Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
17 times out of 19 10:16 - Feb 12 with 8809 viewsTrumptonBlue

Dozzell has been named on the bench 19 times in the league this season. On 17 of those occasions, he's been stuck there for the full 90 minutes. If Lambert's not going to use him, what's the point?

Meanwhile, El Mizouni is out on loan, Dobra can't even get a place on the bench and the team has zero creativity. Shambles.
17 times out of 19 on 16:09 - Feb 12 with 2348 viewsTractorCam

So you'd rather El Mizouni sat there instead, rather than him start firing for Cambridge?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

17 times out of 19 on 16:21 - Feb 12 with 2324 viewsjayessess

Reflects 2 things:

(1) Lambert doesn't usually try and use his substitutes to change how we're playing (like last night, subbed a striker for a striker in minute 70, switched to 3-4-3 with Sears in minute 81, didn't use 3rd sub)

(2) He thinks Dozzell is a deep-lying playmaker and therefore no use as an impact sub.

Personally, I think he's wrong on both fronts, but there we are.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

17 times out of 19 on 16:23 - Feb 12 with 2323 viewsBiGDonnie

17 times out of 19 on 10:51 - Feb 12 by LankHenners

In regards to how Lambert sees things we're at the point where if he said the sky was blue I'd go outside to check.

It'd be raining Connor Wickhams.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

17 times out of 19 on 16:28 - Feb 12 with 2306 viewsRadlett_blue

17 times out of 19 on 11:49 - Feb 12 by TRUE_BLUE123

He should be starting. Not coming on. He’s got more creative ability in his left toe than those 3 did in midfield last night

The midfield last night lacked balance, which was made worse by Lambert playing 5-3-2 with 2 defensive minded so-called "wing backs". Starting Dozzell instead of Skuse could have been an option, although equally the game my have passed Andre by.
However, we need to talk about Andre. 21 in May & needs to be making an impact somewhere, although I'm unsure how many of his England U20 colleagues are making an impact in senior football. Playing the odd game for Town isn't doing him any good. He is also out of contract in June, although the club have a 1 year option. Given that this season is falling apart, we might as well give Andre a run of games and see if he can settle into this higher tempo, more physical league. It's hard to see this making Town's performances much worse.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

17 times out of 19 on 17:58 - Feb 12 with 2259 viewslmfcblue

17 times out of 19 on 10:27 - Feb 12 by StokieBlue

This is very weird. You can't use all the subs and you need to name a certain number.

Whoever replaced him on the bench likely wouldn't be used either because 3 other subs must have been made all the times Dozzell wasn't used.

SB

Maybe have something different on the bench like a Dobra, having judge Nolan Dozzell are all samey
17 times out of 19 on 18:34 - Feb 12 with 2247 viewssparks

17 times out of 19 on 10:18 - Feb 12 by JammyDodgerrr

He hasn't been used because he doesn't bring enough to the team. Pretty simple.

You are aware that Nolan and Judge have played quite a lot?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

17 times out of 19 on 18:41 - Feb 12 with 2236 viewsPecker

Over hyped player, as many of ours are. Not good enough. (not saying those picked in front of him are).
17 times out of 19 on 21:34 - Feb 12 with 2179 viewsPlums

17 times out of 19 on 18:41 - Feb 12 by Pecker

Over hyped player, as many of ours are. Not good enough. (not saying those picked in front of him are).

A number of England coaches would beg to differ. He’s clearly good enough but isn’t getting the chance to progress because he’s stuck on the bench. He should either play or be out on loan - look what it did for Woolfy.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 7:05]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Login to get fewer ads

17 times out of 19 on 02:55 - Feb 13 with 2110 viewstextbackup

tell you what, if dozzell was at Peterborough we'd all be raving over the lad called dozzell at peterborough

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

17 times out of 19 on 08:12 - Feb 13 with 2044 viewsartsbossbeard

17 times out of 19 on 11:48 - Feb 12 by Meadowlark

I agree. I don't know where all this "Dozzell's not been good for us this season" is coming from. He's been head and shoulders above the others in terms of movement, vision, class. I've said it before and I'll say it again. He doesn't impress because he's so much better than those around him. He's always looking to make the right pass, but there's no one there, or he does, and there's still no one there! He can't win in this team.
He needs better players around him. Unfortunately, that's unlikely to happen while he stays here.
However, if he was the first name on the team sheet every week - as he should be - we could start to build a team around him and play to his skills. It would take a while, but what a team that would be!

Crivens.

The lads' a talent, no doubt. He didn't impose himself last season in the championship, he's certainly not going to impose himself in this league. He needs pitch time, he needs a new challenge. The Dutch game would suit him much better and he'd come back better for it. Get on the weights, Andre.

I recall watching Paul Hurst's Ipswich at Braintree pre-season, where Town were basically dry humped by a load of plasterers, electricians and milkman for 90 minutes. I popped on here afterwards to find a post (I think it was from Mr Town) talking in glowing terms about the impact young Andre had on the game, his touch, his vision & how he was operating on a different plain.

We'd just been webbed all over the shop by a bunch of grocks without a fight.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

17 times out of 19 on 09:12 - Feb 13 with 2009 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

17 times out of 19 on 02:55 - Feb 13 by textbackup

tell you what, if dozzell was at Peterborough we'd all be raving over the lad called dozzell at peterborough

Spot on.

We are going to let him walk away for nothing at the end of the season. It’s going to be another one that got away under ME. Our fans have written him off, which is mental

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

17 times out of 19 on 09:13 - Feb 13 with 2008 viewsNo9

"If Lambert's not going to use him, what's the point?"

Thatis a very good point
17 times out of 19 on 12:59 - Feb 13 with 1965 viewsIpswichKnight

17 times out of 19 on 09:12 - Feb 13 by TRUE_BLUE123

Spot on.

We are going to let him walk away for nothing at the end of the season. It’s going to be another one that got away under ME. Our fans have written him off, which is mental

We turned down £3m from them up the A140, we can trigger the 1 year clause so can't walk away for nothing at the end of this season.
17 times out of 19 on 13:33 - Feb 13 with 1941 viewsKeaneish

17 times out of 19 on 10:21 - Feb 12 by StokieBlue

The team should have been built around the youth this season with a mindset to push on next season with them.

That hasn't happened and given the situation we are in I don't think we will see Dozzell in the mix unless there is an unexpected change of manager.

SB

Easier said then done that with so many good, solid, experienced Championship pros on our books. I think we’ve had a good blend. A few have cemented places, others shone whereas others haven’t. Dozzell quite simply hasn’t and isn’t the answer to getting us out of this predicament.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

17 times out of 19 on 13:37 - Feb 13 with 1933 viewsMeadowlark

17 times out of 19 on 08:12 - Feb 13 by artsbossbeard

Crivens.

The lads' a talent, no doubt. He didn't impose himself last season in the championship, he's certainly not going to impose himself in this league. He needs pitch time, he needs a new challenge. The Dutch game would suit him much better and he'd come back better for it. Get on the weights, Andre.

I recall watching Paul Hurst's Ipswich at Braintree pre-season, where Town were basically dry humped by a load of plasterers, electricians and milkman for 90 minutes. I popped on here afterwards to find a post (I think it was from Mr Town) talking in glowing terms about the impact young Andre had on the game, his touch, his vision & how he was operating on a different plain.

We'd just been webbed all over the shop by a bunch of grocks without a fight.

I agree we cannot have a team FULL of Andres...........
17 times out of 19 on 13:38 - Feb 13 with 1931 viewsBigManBlue

Agree that it would have been nice to see him more this year (ditto Dobra, El Miz et al).

Unfortunately we've not known where or how to play our senior players so those on the fringes have had no chance, just fitting in as and when to whatever system we're running with, whether it suits them or not - so no run of games to get into any sort of form or rhythm, no idea of their best or even a regular role or position.

That said I appreciate we've gone with the experienced guys thinking that would be enough to get us up. When the wage restraints kick in next year I guess we'll see a lot more of the youngsters (hopefully in a settled formation) out of necessity if nowt else.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

17 times out of 19 on 13:41 - Feb 13 with 1924 viewsElephantintheRoom

I think you need to give up on the hope that Dozzel Minor will somehow be a Town player. Call it a 'Dean Bowditch Moment' when you realize a much hyped youngster is destined for lower league obscurity.

The others I tend to agree with you. I imagined this year being dedicated to youth and beginning a regeneration process... keeping Judge was the moment I realized it was not to be. I am sure the somewhat overexpectant fanbase would be a tad more patient and realistic if some of our own players were on the cusp of breaking through - or getting experience as the season tails away.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

17 times out of 19 on 16:17 - Feb 13 with 1894 viewsJammyDodgerrr

17 times out of 19 on 18:34 - Feb 12 by sparks

You are aware that Nolan and Judge have played quite a lot?

And i would imagine that both of them contribute more. I haven't got the stats, and it's a low bar, but in my head they've both probably scored and assisted more.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

17 times out of 19 on 16:33 - Feb 13 with 1883 viewsParky

I might be putting 2+2 together and getting 5, but surely there's more to it than meets the eye.

Perhaps he's stated he doesn't want to sign a new contract extension and doesn't want the club to trigger the extra year we have either?

That or Lambert is just clueless, game was calling out for him on Tuesday.

Probably the latter.
17 times out of 19 on 23:10 - Feb 13 with 1849 viewsHullblue

17 times out of 19 on 16:33 - Feb 13 by Parky

I might be putting 2+2 together and getting 5, but surely there's more to it than meets the eye.

Perhaps he's stated he doesn't want to sign a new contract extension and doesn't want the club to trigger the extra year we have either?

Probably the latter.

I agree - something’s gone on. He was in and around the team until the Exeter game, when he was one of our best players (not saying much I know). Hardly seen him since.

The contract thing hadn’t occurred to me - I thought they might have just had a bust-up in the changing room - but that theory makes sense.

Agree about Tuesday too. People can say what they want about his flaws, but leaving him on the bench against a team that sits deep is crazy. He’s the only one who can unlock a defence.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

17 times out of 19 on 23:28 - Feb 13 with 1829 viewssparks

17 times out of 19 on 16:17 - Feb 13 by JammyDodgerrr

And i would imagine that both of them contribute more. I haven't got the stats, and it's a low bar, but in my head they've both probably scored and assisted more.

I think that is probably b0llocks.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

17 times out of 19 on 08:32 - Feb 14 with 1758 viewsRadlett_blue

17 times out of 19 on 16:33 - Feb 13 by Parky

Probably the latter.

The club can trigger the 1 year extension whether Andre wants them to or not. Hard to tell how good he is or could become as playing midfield (especially out of position as a wide midfield player) in a struggling 2nd/3rd division side which is not committed to passing football isn't easy.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

17 times out of 19 on 10:05 - Feb 14 with 1734 viewsStokieBlue

17 times out of 19 on 13:33 - Feb 13 by Keaneish

Easier said then done that with so many good, solid, experienced Championship pros on our books. I think we’ve had a good blend. A few have cemented places, others shone whereas others haven’t. Dozzell quite simply hasn’t and isn’t the answer to getting us out of this predicament.

Those good, solid, experienced Championship pros have gotten us to 7th.

He's not the answer now, that's not what I said. The approach from day 1 has been wrong.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024