Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Put simply the UK is now in negative equity 11:46 - Jun 19 with 1709 viewsKeno

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53104734

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 11:49 - Jun 19 with 1694 viewsDanTheMan

I must say, I'm looking forward to Austerity V2. I'm sure it will be just as fun as the last round.

My entire adult life has basically just be perpetual financial crisis.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 11:50 - Jun 19 with 1689 viewsStokieBlue

It's a bit more complicated than that given currently they have been able to borrow at negative rates.

I also thought that UK GDP was 2.2trn so not sure where those GDP numbers come from but in the end that doesn't really matter. The debt is high and was always going to increase given the situation we are currently in.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 11:56 - Jun 19 with 1661 viewsKeno

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 11:50 - Jun 19 by StokieBlue

It's a bit more complicated than that given currently they have been able to borrow at negative rates.

I also thought that UK GDP was 2.2trn so not sure where those GDP numbers come from but in the end that doesn't really matter. The debt is high and was always going to increase given the situation we are currently in.

SB

Yes I know its a lot more complicated, hence the "Put simply"

I dont think they had any option to raise the funds they have in recent months but it poses some interesting questions for the future.

I'm not sure austerity has really worked and possibly the only way forward is some kind of 'Roosevelt like New Deal' to try to get the economy moving again and increase tax revenues

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 11:59 - Jun 19 with 1653 viewsDarth_Koont

Bloody Tories. Always spaffing money up the wall.

Pronouns: He/Him

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 12:09 - Jun 19 with 1607 viewsLibero

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 11:49 - Jun 19 by DanTheMan

I must say, I'm looking forward to Austerity V2. I'm sure it will be just as fun as the last round.

My entire adult life has basically just be perpetual financial crisis.

Yep, I've really enjoyed the financial collapses that have been so wonderfully timed to coincide perfectly with when I first entered the job market and when I started a family.

Special shout out to all the baby boomers who love to tell us we've had it easy.
Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 12:10 - Jun 19 with 1603 viewsKeno

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 12:09 - Jun 19 by Libero

Yep, I've really enjoyed the financial collapses that have been so wonderfully timed to coincide perfectly with when I first entered the job market and when I started a family.

Special shout out to all the baby boomers who love to tell us we've had it easy.

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 12:14 - Jun 19 with 1581 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Is that based on a snapshot of May?

Or is it based on annual figures?

If it's based on the GDP of an economy y in lockdown then it's not surprising.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 12:33 - Jun 19 with 1546 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bum. Not a good time to sell us then, to upgrade to a better country? I was hoping we could upgrade to New Zealand.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 12:43 - Jun 19 with 1526 viewsKeno

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 12:33 - Jun 19 by Swansea_Blue

Bum. Not a good time to sell us then, to upgrade to a better country? I was hoping we could upgrade to New Zealand.

maybe we could clear some of the debt by selling New Zealand the crap bits of the UK?

How much would you get for Wales, Scotland and Norfolk?

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 12:48 - Jun 19 with 1520 viewsSwansea_Blue

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 12:43 - Jun 19 by Keno

maybe we could clear some of the debt by selling New Zealand the crap bits of the UK?

Pah! Not sure they're the crap bits. The homework has already been done on this - Berkshire and Lincolnshire and the bottom half of Essex are the first to go.

What is the worst... British county? by footers 18 Jun 2020 16:45
And why is it Berkshire?

[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 12:51]

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 14:42 - Jun 19 with 1426 viewsBloomBlue

I think you'll find financial crashes come round every 10 years or so, I'm sure there are a few on here who remember mortgage rates at 15%/16% in the 80's

You've had it so easy
Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 15:01 - Jun 19 with 1410 viewsLibero

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 14:42 - Jun 19 by BloomBlue

I think you'll find financial crashes come round every 10 years or so, I'm sure there are a few on here who remember mortgage rates at 15%/16% in the 80's

You've had it so easy

Every time I have to suffer my Father in laws story of how he essentially lied to the bank in the 80's to get his mortgage, claiming he earned significantly more than he did and never being asked too much to prove it I think about the amount of people who must have done that and absolutely tanked financially.

Thanks a lot past-o's, you know, the people from the past.
Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 17:19 - Jun 19 with 1337 viewsSwansea_Blue

You've had it so easy

Aye, the diffeence being that the average house back then cost the same as a Cadbury's Creme Egg.

My folks always used to wistfully remember that they couldn't afford an extra £1,000 to get one of those nice big 1930s detatched places on Rushmere Road. By the time they sold up their place for about £230k those properties on Rushmere Road were going for more than double that. All that extra equity for a £1,000 quid investment.

You couldn't borrow anywhere near the same multipliers on salary back then either.

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 19:15 - Jun 19 with 1294 viewsrgp1

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 12:43 - Jun 19 by Keno

I can imagine New Zealanders on a diet of sheep, haggis and bernie Matthew's Turkey twislers
Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 19:24 - Jun 19 with 1278 viewsRadlett_blue

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 11:50 - Jun 19 by StokieBlue

SB

(1) UK public debt as % of GDP has averaged 95% since 1700 and been as high as 250%. (2) Recovery in economy will bring the ratio down. (3) interest rates on debt are very low.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 20:24 - Jun 19 with 1247 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

To think I could have had it easy....inflate the debt away incoming in 5....4......

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 09:35 - Jun 20 with 1148 viewsEireannach_gorm

Brexit will fix that.
Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 11:50 - Jun 20 with 1085 viewsBluefish

You've had it so easy

Could get very tricky for c****s. He already has the battle of the generation that he pretends to be being at odds with the generation that he actually is over how lucky they are for buying houses. Now he is going to struggle with the generation that he is and the one he pretends to be being privileged compared to modern generations.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 12:13 - Jun 20 with 1065 viewsmonytowbray

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 11:50 - Jun 20 by Bluefish

Could get very tricky for c****s. He already has the battle of the generation that he pretends to be being at odds with the generation that he actually is over how lucky they are for buying houses. Now he is going to struggle with the generation that he is and the one he pretends to be being privileged compared to modern generations.

Good to see me proving you wrong 2 years ago still utterly bothers you to this level.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 12:52 - Jun 20 with 1035 viewsLibero

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 11:50 - Jun 20 by Bluefish

I never got how upset he got about the house stuff. It took 7/8 years to save for a suitable deposit while also renting but we did it and we’ve never been big earners. I know groups of mates who have committed and gone in and done the same thing together as they don’t have partners they’re going steady with.

Yeah, it’s clearly harder than it was for those that came before us but nothing worth having comes easy.

Edit: we also paid £5000 for a wedding during that too, so realistically could have sorted a house faster if we hadn’t decided to tie the knot.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 13:26]
Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 15:32 - Jun 20 with 963 viewsnodge_blue

Not sure equity as ownership of an asset is measured in terms of GDP. It would be more appropriate to look at the worth of a country and its total assets

But the amount of borrowing is a concern. However, without it many people would be in a bad economical position.

I feel sorry for the young generation having to pay this off. Actually Matthew Paris in the Times today has an interesting article that says the older generation should be and many of their perks needs to be removed.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 15:37]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 17:23 - Jun 20 with 921 viewsrgp1

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 15:32 - Jun 20 by nodge_blue

Not sure equity as ownership of an asset is measured in terms of GDP. It would be more appropriate to look at the worth of a country and its total assets

But the amount of borrowing is a concern. However, without it many people would be in a bad economical position.

I feel sorry for the young generation having to pay this off. Actually Matthew Paris in the Times today has an interesting article that says the older generation should be and many of their perks needs to be removed.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 15:37]

I find it incredible that the government (rightly or wrongly) depending on your point of view, has crashed the economy and while lots of us moan, nobody it appears is kicking up a stink.

If this virus was as deadly as they say then why were people even allowed to leave their front door, let alone go shopping? If it was a Rabies or Ebola outbreak things would be far worse!

It now seems that as every week goes by, the government seems to be getting more exposed to the what they have said not being clear or backed up by evidence.

I only hope the public enquiry is not a whitewash but then again!

But yes I do agree I hope the younger generation don't foot the bill when there is plenty of over 60s out there well off.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 17:27]
Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 19:54 - Jun 20 with 847 viewsjaykay

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 12:13 - Jun 20 by monytowbray

Good to see me proving you wrong 2 years ago still utterly bothers you to this level.

good to see you back callis

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 20:39 - Jun 20 with 826 viewsSwansea_Blue

Put simply the UK is now in negative equity on 09:35 - Jun 20 by Eireannach_gorm

Brexit will fix that.

rOoL bRitanYa!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024