Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time 08:12 - Mar 28 with 3674 viewshype313

Those hoping for a change of ownership are going to be disappointed once this is all over, this crisis is going to leave a lot of scars long after it has disappeared, so the notion that someone will buy a football club in the hope that they can somehow get to the riches of the promised land will be pie in the sky.

It's going to be interesting to see how Marcus reacts to this crisis, no doubt revanues will fall drastically and that will be factored in, think we will see far more clubs going back to utilising the youth, whilst will see far less money spent on transfers and wages across the board.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 08:38 - Mar 28 with 3615 viewsGuthrum

I wonder how much of a hit Sky will have taken with people cancelling their Sports subscriptions for three months or more.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 09:15 - Mar 28 with 3584 viewshype313

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 08:38 - Mar 28 by Guthrum

I wonder how much of a hit Sky will have taken with people cancelling their Sports subscriptions for three months or more.

Indeed, that will have a trickling affect long term, Football will be a completely different beast after this crisis.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 10:58 - Mar 28 with 3516 viewsblueconscience

RIP Ipswich Town Football Club

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

i think fans need to see Marcus as a blessing.. but needs advice on 11:09 - Mar 28 with 3501 viewsunstableblue

I’m not clear how big an impact CV will have on Marcus empire, and this is going to influence his appetite to prop up Town during what is a catastrophe.

But Marcus has been covering our debt himself, so we are not loaded with interest. He had already cut our cloth somewhat in reducing costs to survive at league one level.

Marcus just needs better advice on the structure of the football side of the business and the technical coaching staff around the manager. Lambert has failed in general on the pitch.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 11:23 - Mar 28 with 3481 viewsWD19

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 10:58 - Mar 28 by blueconscience

RIP Ipswich Town Football Club

RIP potentially many football clubs, arguably levelling the playing field....
Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 11:29 - Mar 28 with 3465 viewsChrisd

Yes, I can't see much change of ownership now for the foreseeable and I think that PL will also remain as our manager. The financial belts will be well and truly fastened. However, if it means that football generally looks at how it is run and how the money side is better managed, that could prove a real positive step. When a club is paying a football agent £30m to get a transfer deal through, you know the game has gone too far in the wrong direction.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 11:34]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 11:33 - Mar 28 with 3447 viewsRadlett_blue

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 08:38 - Mar 28 by Guthrum

Sky are now making it relatively easy for people to pause their subscriptions as they will want subscribers once sport recommences. They think they have a legal right to reclaim money form the Premier League if the season isn't completed, hence the incentive for the clubs to do so.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 11:33 - Mar 28 with 3443 viewspointofblue

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 11:23 - Mar 28 by WD19

RIP potentially many football clubs, arguably levelling the playing field....

Doubt it. The richest will survive and the gap between the have and have nots will probably grow even further.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

i think fans need to see Marcus as a blessing.. but needs advice on 11:36 - Mar 28 with 3434 viewsChrisd

i think fans need to see Marcus as a blessing.. but needs advice on 11:09 - Mar 28 by unstableblue

I’m not clear how big an impact CV will have on Marcus empire, and this is going to influence his appetite to prop up Town during what is a catastrophe.

But Marcus has been covering our debt himself, so we are not loaded with interest. He had already cut our cloth somewhat in reducing costs to survive at league one level.

Marcus just needs better advice on the structure of the football side of the business and the technical coaching staff around the manager. Lambert has failed in general on the pitch.

In going forwards as a club, both ME and PL need better and stronger people around them to advise and challenge them. I just hope PL realises he's got a real opportunity to turn things around. What he's done for the last 18 months has been poor and in the main ineffective. He really needs to have a look at himself and ask those people he trusts what he needs to do to turn the corner. I just hope he still has that fire in his belly to want to lead our recovery.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 11:47]

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 11:45 - Mar 28 with 3404 viewsBent_double

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 11:33 - Mar 28 by pointofblue

Doubt it. The richest will survive and the gap between the have and have nots will probably grow even further.

Maybe PL clubs will be the only survivors of this, and they will use this opportunity to close the doors and shut-up-shop on the rest of football?

It would be the worst possible thing they could do - for football in general - but money talks, and I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't one of the options they are discussing (in secret) at the moment.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

i think fans need to see Marcus as a blessing.. but needs advice on 11:53 - Mar 28 with 3373 viewsHerbivore

i think fans need to see Marcus as a blessing.. but needs advice on 11:36 - Mar 28 by Chrisd

In going forwards as a club, both ME and PL need better and stronger people around them to advise and challenge them. I just hope PL realises he's got a real opportunity to turn things around. What he's done for the last 18 months has been poor and in the main ineffective. He really needs to have a look at himself and ask those people he trusts what he needs to do to turn the corner. I just hope he still has that fire in his belly to want to lead our recovery.

I don't think this break should save Lambert. We need to get rid once this season has ended, whether we kick another ball or not. He's done.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

i think fans need to see Marcus as a blessing.. but needs advice on 11:58 - Mar 28 with 3363 viewspointofblue

i think fans need to see Marcus as a blessing.. but needs advice on 11:53 - Mar 28 by Herbivore

I don't think this break should save Lambert. We need to get rid once this season has ended, whether we kick another ball or not. He's done.

I wonder how his contract will stand if the season is expunged? I doubt Evans will be able to implement the presumed clauses because Lambert hasn’t led us to an outside-the-top-six finish in the first full season.

We’ll be in serious trouble next year, though, once it starts.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

i think fans need to see Marcus as a blessing.. but needs advice on 11:58 - Mar 28 with 3363 viewsChrisd

i think fans need to see Marcus as a blessing.. but needs advice on 11:53 - Mar 28 by Herbivore

It shouldn't save him, but I think it will but has PL got enough about him to change and more to the point does he want to?

i think fans need to see Marcus as a blessing.. but needs advice on 12:03 - Mar 28 with 3348 viewsunstableblue

i think fans need to see Marcus as a blessing.. but needs advice on 11:36 - Mar 28 by Chrisd

He needs a technical director and/or technical coach behind him. His current number 2 and ONeill are clearly not what the club needs

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

It's odd that his corporate website.... on 12:23 - Mar 28 with 3267 viewsBloots

….contains no mention of CV19 in the slightest, particularly given that I'm sure there are numerous customers with an interest.

Most large businesses will at least have some mention of it on their landing page, usually with at least some generic advice.

The website is out of date and still lists "upcoming" healthcare conferences from 2 weeks ago.

Also the link to the "press" section is broken.

…..maybe he's just sodded off and given up.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 12:33 - Mar 28 with 3246 viewsWeWereZombies

You are assuming that Marcus Evans, marcusevans group and /or THG will survive the economic crisis that accompanies the pandemic. At the moment we do not know how much of an assumption that is.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 14:05 - Mar 28 with 3166 viewsRadlett_blue

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 11:45 - Mar 28 by Bent_double

Maybe PL clubs will be the only survivors of this, and they will use this opportunity to close the doors and shut-up-shop on the rest of football?

It would be the worst possible thing they could do - for football in general - but money talks, and I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't one of the options they are discussing (in secret) at the moment.

I think the PL clubs will more be seeing this situation as an opportunity to hoover up some promising players from impoverished FL clubs at knock-down prices.

i think fans need to see Marcus as a blessing.. but needs advice on 14:14 - Mar 28 with 3155 viewsHerbivore

i think fans need to see Marcus as a blessing.. but needs advice on 11:58 - Mar 28 by Chrisd

It shouldn't save him, but I think it will but has PL got enough about him to change and more to the point does he want to?

No, he doesn't have anything about him. That's pretty clear, sadly.

i think fans need to see Marcus as a blessing.. but needs advice on 14:15 - Mar 28 with 3154 viewsHerbivore

i think fans need to see Marcus as a blessing.. but needs advice on 12:03 - Mar 28 by unstableblue

He needs a technical director and/or technical coach behind him. His current number 2 and ONeill are clearly not what the club needs

Rather than getting rid of two guys who aren't responsible for managing the team, it would make more sense to just get rid of the guy that is.

i think fans need to see Marcus as a blessing.. but needs advice on 16:12 - Mar 28 with 3092 viewsmonytowbray

i think fans need to see Marcus as a blessing.. but needs advice on 14:14 - Mar 28 by Herbivore

No, he doesn't have anything about him. That's pretty clear, sadly.

The Premier League clubs will take a hit from this too. How many are currently to the wall without regular matchday income coming in? I don’t have that answer but I can’t imagine it looks too rosy for clubs like Bournemouth, Everton, Watford, Palace, etc right now. There will be owners at the top half who go to the wall and will need to rethink investment too. Can’t imagine big C’ship spending sides like Derby will come out of this too rosy either.

I think there would be mass Sky and football boycotts if the big 6 took the p1ss. If they’re that bothered about money they should p1ss off and start their European Superleague and we can fix the game at home.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 16:24 - Mar 28 with 3070 viewsBent_double

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 14:05 - Mar 28 by Radlett_blue

I think the PL clubs will more be seeing this situation as an opportunity to hoover up some promising players from impoverished FL clubs at knock-down prices.

Yes, while dressing it up as 'financially assisting' those clubs no doubt!

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 16:36 - Mar 28 with 3040 viewsRadlett_blue

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 16:24 - Mar 28 by Bent_double

Yes, while dressing it up as 'financially assisting' those clubs no doubt!

Rather like the ITV Digital fiasco.

Think Marcus will be the custodian for a very long time on 17:09 - Mar 28 with 3011 viewstonybied

I wonder if ffp rules might be relaxed through this allowing owners to pump more money in to prop up clubs as they currently have no source of income.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024