with 6278 viewsTrumptonBlue

17 times out of 19 on 10:18 - Feb 12 by JammyDodgerrr

He hasn't been used because he doesn't bring enough to the team. Pretty simple.

Then don't waste a place on the bench for someone you're not going to use.
Login to get fewer ads

17 times out of 19 on 10:27 - Feb 12 with 6254 viewsStokieBlue

17 times out of 19 on 10:23 - Feb 12 by TrumptonBlue

This is very weird. You can't use all the subs and you need to name a certain number.

Whoever replaced him on the bench likely wouldn't be used either because 3 other subs must have been made all the times Dozzell wasn't used.

SB

17 times out of 19 on 10:29 - Feb 12 with 6244 viewsitfcjoe

17 times out of 19 on 10:27 - Feb 12 by StokieBlue

This is very weird. You can't use all the subs and you need to name a certain number.

Whoever replaced him on the bench likely wouldn't be used either because 3 other subs must have been made all the times Dozzell wasn't used.

SB

Not always, even last night was only 2 subs

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

17 times out of 19 on 10:30 - Feb 12 with 6229 viewsTrumptonBlue

17 times out of 19 on 10:17 - Feb 12 by StokieBlue

I am not sure what you are advocating?

A certain number of subs have to be named and the number that can be used is less than the number which can be named.

Should we only name 3 subs?

He's not been very good when he's played and thus he's on the bench.

SB
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 10:18]

I'm advocating either giving him some more game time - while acknowledging that he's not been great this season - or giving his place on the bench to someone else who Lambert might want to use.

Last night was a good case in point. We needed a goal and we hadn't used all our subs. If Lambert doesn't want to use Dozzell in that situation, what is he doing on the bench at all?

Of course there will always be unused subs, but being unused 17 times out of 19 is an extraordinarily high percentage for an outfield player, especially for one who can theoretically produce a game-changing moment.
17 times out of 19 on 10:30 - Feb 12 with 6229 viewsLankHenners

If I were him I'd leave to be honest. He's clearly got talent and needs to be somewhere where it'll be used properly. Take the point he hasn't stamped his authority down but when he has played he's had the odd moment of quality way above what anyone else could do (forced the issue for the goal at Gillingham when we were doing our usual passive passing, took 6 or 7 players out of the game with one pass vs Wimbledon (I think) and Norwood cocked up the finish etc.).

He needs to find a place that'll offer him the chance to show his quality on a regular basis by putting him in a set-up that allows it, rather than chucking him in on a rare occasion with no thought behind it.

Said this last night about Dobra - what was the point in all the hand wringing and umming and ahhing about sending him out because we needed him here and he's too good for U23 football then not even having him in the squad and playing him in the U23s?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

17 times out of 19 on 10:31 - Feb 12 with 6208 viewsStokieBlue

17 times out of 19 on 10:29 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

Not always, even last night was only 2 subs

So whoever replaced Dozzell on the bench still wouldn't have got on?

It's just a really weird stick to beat Lambert with when there are loads of very salient points that could be made against him.

SB

17 times out of 19 on 10:33 - Feb 12 with 6197 viewsTrumptonBlue

17 times out of 19 on 10:27 - Feb 12 by StokieBlue

SB

On 6 of those 17 occasions, fewer than three subs have been used.
17 times out of 19 on 10:34 - Feb 12 with 6170 viewsStokieBlue

17 times out of 19 on 10:33 - Feb 12 by TrumptonBlue

On 6 of those 17 occasions, fewer than three subs have been used.

Doesn't that just mean that whoever replaced him on the bench wouldn't be used either?

I know what you are saying about him not being used and it being unfortunate but some players are always going to just be on the bench.

It's a real shame he hasn't kicked on this year as we had all hoped.

SB

17 times out of 19 on 10:39 - Feb 12 with 6146 viewsTrumptonBlue

17 times out of 19 on 10:34 - Feb 12 by StokieBlue

Doesn't that just mean that whoever replaced him on the bench wouldn't be used either?

I know what you are saying about him not being used and it being unfortunate but some players are always going to just be on the bench.

It's a real shame he hasn't kicked on this year as we had all hoped.

SB

Quite possibly you're right and I agree this isn't a massive deal in the context of everything else, I just thought it was symptomatic of Lambert not really having much idea of what he wants to do with some players.
17 times out of 19 on 10:49 - Feb 12 with 6105 viewsartsbossbeard

17 times out of 19 on 10:22 - Feb 12 by MrTown

Really makes you scratch your head.

He gives it large about youngsters, but really Lambert hasn't got b*llocks to make big decisions.

I'd argue that he's made a big decision here.

Town fans look at Andre through blue tinted specs, PL doesn't see it the same and takes the flak accordingly.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

17 times out of 19 on 10:50 - Feb 12 with 6099 viewsjaykay

17 times out of 19 on 10:21 - Feb 12 by StokieBlue

The team should have been built around the youth this season with a mindset to push on next season with them.

That hasn't happened and given the situation we are in I don't think we will see Dozzell in the mix unless there is an unexpected change of manager.

SB

of course as you say this team should have been built on our youth but i think you will find most were saying a or b should be out on loan to get experience. but you can count the fingers on one hand where that has helped any of our youth over the years. get them in the team like we did in the past

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

17 times out of 19 on 10:51 - Feb 12 with 6088 viewsLankHenners

17 times out of 19 on 10:49 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

I'd argue that he's made a big decision here.

Town fans look at Andre through blue tinted specs, PL doesn't see it the same and takes the flak accordingly.

In regards to how Lambert sees things we're at the point where if he said the sky was blue I'd go outside to check.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

17 times out of 19 on 11:46 - Feb 12 with 5994 viewsJammyDodgerrr

17 times out of 19 on 10:23 - Feb 12 by TrumptonBlue

But you have to have a full bench, and who else would sit there? Plus, there are still times where you might need to use him, but overall he doesn't bring enough to justify as a nailed on sub for me.

17 times out of 19 on 11:48 - Feb 12 with 5981 viewsJammyDodgerrr

17 times out of 19 on 10:18 - Feb 12 by IpswichKnight

What a great free kick from El-Mizouni last night, we had 2 from the same kind of area last night one failed to beat the wall, the other while on target was hit with no pace, we BADLY missed a player running at them last night, it was pretty but totally toothless for the most part.

Whilst it was a great free kick - i have seen El Mizouni waste so many set pieces in his senior appearances that i would be happy to chalk it off as something that doesn't happen very often.

17 times out of 19 on 11:48 - Feb 12 with 5980 viewsMeadowlark

17 times out of 19 on 10:30 - Feb 12 by LankHenners

If I were him I'd leave to be honest. He's clearly got talent and needs to be somewhere where it'll be used properly. Take the point he hasn't stamped his authority down but when he has played he's had the odd moment of quality way above what anyone else could do (forced the issue for the goal at Gillingham when we were doing our usual passive passing, took 6 or 7 players out of the game with one pass vs Wimbledon (I think) and Norwood cocked up the finish etc.).

He needs to find a place that'll offer him the chance to show his quality on a regular basis by putting him in a set-up that allows it, rather than chucking him in on a rare occasion with no thought behind it.

Said this last night about Dobra - what was the point in all the hand wringing and umming and ahhing about sending him out because we needed him here and he's too good for U23 football then not even having him in the squad and playing him in the U23s?

I agree. I don't know where all this "Dozzell's not been good for us this season" is coming from. He's been head and shoulders above the others in terms of movement, vision, class. I've said it before and I'll say it again. He doesn't impress because he's so much better than those around him. He's always looking to make the right pass, but there's no one there, or he does, and there's still no one there! He can't win in this team.
He needs better players around him. Unfortunately, that's unlikely to happen while he stays here.
However, if he was the first name on the team sheet every week - as he should be - we could start to build a team around him and play to his skills. It would take a while, but what a team that would be!
17 times out of 19 on 11:49 - Feb 12 with 5968 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He should be starting. Not coming on. He’s got more creative ability in his left toe than those 3 did in midfield last night

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

17 times out of 19 on 11:54 - Feb 12 with 5938 viewsJammyDodgerrr

17 times out of 19 on 11:48 - Feb 12 by Meadowlark

I agree. I don't know where all this "Dozzell's not been good for us this season" is coming from. He's been head and shoulders above the others in terms of movement, vision, class. I've said it before and I'll say it again. He doesn't impress because he's so much better than those around him. He's always looking to make the right pass, but there's no one there, or he does, and there's still no one there! He can't win in this team.
He needs better players around him. Unfortunately, that's unlikely to happen while he stays here.
However, if he was the first name on the team sheet every week - as he should be - we could start to build a team around him and play to his skills. It would take a while, but what a team that would be!

'He doesn't impress because he's so much better than those around him'

He doesn't impress because he's too lightweight and the games often pass him by. It's no coincidence that we lose the midfield every time he plays.

But hey, he did play that one pass against West Ham in that friendly that time.

17 times out of 19 on 16:07 - Feb 12 with 5753 viewsbadadski

17 times out of 19 on 11:54 - Feb 12 by JammyDodgerrr

'He doesn't impress because he's so much better than those around him'

He doesn't impress because he's too lightweight and the games often pass him by. It's no coincidence that we lose the midfield every time he plays.

But hey, he did play that one pass against West Ham in that friendly that time.

Counago Syndrome its known as.

I don't think Dozell does possess this although you are correct in saying he does have a good overall awareness and vision but nothing else at the moment.

A lot of players are too behind or to slow in their movement off the ball tough, in fact, routinely 3 or 4 of our regulars are guilty almost every game but again if being pitched in positions they are not comfortable with then we will continue to have constant problems.

No Width, no movement, no breaking forwards drawing players towards you and then taking players on, nothing.

Truely one dimensional and keeping a formation for the sake of it and putting players not uot playing the role is bad management.

I have stood up for Lmabert in regards to, you cant clear out half a team and replace, its not possible as Hurst found out but if you don't have the players capable of playing the formation you want then you have to change to formation or not play those players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024