Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. 09:34 - Oct 25 with 3055 viewspatrickswell

The penalty decision doesn’t get any less appalling. No wonder Lambert told him he was a c**t after the match because he screwed us over with that call.
Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 09:38 - Oct 25 with 2794 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Lambert should have this squad top of the table unbeaten. Blaming the ref for a point away to Lincoln is a bit sad for a man who said we were "excellent".
Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 09:41 - Oct 25 with 2782 viewsstrikalite

I was finished with football yesterday after that, I too would have absolutely had my say to the ref at the end without a doubt, I don't blame Lambert one bit for that, he was wrong about the Nolan sending off view though, was it last year at Lincoln where he stayed in the dressing room an hour after the game? Probably should have done that yesterday too because he was still pretty wound up..
Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 09:45 - Oct 25 with 2750 viewspeterleeblue

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 09:38 - Oct 25 by IpswichBoyBlue

Lambert should have this squad top of the table unbeaten. Blaming the ref for a point away to Lincoln is a bit sad for a man who said we were "excellent".

Are you able to explain why this squad should be top of the table unbeaten?
What are our key strengths that sets this team head and shoulders above the rest of league 1?
Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 09:49 - Oct 25 with 2731 viewspatrickswell

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 09:41 - Oct 25 by strikalite

I was finished with football yesterday after that, I too would have absolutely had my say to the ref at the end without a doubt, I don't blame Lambert one bit for that, he was wrong about the Nolan sending off view though, was it last year at Lincoln where he stayed in the dressing room an hour after the game? Probably should have done that yesterday too because he was still pretty wound up..

As others have said, I think there may be a few other reasons why Lambert was so wound up at the end of that game.

I have sympathy with Nsiala. He gets pulled up for game changing decisions everytime he uses his upper body strength when tangling with opposition players, it must be making him a nervous wreck.
Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 09:50 - Oct 25 with 2716 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 09:45 - Oct 25 by peterleeblue

What are our key strengths that sets this team head and shoulders above the rest of league 1?

The manager apparently. He is the highest paid (rumoured) in the league, with arguably the best CV. If this squad is top 3 or 4 in the league, with the right manager, we would be top. Managers are meant to make a difference you know. He just seems to blame everybody and everything other than himself.
Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 10:58 - Oct 25 with 2525 viewsstrikalite

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 09:49 - Oct 25 by patrickswell

As others have said, I think there may be a few other reasons why Lambert was so wound up at the end of that game.

I have sympathy with Nsiala. He gets pulled up for game changing decisions everytime he uses his upper body strength when tangling with opposition players, it must be making him a nervous wreck.

I've said it before, I'd like to see that penalty area brought in 5 yards or so now, too many game changing decisions been given for players diving just inside the box on the flanks, they have nothing to lose in doing it....

non contact sport now, only in the real lower non league does it still exist..
Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 11:01 - Oct 25 with 2514 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

We deserved nothing from that game anyway, let it drift far too much, can have no complaints.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 11:05 - Oct 25 with 2501 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 09:38 - Oct 25 by IpswichBoyBlue

This is just nonsense.

The fact that people are of the opinion that our squad is that much better than all others in the division is so naive. It's as though some people have never played football.
Login to get fewer ads

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 11:09 - Oct 25 with 2480 viewsSuffolktractor

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 11:01 - Oct 25 by TheTrueBlue1878

We deserved nothing from that game anyway, let it drift far too much, can have no complaints.

I disagree. Both teams played decent football, but neither looked likely to score, until the penalty was ‘won’.
A draw would have been fair.
Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 11:54 - Oct 25 with 2400 viewsRegencyBlue

I really don’t get why some people think this squad is so much better than it actually is. It’s bloated with far too many players who are just not good enough after years of our best being sold and replaced with cheaper, poorer quality ones, or sick notes.

Players like Dozzell are lauded here but let’s be honest, if he was as good as he is supposed to be he wouldn’t still be at Ipswich . I’m no apologist for Lambert, some of his decisions here have been bizarre to say the least, but don’t kid yourself about our squad strength. It isn’t all that!
Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 12:03 - Oct 25 with 2364 viewsIpswichKnight

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 09:45 - Oct 25 by peterleeblue

Totally agree, most of this squad is bang average league one, there was hardly a queue of clubs from the champions forming to take Anyone off our hands. Last season is just repeating itself again. We’ll win on Tuesday and against Crewe then get turned over at Sunderland. This will just paper over the cracks that any half decent team will know how play against us. Be physical against our midfield as they don’t want to know against anyone who can tackle and be patient and wait for the 2/3 mistakes that come every game from our back line.
Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 14:32 - Oct 25 with 2247 viewsBlueBadger

What Lambert should have done is have us in a position where we weren't lamenting getting beaten by Gillingham.

Again.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 14:51 - Oct 25 with 2224 viewsBlueBadger

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 11:05 - Oct 25 by King_ding_a_lin_g

This is just nonsense.

The fact that people are of the opinion that our squad is that much better than all others in the division is so naive. It's as though some people have never played football.

It's a squad that's more than capable of going on long unbeaten runs in the division despite never playing particularly well. Imagine what it could do with somebody competent in charge who actually knew something about coaching, motivation and tactics.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 16:07 - Oct 25 with 2090 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 11:05 - Oct 25 by King_ding_a_lin_g

This is just nonsense.

Played plenty thanks, that is why I am of this opinion. We can beat anybody in this league on any day, yet the manager seems incapable of motivating these guys to do it. I haven't said "our squad is much better than all others in the division", but that it is top 3 or 4 in the league. He has managed and played at a much higher level, yet now seems like being out of his depth. We go on long unbeaten runs, then the wheels come off. The manager is to blame for this, not Evans, not the players, but the manager.
Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 17:24 - Oct 25 with 1966 viewsBlueBadger

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 11:54 - Oct 25 by RegencyBlue

I really don’t get why some people think this squad is so much better than it actually is. It’s bloated with far too many players who are just not good enough after years of our best being sold and replaced with cheaper, poorer quality ones, or sick notes.

Players like Dozzell are lauded here but let’s be honest, if he was as good as he is supposed to be he wouldn’t still be at Ipswich . I’m no apologist for Lambert, some of his decisions here have been bizarre to say the least, but don’t kid yourself about our squad strength. It isn’t all that!

It's mostly top-end League One plus a few lower-end Championship standard players. They could and should be doing a lot better than they have done.
That's ultimately on the manager.

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 17:57 - Oct 25 with 1891 viewsDarth_Koont

This is just nonsense.

I think our squad must be one of the best if not the very best in part because it appears to be ridiculously deep.

Not sure that translates into the strongest team, partly because of the need to juggle players and manage the squad. But it was noticeable that Lincoln appeared to match us in every department and arguably with players like Bridcutt and Anderson they were actually better in several areas too.

Lambert needs to find a team that shows off our talent. I don’t think yesterday’s selection was that far off overall but we were back to last season’s problems with finding a cutting edge to our possession.

Pronouns: He/Him

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 18:33 - Oct 25 with 1812 viewsStNeotsBlue

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 14:32 - Oct 25 by BlueBadger

What Lambert should have done is have us in a position where we weren't lamenting getting beaten by Gillingham.

Again.

We didn't lose to Gillingham.
Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 18:40 - Oct 25 with 1790 viewsSwansea_Blue

It was a penalty based on how these things normally go. Apparently it’s acceptable to feel a nudge and then throw yourself to the ground, whilst twisting mid air to appeal to the ref before you even hit the grass.

J2 had it right yesterday; if challenges like that are deemed fouls, we may as well make football non contact.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 18:54 - Oct 25 with 1760 viewsBent_double

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 18:40 - Oct 25 by Swansea_Blue

It was a penalty based on how these things normally go. Apparently it’s acceptable to feel a nudge and then throw yourself to the ground, whilst twisting mid air to appeal to the ref before you even hit the grass.

J2 had it right yesterday; if challenges like that are deemed fouls, we may as well make football non contact.

I mean forget VAR - which can't seem to determine if a tackle is inside or outside the area, or whether a defender is bear-hugging an opposition player in the area, if MoTD yesterday was anything to go by - why not have an extra 'linesperson' behind the goals? They would be better placed to spot fouls/dives surely?

Actually, didn't they try that a few years back in a major tournament, can't remember which one?? The fact that it's not been continued means it won't be tried again, I guess.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 18:57 - Oct 25 with 1753 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 18:54 - Oct 25 by Bent_double

I mean forget VAR - which can't seem to determine if a tackle is inside or outside the area, or whether a defender is bear-hugging an opposition player in the area, if MoTD yesterday was anything to go by - why not have an extra 'linesperson' behind the goals? They would be better placed to spot fouls/dives surely?

Actually, didn't they try that a few years back in a major tournament, can't remember which one?? The fact that it's not been continued means it won't be tried again, I guess.

We don't need more officials, just the ones that are there to do it properly.
Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 19:04 - Oct 25 with 1726 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 18:57 - Oct 25 by IpswichBoyBlue

We don't need more officials, just the ones that are there to do it properly.

Quite. VAR itself isn’t a problem. The reason there are still wrong decisions are because the laws of the game are open to interpretation and officials vary in quality. And when VAR can and can’t be used is also a bit of an issue.

With VAR that still would have been given as a pen yesterday. It’s acceptable for players to go down with any contact.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 20:22 - Oct 25 with 1652 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 11:09 - Oct 25 by Suffolktractor

I disagree. Both teams played decent football, but neither looked likely to score, until the penalty was ‘won’.
A draw would have been fair.

Think Lincoln carried the greater threat, should have scored very early on, then hit the woodwork.

We kept it fine in our own half, although under no real pressure from Lincoln.

Could have played until midnight and wouldn’t have scored.

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 20:23 - Oct 25 with 1650 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The squad isn’t that great at all, there is certainly a few bright sparks. We are also missing bodies.

It’s certainly not a side that will finish top of the league, and would be surprised were it to make top 6.

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 20:42 - Oct 25 with 1614 viewsSarge

Less than 7 days ago we were and people were still moaning
Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 20:59 - Oct 25 with 1577 viewsHARRY10

Just seen the highlights. F**k that referee. on 09:49 - Oct 25 by patrickswell

" he uses his upper body strength"

his arms, you mean

in both penalties he was grabbing at the player when he had gone past him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024