Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryanair chat experience 09:49 - May 1 with 3043 viewsGeoffSentence

Got through to a live agent on Ryanair agent on chat surprisingly quickly this morning. In fact I got caught out a little as I had wandered away not expecting to get connected and just got back in time to respond before he disconnected.

Ryanair cancelled my flights to Croatia in September weeks ago and I am now going through the hoops of getting a refund.

They have offered vouchers instead of a refund, which I don't want, so got on chat to request a refund. They are going to give me one but "We are not giving a specific timeframe for refunds but I advise it will not be until the COVID 19 restrictions have passed."

I am not happy with a promise of a refund at some unknown time in the future and I told them so and got this back from them

"the current unfortunate events and challenges need to be tackled together by us and our dear passengers."

Which from a company which is so openly contemptuous of the people who fly with it I thought was a bit rich.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ryanair chat experience on 09:54 - May 1 with 2512 viewsUB9Blue

Have you tried claiming through your credit or debit card? I have seen a number of articles where people have nagged their bank into processing a reclaim.
Ryanair chat experience on 09:57 - May 1 with 2505 viewsGeoffSentence

Ryanair chat experience on 09:54 - May 1 by UB9Blue

Have you tried claiming through your credit or debit card? I have seen a number of articles where people have nagged their bank into processing a reclaim.

Yep, that's in progress, went through Ryanair chat knowing that it wouldn't be particularly helpful but so we can confirm that we have requested a refund from them for the purposes of the credit card chargeback request. I have to say that the credit card company was reluctant to start the chargeback process as they have offered vouchers but we have insisted.

Ryanair chat experience on 10:10 - May 1 with 2464 viewsElephantintheRoom

The thing is its not entirely their fault that they cannot fly you is it?

And for an airline not flying planes to an unknown timeline is something of a problem... your money is quite handy to them IF they are going to survive for people like you to use in the future.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Ryanair chat experience on 10:12 - May 1 with 2456 viewsfactual_blue

Ryanair chat experience on 09:57 - May 1 by GeoffSentence

Yep, that's in progress, went through Ryanair chat knowing that it wouldn't be particularly helpful but so we can confirm that we have requested a refund from them for the purposes of the credit card chargeback request. I have to say that the credit card company was reluctant to start the chargeback process as they have offered vouchers but we have insisted.

Next step perhaps the small claims court?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ryanair chat experience on 10:17 - May 1 with 2449 viewsWeWereZombies

They are now pleading that because they are having to lay people off refunds are going to take six months...get that chargeback on the credit or debit card I reckon:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52498691

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Ryanair chat experience on 10:19 - May 1 with 2449 viewsGeoffSentence

Ryanair chat experience on 10:10 - May 1 by ElephantintheRoom

And for an airline not flying planes to an unknown timeline is something of a problem... your money is quite handy to them IF they are going to survive for people like you to use in the future.

Not their fault at all.

But they aren't a charity and I don't intend to give them my money for nothing.

The main thrust of my point in the OP though was the contrast with how they are referring to their customers now 'dear passengers' with the way that they dealt with them before, which was in my experience, contemptuous.

Ryanair chat experience on 10:19 - May 1 with 2437 viewsElephantintheRoom

Ryanair chat experience on 10:12 - May 1 by factual_blue

you dont think your small minded approach is shall we say a bit 'last year'?

I havent been paid on time for some invoices...... i'm being a tad more understanding... money is tight at the moment.

Ryanair chat experience on 10:19 - May 1 with 2435 viewsGeoffSentence

Ryanair chat experience on 10:12 - May 1 by factual_blue

There are several other steps before then chargeback is the first one to go for.

Login to get fewer ads

Ryanair chat experience on 10:19 - May 1 with 2436 viewsfooters

Shut your gob and be thankful for the voucher, seat piggy.

Sincerely,

Michael O'Leary

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Ryanair chat experience on 10:22 - May 1 with 2418 viewsGeoffSentence

Ryanair chat experience on 10:19 - May 1 by footers

Shut your gob and be thankful for the voucher, seat piggy.

Sincerely,

Michael O'Leary

Excellent, I could actually imagine him saying that.

Ryanair chat experience on 10:26 - May 1 with 2407 viewsGeoffSentence

Ryanair chat experience on 10:19 - May 1 by ElephantintheRoom

I havent been paid on time for some invoices...... i'm being a tad more understanding... money is tight at the moment.

I would hope that you have presented a friendlier face to your customers in the past than Mr O'Leary and his crew have done. If they are suffering from a customer base that does not really care now, they have brought it on themselves.

Ryanair chat experience on 10:30 - May 1 with 2390 viewsLibero

I'm supposed to be going on a Stag to Amsterdam in October which clearly won't be happening. Nobody in the Whatsapp group has spoken in weeks, I'm pretty sure the money slapped down for flights and hotel is as good as gone though so best write it off mentally now I guess.
Ryanair chat experience on 10:38 - May 1 with 2366 viewsTractorWood

Ryanair chat experience on 09:54 - May 1 by UB9Blue

That's what I'm doing but suspect it will take months.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Ryanair chat experience on 10:40 - May 1 with 2361 viewsTractorWood

Ryanair chat experience on 10:30 - May 1 by Libero

I'm supposed to be going on a Stag to Amsterdam in October which clearly won't be happening. Nobody in the Whatsapp group has spoken in weeks, I'm pretty sure the money slapped down for flights and hotel is as good as gone though so best write it off mentally now I guess.

Don't give up. I had one scheduled for Cologne in early April. We have managed to reclaim hotel in full and Bayer Leverkusen were a pleasure to deal with in refunding 10 tickets. Only problem has been Ryanair.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Ryanair chat experience on 10:41 - May 1 with 2350 viewsLibero

Ryanair chat experience on 10:40 - May 1 by TractorWood

Don't give up. I had one scheduled for Cologne in early April. We have managed to reclaim hotel in full and Bayer Leverkusen were a pleasure to deal with in refunding 10 tickets. Only problem has been Ryanair.

Hmm, I guess it will depend how inclined the chap organising it is as all the money was forwarded to him, fingers crossed though, would be a tidy little sum to get back.
Ryanair chat experience on 10:49 - May 1 with 2327 viewsGuthrum

Ryanair chat experience on 10:10 - May 1 by ElephantintheRoom

If they don't survive and if there is a market for cheap airlines in the future, then someone else will come along and fill the gap. Possibly with a better customer service attitude than Ryanair.

That is one of the ultimate risks of running a private company. If disaster strikes (storm, fire, war, plague), then you are vulnerable to failure. If you can't supply the goods or services someone has paid for, they will quite reasonably want their money back - after all, they may need that to survive, too, if their own situation is threatened by the crisis.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ryanair chat experience on 10:58 - May 1 with 2293 viewshomer_123

Ryanair chat experience on 10:19 - May 1 by GeoffSentence

Not their fault at all.

But they aren't a charity and I don't intend to give them my money for nothing.

The main thrust of my point in the OP though was the contrast with how they are referring to their customers now 'dear passengers' with the way that they dealt with them before, which was in my experience, contemptuous.

Very North Korea isn't it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Ryanair chat experience on 11:16 - May 1 with 2269 viewsGlasgowBlue

I hate Ryanair but have to use them from time to time as they are the only airline flying to certain routes from Scotland.

They were great 20 years ago when I worked in England and I could book a flight from Prestwick to Stansted for 50p return but now they load so many charges in its just an unpleasant experience dealing with them.

I was one minute late checking in my bag last year, my fault as I started driving to Glasgow Airport before the Mrs reminded me we were flying from Edinburgh, and they couldn’t give a toss and charged me 25 quid.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ryanair chat experience on 11:19 - May 1 with 2265 viewsGeoffSentence

Ryanair chat experience on 11:16 - May 1 by GlasgowBlue

I hate Ryanair but have to use them from time to time as they are the only airline flying to certain routes from Scotland.

They were great 20 years ago when I worked in England and I could book a flight from Prestwick to Stansted for 50p return but now they load so many charges in its just an unpleasant experience dealing with them.

I was one minute late checking in my bag last year, my fault as I started driving to Glasgow Airport before the Mrs reminded me we were flying from Edinburgh, and they couldn’t give a toss and charged me 25 quid.

Twenty years ago Ryanair had it right.

Cheap ticket and a scrum to get on the plane, pay a fiver to get on an earlier scrum.

It was simple.

Now it has to be the most complicated of airlines to deal with.

That excess charge for being a minute late is absolutely typical of the way they deal with their customers and a good example of why no-one should go out of their way to help Ryanair now.

Ryanair chat experience on 11:25 - May 1 with 2245 viewsuefacup81

Do you get some sort of kick out of being deliberately contrarian?

All I've ever seen you do on this forum is spout a viewpoint diametrically opposed to that of the general thread.

Give it a break. Take a walk or something - it's nice out.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Ryanair chat experience on 11:45 - May 1 with 2205 viewsfactual_blue

You haven't included the hyphen in 'small-minded'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ryanair chat experience on 12:04 - May 1 with 2164 viewsWeWereZombies

Ryanair chat experience on 11:45 - May 1 by factual_blue

You haven't included the hyphen in 'small-minded'.

You are writing a reply rather than chatting; you could, at least, have written 'You have not'.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Ryanair chat experience on 12:19 - May 1 with 2141 viewsLeaky

Their Ceo ( I think his name was O'leary) was intviewed on BBC this morning he thought some refunds could take 6 months to process.
Ryanair chat experience on 12:29 - May 1 with 2127 viewsMeadowlark

Ryanair chat experience on 12:19 - May 1 by Leaky

Their Ceo ( I think his name was O'leary) was intviewed on BBC this morning he thought some refunds could take 6 months to process.

I think Ryanair will "claim" bankruptcy and keep everyone's money. Then start again as Leary Air or something.
Someone a bit more corporate savvy can probably tell me if this is likely, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us all lose our money.

My flight in mid May has yet to be cancelled, so I can't do anything yet.

On a more minor point I also made the mistake of booking car parking at Stansted through Ryanair, and that payment will be stolen. I am pretty sure of that.
Ryanair chat experience on 12:41 - May 1 with 2104 viewsElephantintheRoom

Ryanair chat experience on 11:25 - May 1 by uefacup81

Do you get some sort of kick out of being deliberately contrarian?

All I've ever seen you do on this forum is spout a viewpoint diametrically opposed to that of the general thread.

Give it a break. Take a walk or something - it's nice out.

Not at all... I just happen to inhabit the real world

Ryan Air are (or were) what they are. To cut costs which were increasing year after year they increasingly minimise the service or 'upsell'. How anybody can complain about being charged a small premium for jeopardising a flight is frankly absurd.

I dont use Ryan Air much... but if you dont check in luggage It tends to work quite well at what are still absurdly low prices. You get what you pay for.... whilst they were flying

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024