Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. 19:37 - Jul 24 with 4024 viewsthebooks

Lacks class, always thought he did. Needs to learn how to conduct himself properly. Perhaps an apprenticeship with us in the lower leagues might have helped, but wouldn’t have wanted him here, to be honest.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/24/frank-has-to-learn-klopp-hits-o
Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 19:42 - Jul 24 with 3990 viewsGarv

Maybe 'arrogance' is the wrong word to have used but anyone speaking out about hoards of coaching staff jumping up and demanding a free kick for a borderline foul, is entitled to in my book.

And if he's sticking to his guns he probably feels strongly about what went on, so fairly play to him. No point getting annoyed by something, for good reason, and then just passing off afterwards as 'emotion'.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 19:43 - Jul 24 with 3976 viewsJ2BLUE

This probably happens at the vast majority of games but without a crowd we can now hear it. Complete non story.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 19:43 - Jul 24 with 3972 viewsShawsey

Good player, turning out to be a half decent manager. Passionate that is all. Heat of the moment. Don't mind that. Wish we had some of that here.
Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 19:46 - Jul 24 with 3951 viewsShawsey

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 19:42 - Jul 24 by Garv

Maybe 'arrogance' is the wrong word to have used but anyone speaking out about hoards of coaching staff jumping up and demanding a free kick for a borderline foul, is entitled to in my book.

And if he's sticking to his guns he probably feels strongly about what went on, so fairly play to him. No point getting annoyed by something, for good reason, and then just passing off afterwards as 'emotion'.

I thought players and coaching staff who waved an imaginary card, were meant to get booked for doing so. Maybe I got that wrong as I still see it quite a lot in games.
Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 19:58 - Jul 24 with 3902 viewsGarv

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 19:46 - Jul 24 by Shawsey

I thought players and coaching staff who waved an imaginary card, were meant to get booked for doing so. Maybe I got that wrong as I still see it quite a lot in games.

No idea. I've always found the outrage at foreigners doing that quite funny. Maybe I'm wrong but I imagine they do it because they don't necessarily know the English for 'ref that deserves a red card!' so instead they mime it. People don't have the same contempt for others (English speaking) doing the same but without miming it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 20:03 - Jul 24 with 3867 viewsBlueBadger

And speaking of chelsea lacking class.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jul/24/chelsea-fan-jailed-for-attack-on

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 21:32 - Jul 24 with 3682 viewsSwansea_Blue

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 19:43 - Jul 24 by J2BLUE

This probably happens at the vast majority of games but without a crowd we can now hear it. Complete non story.

I happened to catch a bit of the video of this but without sound, so not really sure what it’s all about. Bit from what I saw, totally agree. Storm in a tea cup. Just two coaches standing up for their sides and fluffing up their feathers.

I think the press are desperate for something to report.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 21:38]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 21:43 - Jul 24 with 3632 viewsSwansea_Blue

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 20:03 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

And speaking of chelsea lacking class.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jul/24/chelsea-fan-jailed-for-attack-on

What is it about some football fans and the far right? All this FLA bollox. The counter protests to BLM were strongly FLA, strutting around in their casual, too young for them clothes, with their beer bellies out and flaunting their tributes to the Nazis. You don’t get this sort of sh*t in other sports.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 22:12 - Jul 24 with 3593 viewsBlueBadger

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 21:43 - Jul 24 by Swansea_Blue

What is it about some football fans and the far right? All this FLA bollox. The counter protests to BLM were strongly FLA, strutting around in their casual, too young for them clothes, with their beer bellies out and flaunting their tributes to the Nazis. You don’t get this sort of sh*t in other sports.

What is it about the Ubermansch that makes them look so....unevolved?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 22:15 - Jul 24 with 3588 viewsSpruceMoose

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 22:12 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

What is it about the Ubermansch that makes them look so....unevolved?

Is it their gammony faces, button cöcks, man tïts and terrible dress sense?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 22:22 - Jul 24 with 3558 viewsBlueBadger

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 22:15 - Jul 24 by SpruceMoose

Is it their gammony faces, button cöcks, man tïts and terrible dress sense?

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 22:24 - Jul 24 with 3553 viewsSpruceMoose

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 22:22 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

Does he drive a Taxi too?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 22:27 - Jul 24 with 3551 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Them antics happen week in week out in football dugouts. Lack of crowd just meant it got picked up clearly this time.

He obviously wasn’t at all happy as he was clearly rattled after, I wouldn’t be happy, was never a foul and then you’ve got some jumped up assistant manager piping up form the dugout, good on him for sticking it on him.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 07:48 - Jul 25 with 3286 viewspointofblue

Maybe Klopp needs to learn to reign in his assistant? Think Lampard had a point and credit to him for not backing down to the more experienced man over it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 09:03 - Jul 25 with 3202 viewshaynes_toe1

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 19:43 - Jul 24 by Shawsey

Good player, turning out to be a half decent manager. Passionate that is all. Heat of the moment. Don't mind that. Wish we had some of that here.

We do. Remember Lambert getting sent off against Norwich?
Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 10:35 - Jul 25 with 3122 viewsChrisd

I quite like the fact he’s standing up for himself and not being intimidated by a more experienced manager. Klopp knows how to work the system with his antics on the touchline, I’m sure he frustrates a lot of his opponents during matches. FL has since apologised and he’ll learn from it, but he certainly seems to be showing that he could be a very decent manager if given time.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 10:37]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 10:48 - Jul 25 with 3097 viewsDarth_Koont

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 22:27 - Jul 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

Them antics happen week in week out in football dugouts. Lack of crowd just meant it got picked up clearly this time.

He obviously wasn’t at all happy as he was clearly rattled after, I wouldn’t be happy, was never a foul and then you’ve got some jumped up assistant manager piping up form the dugout, good on him for sticking it on him.

Hmmm. If it was the Kolasic tackle where he came in off the ground from behind, can't that be judged a dangerous tackle nowadays even if he gets the ball before the player?

I've seen them given and not given. And sometimes cards handed out too. So I'm sure the entire scenario could have been reversed had it been a Chelsea player tackled outside the box.

Klopp is essentially right and that disagreement is part of the game. Seems odd to keep it going afterwards.

Pronouns: He/Him

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 11:43 - Jul 25 with 3030 viewsBloomBlue

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 10:48 - Jul 25 by Darth_Koont

Hmmm. If it was the Kolasic tackle where he came in off the ground from behind, can't that be judged a dangerous tackle nowadays even if he gets the ball before the player?

I've seen them given and not given. And sometimes cards handed out too. So I'm sure the entire scenario could have been reversed had it been a Chelsea player tackled outside the box.

Klopp is essentially right and that disagreement is part of the game. Seems odd to keep it going afterwards.

You're right re the tackle D_K if the player tackles from what is effectively behind even if they get the ball first, player second it can be a free kick as it can still prevent the player getting the (lose) ball.
Trouble was Mane clearly thought about it and realised he wouldn't get the ball and did a sack of potatoes fall, which upset Franky
Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 12:06 - Jul 25 with 2988 viewsDarth_Koont

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 11:43 - Jul 25 by BloomBlue

You're right re the tackle D_K if the player tackles from what is effectively behind even if they get the ball first, player second it can be a free kick as it can still prevent the player getting the (lose) ball.
Trouble was Mane clearly thought about it and realised he wouldn't get the ball and did a sack of potatoes fall, which upset Franky

The simulation in football is also a problem but it's after the fact in this situation.

I don't understand why football has let this get so far and normalised. In rugby the initial infringement is the call. The ref then makes it and with a word to the player fouled if they exaggerated it (simulation happens in rugby but relatively rarely as the infringement itself is always the defining issue).

The ref and touch judges wouldn't accept any back chat or appeals from the players or staff (it is creeping into the game but the ref warns players and then simply points out that any discussion must come through the team captain, which generally calms it down when a game starts to get out of hand).

Essentially in rugby the ref keeps the respect by imposing his/her authority with the full backing of the authorities. In football that's become much more of a grey area especially how it's constantly questioned by players, managers, fans and pundits. And you get situations like the one in question because the decision is somehow seen as a debate.

Not saying controversial decisions and disagreements don't happen in rugby but they're relatively few and far between rather than a handful every game. The standard sight of a footballer screaming at the official running the line over a throw in just seems utterly ridiculous.

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 12:24 - Jul 25 with 2940 viewsBloomBlue

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 12:06 - Jul 25 by Darth_Koont

The simulation in football is also a problem but it's after the fact in this situation.

I don't understand why football has let this get so far and normalised. In rugby the initial infringement is the call. The ref then makes it and with a word to the player fouled if they exaggerated it (simulation happens in rugby but relatively rarely as the infringement itself is always the defining issue).

The ref and touch judges wouldn't accept any back chat or appeals from the players or staff (it is creeping into the game but the ref warns players and then simply points out that any discussion must come through the team captain, which generally calms it down when a game starts to get out of hand).

Essentially in rugby the ref keeps the respect by imposing his/her authority with the full backing of the authorities. In football that's become much more of a grey area especially how it's constantly questioned by players, managers, fans and pundits. And you get situations like the one in question because the decision is somehow seen as a debate.

Not saying controversial decisions and disagreements don't happen in rugby but they're relatively few and far between rather than a handful every game. The standard sight of a footballer screaming at the official running the line over a throw in just seems utterly ridiculous.

I don't watch a lot of Prem games but I thought VAR was supposedly going to stop it as a clear and obvious mistake, but I dont recall any (maybe 1 case) of VAR telling the ref he missed a dive.
Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 12:32 - Jul 25 with 2925 viewsDarth_Koont

Frank Lampard. A wrong‘un. on 12:24 - Jul 25 by BloomBlue

I don't watch a lot of Prem games but I thought VAR was supposedly going to stop it as a clear and obvious mistake, but I dont recall any (maybe 1 case) of VAR telling the ref he missed a dive.

I think VAR is a little shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted and there's just too many things to potentially look at nowadays.

Thinking about it, a lot of this may be by design. There's always been a pantomime hero/villain, justice/injustice aspect to football that probably gets fans more engaged in the game, their team and the personal and team rivalries.

Even VAR and how they use it seems to be about building up tension and making the decisions even bigger. It doesn't seem to have cleaned up the game and made it more honest either.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024