Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You know what shows how fcked up we are 06:51 - Jun 7 with 3069 viewsbluelagos

Just put George Floyd into google and it prompted me, no 1 search is "George Floyd previous convictions"

So more people are searching his previous convictions than any other thing about him. Presume people are seeking out a justification for his murder.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 09:22 - Jun 7 with 2144 viewsSwansea_Blue

People have got to win that argument on the Internet!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 09:29 - Jun 7 with 2132 viewsbluelagos

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 09:22 - Jun 7 by Swansea_Blue

People have got to win that argument on the Internet!

Are people seriously arguing that kneeling on a man's neck for 8 and half minutes and killing him is acceptable because of what he may/may not have done previously?

I guess this place has it's differences but no one has gone down that route thankfully.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 09:53 - Jun 7 with 2065 viewsShawsey

I will admit, I have searched for the reason for the police being called. Only because they have never mentioned it. In no way does any crime deserve that response from the police. He only had a forged $20 note for Christ sake. Yes he had previous, but he had served his time and was turning his life around. Like I say, the police response was ridiculous and obviously wrong on all levels. A peaceful protest today please, none of that rubbish we saw yesterday. A peace protest.
You know what shows how fcked up we are on 10:02 - Jun 7 with 2034 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think more people would be searching that to find out about background to the case than trying to justify his murder.

I've not seen or heard many people trying to justify his murder.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 10:07 - Jun 7 with 2018 viewsWeWereZombies

Before you surmise that more people are searching for information on George Floyd's previous convictions I think you should ask yourself how many of those search enquires were made by bots - the people who own the servers have got a lot of capacity to send off their minions in pursuit of the skewed.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 10:12 - Jun 7 with 2010 viewsWD19

When I searched just now.....even adding George Floyd p....all I got was “George Floyd passed away” and “George Floyd police car”.....
You know what shows how fcked up we are on 10:23 - Jun 7 with 1976 viewsPendejo

Curiosity piqued I have now looked at his past convictions, but still don't see anything that says kneeling on his neck for over 8 minutes is professional practice when arresting someone.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 10:26 - Jun 7 with 1951 viewsGlasgowBlue

In Safari it throws up

George Floyd age
George Floyd wife
George Floyd art

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 11:16 - Jun 7 with 1886 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 09:29 - Jun 7 by bluelagos

Are people seriously arguing that kneeling on a man's neck for 8 and half minutes and killing him is acceptable because of what he may/may not have done previously?

I guess this place has it's differences but no one has gone down that route thankfully.

I've not seen a single person suggest that.

I think it's normal for people to be curious about the past of someone in such a big case, and his criminal history has not really been covered in most stories because it clearly doesn't justify the murder.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 12:11 - Jun 7 with 1823 viewsITFC_Forever

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 11:16 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think it's normal for people to be curious about the past of someone in such a big case, and his criminal history has not really been covered in most stories because it clearly doesn't justify the murder.

I have.... some FB numpties have been approaching it from that angle.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 12:16 - Jun 7 with 1806 viewsSwansea_Blue

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 09:29 - Jun 7 by bluelagos

Seems to me that's exactly what they are doing. Racists gonna racist.

Maybe he was a wrongun for all I know, but there's no justification for a cold blooded killing (execution really). None whatsoever. Not his previous activities, not because white people have suffered similar at the cops hands in the US, not because white people also suffer for socio-economic deprivation, not because some people have turn violent at protests.

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 12:18 - Jun 7 with 1804 viewsSwansea_Blue

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 11:16 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

I have - it's widespread amongst a certain sort on Twitter. How many of those are bots, I've no idea though.

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 12:28 - Jun 7 with 1780 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 12:18 - Jun 7 by Swansea_Blue

I have - it's widespread amongst a certain sort on Twitter. How many of those are bots, I've no idea though.

I don't use Twitter, full of trolls and poison.

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 12:30 - Jun 7 with 1779 viewsSpruceMoose

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 10:02 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think more people would be searching that to find out about background to the case than trying to justify his murder.

You've not been paying attention then. Every time a black man is killed by police the first thing many, many people do is to try and justify it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 12:50 - Jun 7 with 1745 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 12:30 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

You've not been paying attention then. Every time a black man is killed by police the first thing many, many people do is to try and justify it.

Maybe some do.

I've not seen many try to justify the killing of George Floyd. I'm sure some right wing groups will, but mostly the general public appears to be in agreement that it wasn't justified.

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 13:00 - Jun 7 with 1721 viewsSpruceMoose

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 12:50 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Maybe some do.

I've not seen many try to justify the killing of George Floyd. I'm sure some right wing groups will, but mostly the general public appears to be in agreement that it wasn't justified.

What do you mean by general public? You said you don't use Twitter so where else are you not seeing this happening?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 13:02 - Jun 7 with 1714 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 10:02 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

That was the exact ‘point’ that Ian Marshall was retweeting the other day as per the thread on here...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 13:04 - Jun 7 with 1700 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 13:00 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

What do you mean by general public? You said you don't use Twitter so where else are you not seeing this happening?

Sprucey la, chill your boots.

I think we are generally in agreement. You should know better than to use Twitter as a barometer of what is happening in the world.

It's clear that the vast majority of public feeling is in support of BLM.

It's interesting that of all my posts today, you have only chosen this one to respond to. Something in it has triggered you.

I have been PM'd by a number of people stating that you have driven a few posters away from TWTD with your bullying.

I won't be bullied by you, I'm not going away.

Just try to be nice to people, that's the best advice I can give you. You'll find some peace in that.

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 13:15 - Jun 7 with 1669 viewsSpruceMoose

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 13:04 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Sprucey la, chill your boots.

I think we are generally in agreement. You should know better than to use Twitter as a barometer of what is happening in the world.

It's clear that the vast majority of public feeling is in support of BLM.

It's interesting that of all my posts today, you have only chosen this one to respond to. Something in it has triggered you.

I have been PM'd by a number of people stating that you have driven a few posters away from TWTD with your bullying.

I won't be bullied by you, I'm not going away.

Just try to be nice to people, that's the best advice I can give you. You'll find some peace in that.

It was just a simple question. Try not to be so sensitive.

You said you weren't seeing it. I only asked where you were looking. This is quite the turnaround from you though considering three days ago you scurried off denying that White Privilege was even a thing.

Oh you've been getting the PMs! Straight out of the Gibbers playbook that one. Well, I'd say anyone unhappy with me should probably just pm me directly rather than you. I'd he more than glad to chat.

I'm not bullying you. I just saying that I think you are a contrarian plum with an extremely thin skin when it comes to women and minorities. Just basing that off your posts. Sorry if that upsets you!
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 13:19]

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 13:20 - Jun 7 with 1650 viewsSwansea_Blue

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 12:28 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't use Twitter, full of trolls and poison.

Certainly is

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 13:20 - Jun 7 with 1646 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 13:15 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

It was just a simple question. Try not to be so sensitive.

You said you weren't seeing it. I only asked where you were looking. This is quite the turnaround from you though considering three days ago you scurried off denying that White Privilege was even a thing.

Oh you've been getting the PMs! Straight out of the Gibbers playbook that one. Well, I'd say anyone unhappy with me should probably just pm me directly rather than you. I'd he more than glad to chat.

I'm not bullying you. I just saying that I think you are a contrarian plum with an extremely thin skin when it comes to women and minorities. Just basing that off your posts. Sorry if that upsets you!
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 13:19]

Most of the usual outlets, just not Twitter.

I cant control who PM's me to complain about you, sorry about that.

You always engage in my threads, feel free to put me on your ignore list.

Or read more of my posts and open your mind.

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 13:25 - Jun 7 with 1637 viewsSpruceMoose

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 13:20 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Most of the usual outlets, just not Twitter.

I cant control who PM's me to complain about you, sorry about that.

You always engage in my threads, feel free to put me on your ignore list.

Or read more of my posts and open your mind.

I have read your mind mate. That's the problem. I've been wandering round it like a gadfly in the Royal Albert Hall. How can I put it? It sure seems spacious.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 13:27]

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 13:29 - Jun 7 with 1608 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 13:25 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

I have read your mind mate. That's the problem. I've been wandering round it like a gadfly in the Royal Albert Hall. How can I put it? It sure seems spacious.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 13:27]

Why so glum then? I'm flattered by the comparison.

The Royal Albert Hall is a beautiful place, more often than not filled with genius of some kind or another.

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 13:30 - Jun 7 with 1607 viewsSpruceMoose

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 13:29 - Jun 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Why so glum then? I'm flattered by the comparison.

The Royal Albert Hall is a beautiful place, more often than not filled with genius of some kind or another.

Not right now.

It's utterly empty.

Anyway, enough with you. I'll leave you to your 'PMs'.

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 13:32 - Jun 7 with 1595 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You know what shows how fcked up we are on 13:30 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

Not right now.

It's utterly empty.

Anyway, enough with you. I'll leave you to your 'PMs'.

Have a good day.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024