Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... 08:17 - May 20 with 4633 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

N/t

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 08:22 - May 20 with 1698 viewsbluelagos

Give the people what they want Bankster. :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 08:28 - May 20 with 1678 viewsHerbivore

The world is going to sh!t and the people are actually starting to question the government, best throw them a good news story. It's government by media manipulation. It's why the news cycle a week and a half ago was all about whether lockdown was going to be eased rather than about us having the highest death toll in Europe, which is still climbing more quickly than our neighbours'.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 08:37 - May 20 with 1655 viewsSomethingBlue

It'll be lapped up by the people who were literally Vera Lynn-ing each other to death the other week, so the desired effect will be had.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 08:57 - May 20 with 1614 viewsuefacup81

Shame the chap and his family haven't quite twigged what's going on.

Panem et circenses

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 09:36 - May 20 with 1580 viewsGuthrum

Raising that kind of money through charitable endeavours is as worthy of recognition as many others.

Moreover, in times of crisis, heroes and figureheads are important for keeping up national morale. If you neglect that, you can find yourself in real trouble.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 09:57 - May 20 with 1545 viewsuefacup81

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 09:36 - May 20 by Guthrum

Raising that kind of money through charitable endeavours is as worthy of recognition as many others.

Moreover, in times of crisis, heroes and figureheads are important for keeping up national morale. If you neglect that, you can find yourself in real trouble.

There's no doubt about that. However, this is clearly being very carefully managed and drawn out so that they can go back to it whenever there's a risk of something else taking the headlines.

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:00 - May 20 with 1539 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 09:36 - May 20 by Guthrum

People were begging for him to be given a knighthood, now they are moaning that hes been given one. LOL

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:01 - May 20 with 1534 viewsLankHenners

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:00 - May 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

People were begging for him to be given a knighthood, now they are moaning that hes been given one. LOL

Those are two separate groups of people.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:02 - May 20 with 1533 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 08:57 - May 20 by uefacup81

Shame the chap and his family haven't quite twigged what's going on.

Panem et circenses

So in your view Tom Moore and his family aren't very bright?

Nice.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:02 - May 20 with 1530 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:01 - May 20 by LankHenners

Those are two separate groups of people.

Hmmmmm, not sure about that.

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:03 - May 20 with 1531 viewsPendejo

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 09:57 - May 20 by uefacup81

There's no doubt about that. However, this is clearly being very carefully managed and drawn out so that they can go back to it whenever there's a risk of something else taking the headlines.

That assumes the public and media have the memory of goldfish... I think Covid19 is of such a scale that it'll not be forgotten that easily.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:09 - May 20 with 1520 viewsfactual_blue

And make sure you do it on a Tuesday evening, just ahead of PMQs.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:14 - May 20 with 1513 viewsLankHenners

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:02 - May 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

Hmmmmm, not sure about that.

Not for the first time. Don’t worry, you’ll get something right eventually.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:20 - May 20 with 1503 viewsBrixtonBlue

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 08:28 - May 20 by Herbivore

The world is going to sh!t and the people are actually starting to question the government, best throw them a good news story. It's government by media manipulation. It's why the news cycle a week and a half ago was all about whether lockdown was going to be eased rather than about us having the highest death toll in Europe, which is still climbing more quickly than our neighbours'.

Disagree. As I said when it was first mentioned, I'd much rather this chap got one than many many of the others.

I also don't think people are going to forget what the government have done because of this one story.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:22 - May 20 with 1502 viewsuefacup81

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:03 - May 20 by Pendejo

That assumes the public and media have the memory of goldfish... I think Covid19 is of such a scale that it'll not be forgotten that easily.

It's not so much the broader COVID-19 situation. More that the Government have an uncanny knack of letting something else hog the front pages (knighthoods, medical staff breaching lockdown, teachers etc.,) whenever something mildly embarrassing would otherwise feature (deaths, criticism from medical advisors...)

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:26 - May 20 with 1495 viewsuefacup81

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:02 - May 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

So in your view Tom Moore and his family aren't very bright?

Nice.

Well, there are three possibilities:

1) They're a bit thick
2) They know what's going on, but "ooh, shiny baubles"
3) They're happy to help make the Government look slightly less incompetent

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:27 - May 20 with 1487 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:14 - May 20 by LankHenners

Not for the first time. Don’t worry, you’ll get something right eventually.

I usually do.

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:29 - May 20 with 1482 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:26 - May 20 by uefacup81

1) They're a bit thick

...or they are grateful to receive the honour that the public called for.

It may well be good PR for the Govt, but thats not Captain Toms fault.

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:31 - May 20 with 1474 viewsGuthrum

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 09:57 - May 20 by uefacup81

Tho some of that had to do with his great age. You can't posthumously knight someone.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:35 - May 20 with 1466 viewsuefacup81

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:29 - May 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agreed, but ultimately they're the ones who have final say as to whether they:

a) Accept the various honours in a quiet and dignified fashion

or

B) Welcome the UK's massed media into their back garden every single f*cking time for a nice bit of wall-to-wall coverage

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:35 - May 20 with 1465 viewsm14_blue

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:29 - May 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

Spot on, thoroughly deserved.

It is possible to be a huge admirer of the man and feel uncomfortable with the way the government are exploiting the situation though, there’s no hypocrisy in those positions.
When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:37 - May 20 with 1462 viewsBrixtonBlue

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:26 - May 20 by uefacup81

1) They're a bit thick

4) They're delighted to receive the highest honour for their dad/grandad/great grandad. I know if it was my dad I'd be pleased as punch.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:38 - May 20 with 1457 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:35 - May 20 by m14_blue

It is possible to be a huge admirer of the man and feel uncomfortable with the way the government are exploiting the situation though, there’s no hypocrisy in those positions.

Pretty much what I said.

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:39 - May 20 with 1452 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:35 - May 20 by uefacup81

Agreed, but ultimately they're the ones who have final say as to whether they:

a) Accept the various honours in a quiet and dignified fashion

or

B) Welcome the UK's massed media into their back garden every single f*cking time for a nice bit of wall-to-wall coverage

I have no issue with either, that's very much their choice.

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:41 - May 20 with 1448 viewsuefacup81

When the going gets tough, give out a knighthood ... on 10:35 - May 20 by m14_blue

I agree entirely.

I just feel that when they're willing to smile for the cameras every time there's a slight development, they're either a bit dense, or know fully they they're being exploited but don't care.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024