Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our little boy would've been 5 today... 14:07 - Jun 6 with 3603 viewshoppy

Happy birthday CT.

Love, Daddy x

(sorry for posting it here, but I know a lot of you have known the background, and it helps me to be able to post in recognition somewhere and I don't like to do it on facebook and suchlike)

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 14:10 - Jun 6 with 3313 viewsKeno

thinking of you Hops

Hows KJ?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 14:16 - Jun 6 with 3287 viewsRyorry

No need to apologise.

Hugs

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 14:33 - Jun 6 with 3219 viewsPJH

As Ryorry says, you have nothing to apologise for.

Thinking of you and KJ.

The little brother that Yasmin would have adored.
Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 14:35 - Jun 6 with 3206 viewsjeera

Thoughts are with you all mate. x

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 14:35 - Jun 6 with 3197 viewsGlasgowBlue

Thoughts are with you and the family as always Hoppy on this very difficult day.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 15:06 - Jun 6 with 3146 viewsblueislander

Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 14:35 - Jun 6 by GlasgowBlue

Thoughts are with you and the family as always Hoppy on this very difficult day.

My very best wishes and thoughts are with the three of . I remember swapping experiences with you, and although mine is a very long time past, I think I know how you are feeling. Take care of your ladies.
Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 16:08 - Jun 6 with 3042 viewscatch74

Thoughts with you Hoppy.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 16:12 - Jun 6 with 3034 viewsShawsey

Our thoughts are with you and your family. xx
Login to get fewer ads

Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 16:16 - Jun 6 with 3024 viewsBlueBadger

There's a Virtual Hug to you and yours from all of us at Badger Acres on its way.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 17:01 - Jun 6 with 2973 viewsDebsyAngel

Hugs to you and Kelly Jo on this sad day xx
Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 17:04 - Jun 6 with 2958 viewsOsborneOneNil

Thoughts are with you guys, Hoppy.
Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 17:04 - Jun 6 with 2958 viewsclive_baker

No need to apologise at all. Happy birthday little man.

All the best.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 17:22 - Jun 6 with 2929 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

Thinking of you all. 👍
Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 17:49 - Jun 6 with 2902 viewssohamblue74

All the best Hoppy and family. A brave post at what must be such a difficult time. It is healthy to share and vent your feelings.
Clearly a lot of love and respect for you and yours here on TWTD. Stay strong. Thinking of you all.
Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 17:57 - Jun 6 with 2890 viewsTractorboy24

Thoughts with you.

You don’t need to apologise either, I don’t know the story behind what happened, but my youngest was 8 weeks early, and spent the next 4 weeks in Framingham Ward. This ended up being a time where I wrote most on Twitter, just because writing my feelings down allowed me to vent. He’s now 2 and as normal as can be (well, as normal as anyone related to me can be).
Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 18:00 - Jun 6 with 2884 viewsvapour_trail

Love to you all hoppy x

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 18:21 - Jun 6 with 2854 viewshoppy

Thank you all for the kind words and wishes. Just got back in the car out of the rain at the cemetery, having come here with Yasmin to bring some flowers (blue and white, or as close to them as I could get!) and a couple of birthday cards. Yasmin told him to have a good party, and I told him to go and find Sir Bobby if he wants to hear some great stories - but not to expect him to get his name right!!

Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 18:22 - Jun 6 with 2846 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

All the best.
Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 19:21 - Jun 6 with 2774 viewseastangliaisblue

Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 18:21 - Jun 6 by hoppy

Thank you all for the kind words and wishes. Just got back in the car out of the rain at the cemetery, having come here with Yasmin to bring some flowers (blue and white, or as close to them as I could get!) and a couple of birthday cards. Yasmin told him to have a good party, and I told him to go and find Sir Bobby if he wants to hear some great stories - but not to expect him to get his name right!!

My heart goes out to you and your family.
Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 22:26 - Jun 6 with 2672 viewsEpiphone

Nothing we can say will alleviate your pain but our thoughts are with you.
Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 23:23 - Jun 6 with 2629 viewsWednesdayJon

My heart goes out to you and your family Hoppy,

I cannot even begin to imagine the pain and anguish you have been through or continue to go through.

I hope that you may gain some small comfort from the fact that so many people acknowledge your pain, and send our thoughts, love & deepest sympathy to you and yours at times such as this.
Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 23:23 - Jun 6 with 2628 viewslinhdi

Don't ever stop posting...
Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 23:29 - Jun 6 with 2622 viewsWeWereZombies

I had a sister who never made it past her first few hours, more than sixty years on now but I still wonder how life would have been better for my family if the girl had lived as my mum never really got over the event. As blueislander said, we need to look after our ladies (even if we cannot fully know what they go through). Stay strong mate.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 15:03 - Jun 7 with 2454 viewshoppy

Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 23:29 - Jun 6 by WeWereZombies

I had a sister who never made it past her first few hours, more than sixty years on now but I still wonder how life would have been better for my family if the girl had lived as my mum never really got over the event. As blueislander said, we need to look after our ladies (even if we cannot fully know what they go through). Stay strong mate.

Thanks for this. Absolutely. I’m very grateful that I’ve still got both of them to look after - particularly after how close, without realising quite how close, I came to potentially having to deal with KJ going to look after CT... it makes you appreciate and make the most of your loved ones!

Yes, it’s often in mind how life would’ve been different, and how Yasmin would’ve been with a little brother as well as her 3 older ones, but something we’ll never know. It’s not surprising your mum didn’t get over the loss. KJ also found yesterday a struggle and hit her very hard. She actually posted on Facebook about him with a picture for the first time too. I think for her, as me posting on here, was a help to cope - and feel she may be ready to get counselling to help her further deal with the loss.

I’ve been choked with reading the responses on here above. Including WednesdayJon - who isn’t even a town fan - but his comments meant a lot too, as it goes to show how wide our TWTD community actually is!

Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 15:13 - Jun 7 with 2429 viewsjeera

Our little boy would've been 5 today... on 15:03 - Jun 7 by hoppy

Thanks for this. Absolutely. I’m very grateful that I’ve still got both of them to look after - particularly after how close, without realising quite how close, I came to potentially having to deal with KJ going to look after CT... it makes you appreciate and make the most of your loved ones!

Yes, it’s often in mind how life would’ve been different, and how Yasmin would’ve been with a little brother as well as her 3 older ones, but something we’ll never know. It’s not surprising your mum didn’t get over the loss. KJ also found yesterday a struggle and hit her very hard. She actually posted on Facebook about him with a picture for the first time too. I think for her, as me posting on here, was a help to cope - and feel she may be ready to get counselling to help her further deal with the loss.

I’ve been choked with reading the responses on here above. Including WednesdayJon - who isn’t even a town fan - but his comments meant a lot too, as it goes to show how wide our TWTD community actually is!

Hops, my mum is now 82 mate.

Every single year my sister and I leave her alone to mourn the loss of her twins on their birthday.

She still wants to be left be on that one day of the year and I fully understand and respect that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024