Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid Death after being spat at by someone 16:37 - May 12 with 2018 viewsMullet

https://www.itv.com/news/london/2020-05-12/station-ticket-office-worker-dies-wit

This story is horrible. Legally I assume the case can be made, but in all likelihood the person involved is likely to walk here aren't they? Assuming they even get them judging by the story.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 16:43 - May 12 with 1995 viewsGeoffSentence

'Kin horrible thing to do, but that the person said they had the virus doesn't mean they really did. They'd have to find them and test them and somehow prove that they had it at the time of the incident. Not going to happen.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 16:44 - May 12 with 1992 viewsbluelagos

Guess it's difficult to prove (to a criminal standard) the link between the assault and the poor guy actually catching CV19. So yeah, likely they walk for manslaughter but assault could surely be pursued if they catch him.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 16:45 - May 12 with 1988 viewsMullet

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 16:43 - May 12 by GeoffSentence

'Kin horrible thing to do, but that the person said they had the virus doesn't mean they really did. They'd have to find them and test them and somehow prove that they had it at the time of the incident. Not going to happen.

I guess some would argue they deserve the sentence for saying/doing it in combination but that wouldn't pass the test would it frankly?

As with the American fella licking groceries in a shop, I'm at a loss as to what makes people do this stuff.

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 16:50 - May 12 with 1964 viewsbluelagos

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 16:45 - May 12 by Mullet

I guess some would argue they deserve the sentence for saying/doing it in combination but that wouldn't pass the test would it frankly?

As with the American fella licking groceries in a shop, I'm at a loss as to what makes people do this stuff.

Licking fruit? I would imagine that fella has mental health issues tbh

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 16:53 - May 12 with 1958 viewsMullet

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 16:50 - May 12 by bluelagos

Licking fruit? I would imagine that fella has mental health issues tbh

Seemed to be for social media infamy as much as anything but the two are not mutually exclusive

Didn't some weirdo in the States.... on 16:58 - May 12 with 1938 viewsBloots

…..(which doesn't narrow it down much) film himself licking the rim of a public bog and then go down with various "lurgies", all for the sake of some Instagram likes?

Maybe I made it up.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Didn't some weirdo in the States.... on 17:01 - May 12 with 1923 viewsMullet

Didn't some weirdo in the States.... on 16:58 - May 12 by Bloots

…..(which doesn't narrow it down much) film himself licking the rim of a public bog and then go down with various "lurgies", all for the sake of some Instagram likes?

Maybe I made it up.

Dunno. Sounds like our internet histories are markedly different.

Didn't some weirdo in the States.... on 17:10 - May 12 with 1907 viewsLankHenners

Didn't some weirdo in the States.... on 16:58 - May 12 by Bloots

Maybe I made it up.

Yeah there were a few gimps doing the 'coronavirus challenge' of licking toilets and other things. Needless to say it had the obvious outcome.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 17:10 - May 12 with 1908 viewsElderGrizzly

Think it is around 3 months for spitting and saying you have Covid-19 but that is all that is likely here. Quite a few similar sentences around the country

As others said, I don’t think they’ll be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt the death linked to him
There's absolutely no doubt about that, thankfully. (n/t) on 17:12 - May 12 with 1898 viewsBloots

Didn't some weirdo in the States.... on 17:01 - May 12 by Mullet

Dunno. Sounds like our internet histories are markedly different.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 18:46 - May 12 with 1815 viewsfactual_blue

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 16:53 - May 12 by Mullet

Seemed to be for social media infamy as much as anything but the two are not mutually exclusive

In related facetwit news, facetwit are looking for a Product Policy Manager, Misinformation.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 19:04 - May 12 with 1782 viewsSwansea_Blue

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 16:43 - May 12 by GeoffSentence

Should happen though. It should certainly be investigated.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 19:55 - May 12 with 1731 viewsPecker

Hang the B@st@rd.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 20:53]
Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 20:20 - May 12 with 1699 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Bantz innit.

Or whatever it is they say.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 22:31 - May 12 with 1629 viewstractordownsouth

Unlikely to find the guy unfortunately. He deserves to go away for life though, an 11 year old has lost her mum because of some tw@t doing something like that.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 17:53 - May 29 with 1402 viewsMullet

As predicted it seems.

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 17:55 - May 29 with 1391 viewsShawsey

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 17:53 - May 29 by Mullet

As predicted it seems.

It would have been almost impossible to prosecute.
Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 18:05 - May 29 with 1354 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm surprised. If this was a claimed deliberate infection from other diseases (I think HIV has been used as an example precedent) then they would at least investigate further. From the statement it doesn't seem that they've looked into it enough to establish the facts; it just seems to be dropped, although it's not that clear.

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 18:16 - May 29 with 1327 viewsjeera

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 18:05 - May 29 by Swansea_Blue

I'm surprised. If this was a claimed deliberate infection from other diseases (I think HIV has been used as an example precedent) then they would at least investigate further. From the statement it doesn't seem that they've looked into it enough to establish the facts; it just seems to be dropped, although it's not that clear.

But either way it would be at least assault you would think.

So what then, the footage wasn't clear enough to determine that at all or does spitting at someone not count as assault?

Filthy ***t.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 18:18 - May 29 with 1327 viewsShawsey

Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 18:05 - May 29 by Swansea_Blue

If they arrested him at the time, they could have established if he has Covid. As they didn't, would be almost impossible to discover weather he was just being a d1ck or indeed had passed it on to her. They should at least investigate and find something to pin on him. Incredibly vile thing to do either way.
Covid Death after being spat at by someone on 18:29 - May 29 with 1289 viewsSwansea_Blue

Agree with both of those replies. I don't know the details, but it feels like this has been dismissed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024