Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data 23:40 - Oct 17 with 1365 viewshomer_123

On a case by case basis...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54586897

I don't quite know where to start...

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 23:43 - Oct 17 with 1348 viewsSwansea_Blue

How much were Dominic Cummings and Margaret Ferrier fined again? I seem to have forgotten for some reason.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 00:35 - Oct 18 with 1299 viewsfactual_blue

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 23:43 - Oct 17 by Swansea_Blue

How much were Dominic Cummings and Margaret Ferrier fined again? I seem to have forgotten for some reason.

You've forgotten because your diet of Heinz tomato soup has dulled your brain.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 06:50 - Oct 18 with 1220 viewsGeoffSentence

As ever, Hmg and her security forces want to use whatever data they can to keep the public under control. This brings to mind RIPA which was supposed to keep us safe from terrorists but ended being used by busy bodies to catch people who didn't pick up their dog pooh.This will only put people off co-operating with track and trace.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 08:57 - Oct 18 with 1124 viewsPinewoodblue

The intention is that if they try to make contact with someone who is isolating and fail it can be reported to the Police as an offence may have been committed.

At face value there is nothing wrong with that,

The only people likely to avoid being tested are those who wouldn’t comply with isolation rules.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 09:16 - Oct 18 with 1081 viewsgtsb1966

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 08:57 - Oct 18 by Pinewoodblue

The intention is that if they try to make contact with someone who is isolating and fail it can be reported to the Police as an offence may have been committed.

The only people likely to avoid being tested are those who wouldn’t comply with isolation rules.

What about the people who can't afford to isolate. There must be thousands out there in that position.
Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 09:21 - Oct 18 with 1065 viewsPinewoodblue

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 09:16 - Oct 18 by gtsb1966

What about the people who can't afford to isolate. There must be thousands out there in that position.

That is just one reason why someone might avoid being tested, another would be being a dickhead.

Financial support is available.

2023 year of destiny

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 09:41 - Oct 18 with 1042 viewsBasuco

From another point of view, how would you feel if a tradesman or workman entered your home for some reason when they should have been isolating? If you are worried about being covertly tracked then do not add a google email account to your smart phone, they hold massive amounts of data on your movements. My boss requested his data from google and on a given day when he had a meeting in Manchester, google showed him every shop, and building he entered and for how long he was in each place. I seem to remember him saying it was 10GB per week of data.
Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 10:01 - Oct 18 with 1008 viewsStokieBlue

I'm not sure I see the problem here.

It's now law to self-isolate if you've been told to - it's no longer a "request". Given that the police should have access to data they require to enforce the law. It's case-by-case so I assume it's going to be used if they have suspicions or there has been a public report of non-compliance.

The police have access to your data for other crimes (bank data for fraud, mobile phone records for location etc), I don't see how this is any different.

It could of course stop people getting tested but if they are worried about this then I don't see how they would have been complying with the isolation anyway - if you were planning to do that then this changes nothing.

People want the virus to be under control but don't seem to want to do much to facilitate that.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 10:09 - Oct 18 with 1000 viewsNewcyBlue

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 08:57 - Oct 18 by Pinewoodblue

When I got home a couple of weeks ago a border guard incorrectly told me that because I am on land, I am no longer a seafarer and would be required to isolate.

If I was selected to be checked, they would most likely have found that I was not at home.

I've got an exemption letter, and I filled in the passenger locator form stating that I was exempt due to being a seafarer.

This border guard wasn't interested. In his eyes, because I'm not on a ship, I'm not a seafarer.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 10:14 - Oct 18 with 997 viewsStokieBlue

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 10:09 - Oct 18 by NewcyBlue

When I got home a couple of weeks ago a border guard incorrectly told me that because I am on land, I am no longer a seafarer and would be required to isolate.

If I was selected to be checked, they would most likely have found that I was not at home.

I've got an exemption letter, and I filled in the passenger locator form stating that I was exempt due to being a seafarer.

This border guard wasn't interested. In his eyes, because I'm not on a ship, I'm not a seafarer.

Easy solution.

Get rid of your Ford and get one of these, looks roomy enough for all the family.

SB

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 10:16 - Oct 18 with 992 viewsNewcyBlue

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 10:14 - Oct 18 by StokieBlue

Easy solution.

Get rid of your Ford and get one of these, looks roomy enough for all the family.

SB

Do they come in ULEZ compliant?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 10:23 - Oct 18 with 978 viewsgordon

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 10:01 - Oct 18 by StokieBlue

I'm not sure I see the problem here.

It's now law to self-isolate if you've been told to - it's no longer a "request". Given that the police should have access to data they require to enforce the law. It's case-by-case so I assume it's going to be used if they have suspicions or there has been a public report of non-compliance.

The police have access to your data for other crimes (bank data for fraud, mobile phone records for location etc), I don't see how this is any different.

It could of course stop people getting tested but if they are worried about this then I don't see how they would have been complying with the isolation anyway - if you were planning to do that then this changes nothing.

People want the virus to be under control but don't seem to want to do much to facilitate that.

SB

The question is what the consequences will be in terms of whether it makes people more or less likely to participate in the test, track and trace system. If the answer is less likely, then it's a bad idea. If it means the police get to issue a few more fines, that won't really compensate for e.g. having to go into another lockdown because TTT is failing.

Happy to be corrected but I would expect behavioural scientists to be dismayed by this.
Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 10:29 - Oct 18 with 961 viewsMullet

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 10:23 - Oct 18 by gordon

The question is what the consequences will be in terms of whether it makes people more or less likely to participate in the test, track and trace system. If the answer is less likely, then it's a bad idea. If it means the police get to issue a few more fines, that won't really compensate for e.g. having to go into another lockdown because TTT is failing.

Happy to be corrected but I would expect behavioural scientists to be dismayed by this.

We've got staff not admitting to contact or making mistakes because they are scared of professional consequences or being made to isolate.

Despite no threat of either unless necessary.

The PHE guidelines are not robust enough either. Outside of the school bubble I've got mates who are taking risks and cutting corners constantly just to scrape work together. What they're doing in Liverpool is very worrying. They are going after people, when they should be gaurenteeing there will be money to help in the case of small businesses.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 10:32 - Oct 18 with 956 viewsTractorWood

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 10:23 - Oct 18 by gordon

Exactly. A load of people will see that in the papers and delete the app.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 10:37 - Oct 18 with 952 viewsStokieBlue

Isn't this covered by this paragraph I wrote:

"It could of course stop people getting tested but if they are worried about this then I don't see how they would have been complying with the isolation anyway - if you were planning to do that then this changes nothing."

I just don't see how someone with that mindset is going to comply anyway if they get a positive test so I don't see how it makes any difference to that cohort?

I do understand the point but just don't see how people think someone will comply with the isolation order without this measure but won't be tested because they might have to comply with this measure.

SB
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 10:37]

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 11:00 - Oct 18 with 922 viewsPinewoodblue

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 10:32 - Oct 18 by TractorWood

Exactly. A load of people will see that in the papers and delete the app.

The app which is useless anyway. Nearly all track and trace contacts are as a result of the person testing positive giving details of people they have been in contact with.

2023 year of destiny

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 11:14 - Oct 18 with 899 viewsAce_High1

Now then. The police can have access to Track and Trace data on 11:00 - Oct 18 by Pinewoodblue

The app which is useless anyway. Nearly all track and trace contacts are as a result of the person testing positive giving details of people they have been in contact with.

Our app is woeful, the principle of an app can work if it is designed correctly by people who know what they are doing.

Or forget the app and go full South Korea and do it all via tracking mobile phone locations.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 11:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024