Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes should play tomorrow ?? 14:02 - Sep 4 with 2245 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Am I the only one who doesn’t really get it. I assume the transfer stuff has put his head somewhere else. But he plays for Ipswich, so he should play tomorrow ??

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 14:16 - Sep 4 with 2206 viewsWallingford_Boy

I agree its best to cross that white line and forget all off the field troubles, as Chopra used to do for us (somehow).

Never thought I'd see the day a player refuses to play for us.

Sad times indeed.

RIP Sir Bobby

Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 14:17 - Sep 4 with 2200 viewsMonkeyAlan

He should grow a pair and play definitely.
Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 14:18 - Sep 4 with 2200 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 14:16 - Sep 4 by Wallingford_Boy

I agree its best to cross that white line and forget all off the field troubles, as Chopra used to do for us (somehow).

Sad times indeed.

Precisely. He played last week after a bid from Palace. He wants to leave, that’s fine, if he wants to go to the prem good luck to him. But he should play for Ipswich whilst he is here.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 14:50 - Sep 4 with 2150 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Downes told Lambert he is not in the right frame of mind to play.

Classic I want out chestnut.

Think he might have got a touch big time charlie

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 16:33 - Sep 4 with 2100 viewslazyblue

Of course he should play, until his wages are paid by a different employer you play .
Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 17:06 - Sep 4 with 2081 viewsSuperblue95

Next two games are glorified pre season friendlies. Why does anybody care if he plays in them?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 19:39 - Sep 4 with 2014 viewspatrickswell

Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 17:06 - Sep 4 by Superblue95

Next two games are glorified pre season friendlies. Why does anybody care if he plays in them?

For the same reason that people got upset about the photo: optics.

Really disappointing from Downes - choosing not to play football after so long without playing football. One more year here will do him no harm and now he’s given Lambert the perfect excuse to drop him and prevent getting any exposure for himself. In fact, maybe Lambert will drop him until after the window closes. That would be a great piece of tough love and a justified one.
Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 20:14 - Sep 4 with 1982 viewsBryanPlug

Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 14:16 - Sep 4 by Wallingford_Boy

Sad times indeed.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 20:17 - Sep 4 with 1978 viewsbluefunk

His agent has told him to be difficult so he can force a move ...

Probably
Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 20:52 - Sep 4 with 1942 viewsPilgrimblue

Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 20:17 - Sep 4 by bluefunk

His agent has told him to be difficult so he can force a move ...

Probably

That would be sad if he did!

My issue with FD is that he's only had one season in L1 so to think he can make it in the Prem is a long way off. If he signed then undoubtedly he'd be loaned out to Championship side which would be a step up on last season. Also I an see a few testing out his temper! If he didn't shine then could see his career go south.

Trouble with agents is that they are only interested in the money side .He'd be better off staying another season and proving he's got what it takes. What's the hurry!
Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 22:37 - Sep 4 with 1882 viewsMattinLondon

Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 20:14 - Sep 4 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

That was due to fatigue rather than not wanting to play in case he gets injured.
Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 22:46 - Sep 4 with 1872 viewspointofblue

Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 14:50 - Sep 4 by BlueandTruesince82

Downes told Lambert he is not in the right frame of mind to play.

Classic I want out chestnut.

Think he might have got a touch big time charlie

Maybe we should withhold his salary until he's ready to play? At the moment we're spending money on a player who isn't appearing simply because he doesn't want to rather than due to injury or suspension.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 22:54 - Sep 4 with 1864 viewsCrayonKing

Standard practice whenever a transfer is being negotiated really. Player doesn't want to risk getting injured so finds an excuse not to play (though its usually a back injury!). If negotiations are far enough along then this suits the club too as they don't want an injury to affect the fee, or scupper the move entirely if they need/want the cash.

Its pretty clear he's off. All this posturing from the club about not needing/wanting to sell is just about getting a better fee.

Can't really blame him! It could be his one chance of a big move (you never know what injuries etc are round the corner), and another season in league 1 is probably below what he needs now in terms of development. Plus ITFC is hardly a great place to be right now!
Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 22:56 - Sep 4 with 1859 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

You're either inside p!ssing out or you're outside p!ssing in.

Flynn has chosen to be outside and that's where he should stay.
Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 03:27 - Sep 5 with 1782 viewsharlingblue

If you are contracted to a football club, selected to play, it is your duty to play. In the normal walk of life, many people have to go to work under pressure to perform despite the pressure of homelife, to say 'I can't work because my head is not in the right order' would not be accepted by Manager or employer. Get on the pitch, and show how good you are, for us fans (have you forgotten about us?).
Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 09:54 - Sep 5 with 1673 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 03:27 - Sep 5 by harlingblue

If you are contracted to a football club, selected to play, it is your duty to play. In the normal walk of life, many people have to go to work under pressure to perform despite the pressure of homelife, to say 'I can't work because my head is not in the right order' would not be accepted by Manager or employer. Get on the pitch, and show how good you are, for us fans (have you forgotten about us?).

Why play somebody who wants to leave? Surely better to give game time to somebody who is going to be vital for us next season. Only those who are in for the promotion push should be considered. I don't want to see anybody who isn't committed to ITFC in an ITFC shirt.
Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 11:51 - Sep 5 with 1644 viewsblueconscience

Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 17:06 - Sep 4 by Superblue95

People care because they want to see the team trying to start building some momentum?

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 12:43 - Sep 5 with 1604 viewsSE1blue

Downes should play tomorrow ?? on 20:52 - Sep 4 by Pilgrimblue

That would be sad if he did!

My issue with FD is that he's only had one season in L1 so to think he can make it in the Prem is a long way off. If he signed then undoubtedly he'd be loaned out to Championship side which would be a step up on last season. Also I an see a few testing out his temper! If he didn't shine then could see his career go south.

Trouble with agents is that they are only interested in the money side .He'd be better off staying another season and proving he's got what it takes. What's the hurry!

I agree with everything you've said and I'd add that I often think it's too easy to just blame the agent.

FD is a fully grown man with hair on his balls. He can be given advice, but ultimately, he will make his own choices. It's not surprising that his head has been turned but I don't think the club has done anything to make his life difficult.

It's looking like unpleasant end for a player so many of us got totally behind. He should play, but this is the modern day footballer.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024