Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film 19:39 - Oct 30 with 1313 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I wonder if Marcus Stewart's first at Bolton is the best Ipswich goal I've ever seen. Genuinely can't think of a better goal in terms of technique, plus the importance of it. He doesn't even seem to look, it just sits up, he lets it come across him, and he just wellies it into the top-corner. We were seemingly dead and buried before that.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 19:42 - Oct 30 with 1286 viewsTrumptonBlue

It was great but I don't think it was even his best goal that day.
I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 19:45 - Oct 30 with 1277 viewsITFC_Forever

Jermaine Wright’s volley at Rotherham on Easter Saturday 2004 is the answer.

Although Stewart’s first at the Reebok gets extra bonus points for the importance of it.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 20:00 - Oct 30 with 1251 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 19:42 - Oct 30 by TrumptonBlue

I see what you mean but I still say the first edges it. But yeah, I was in there with the Town fans behind that goal and he seemed to take an age to put it in. So calm. Incredible player.

My mate's son was born the year after... weird to think he's 19 now and never seen success like we had then. He enjoyed the film but was a bit bitter about having missed all that!

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 20:05 - Oct 30 with 1227 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cracking goal. We were in a bit of a slump just before that. You could sense the belief on the pitch and in the crowd was slipping away and we were all thinking of the previous PO failures. That changed everything.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 20:07 - Oct 30 with 1225 viewsFtnfwest

It was unbelievable but the best for me was the one in the final. Sort of 30 seconds of dreamland where every detail in the whole move was perfect.
I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 20:15 - Oct 30 with 1207 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 20:05 - Oct 30 by Swansea_Blue

Cracking goal. We were in a bit of a slump just before that. You could sense the belief on the pitch and in the crowd was slipping away and we were all thinking of the previous PO failures. That changed everything.

Yeah absolutely. It was a bolt from the blue and gave the whole club belief again. It was a goal that made us feel anything was possible. This is partly why I consider it the greatest ever ITFC goal. It wasn't just an incredible strike, but everything changed after that (in my lifetime at least).

It's an interesting competition actually, and I don't think I've seen it on here. What is the best ever ITFC goal? This one has to be right up there.

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 20:21 - Oct 30 with 1198 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 20:07 - Oct 30 by Ftnfwest

It was unbelievable but the best for me was the one in the final. Sort of 30 seconds of dreamland where every detail in the whole move was perfect.

Fair shout. The build-up was superb. But that one at Bolton was just individual brilliance, and it utterly turned our fortunes. Whilst the one at Wembley was great, it didn't have quite the same importance in terms of changing our fortunes (as we were already 2-1 up). At Bolton we were dead, and would have never even made it to Wembley if that first goal hadn't turned things around.

Our current players, it's sad to say, wouldn't even dream of shooting from there. Jon Nolan would've brought it down and passed it sideways.

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 20:23 - Oct 30 with 1190 viewsFtnfwest

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 20:21 - Oct 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

Fair shout. The build-up was superb. But that one at Bolton was just individual brilliance, and it utterly turned our fortunes. Whilst the one at Wembley was great, it didn't have quite the same importance in terms of changing our fortunes (as we were already 2-1 up). At Bolton we were dead, and would have never even made it to Wembley if that first goal hadn't turned things around.

Our current players, it's sad to say, wouldn't even dream of shooting from there. Jon Nolan would've brought it down and passed it sideways.

Of course we’re forgetting a couple of useful ones from Jim in the semi as well. What a memorable 3 games...
Login to get fewer ads

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 20:29 - Oct 30 with 1176 viewsPendejo

Not a bad tee up from Holland either

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 20:36 - Oct 30 with 1159 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 20:23 - Oct 30 by Ftnfwest

Of course we’re forgetting a couple of useful ones from Jim in the semi as well. What a memorable 3 games...

Oh I'd definitely say Jim Magilton's performance in the second leg is the best individual performance I've seen from a Town player. As they say in the film, he was like a man possessed that night. He just refused to lose.

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 20:47 - Oct 30 with 1124 viewshabs

My favourite ever Ipswich goal, his second that day wasn’t bad either!
I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 20:56 - Oct 30 with 1098 viewsTrumptonBlue

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 20:15 - Oct 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yeah absolutely. It was a bolt from the blue and gave the whole club belief again. It was a goal that made us feel anything was possible. This is partly why I consider it the greatest ever ITFC goal. It wasn't just an incredible strike, but everything changed after that (in my lifetime at least).

It's an interesting competition actually, and I don't think I've seen it on here. What is the best ever ITFC goal? This one has to be right up there.

Finidi v Sunderland. Gorgeous from start to finish.
I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 21:05 - Oct 30 with 1090 viewsSomethingBlue

It was probably the most important because we were really struggling in the game and looked more likely to concede a third. But his second goal was just sheer perfection.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 21:16 - Oct 30 with 1066 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 20:56 - Oct 30 by TrumptonBlue

Finidi v Sunderland. Gorgeous from start to finish.

Yeah, but not quite as important. Absolute class though.

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 21:20 - Oct 30 with 1061 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'll never forget that goal for the wrong reason.

At first I never took to Stewart. 1 minute before that goal I was literally saying to my mate I don't rate him. He's hurt us his game... Then the rest is history.

Part of me thinks he heard me all he way from Bolton.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 21:26 - Oct 30 with 1029 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Stewart's second that day was an outstanding team goal and much better, the first was a hit and hope.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 21:28 - Oct 30 with 1023 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 19:45 - Oct 30 by ITFC_Forever

Jermaine Wright’s volley at Rotherham on Easter Saturday 2004 is the answer.

Although Stewart’s first at the Reebok gets extra bonus points for the importance of it.

Jermaine Wright versus Millwall at Portman Road on New Years Day 2003 was as good as the one at Rotherham. The best strike I've seen at PR apart from Leighton Baines.

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 21:35 - Oct 30 with 1011 viewsvapour_trail

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 21:26 - Oct 30 by The_Last_Baron

Stewart's second that day was an outstanding team goal and much better, the first was a hit and hope.

BoIIocks. You and Funge are wrong.

That first goal changed our next two years. The second wouldn’t have happened without it.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 23:16 - Oct 30 with 905 viewsN2_Blue

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 19:42 - Oct 30 by TrumptonBlue

Completely agree, his 2nd against Bolton is one of my favourite all time Town goals! Skill and composure makes it superior to his first. Not many players have the class to do that, plenty can hit a ball from long range on the half volley hoping it will hit the back of the net.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 23:38 - Oct 30 with 886 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I'm re-watching the Wembley 2000 film on 21:35 - Oct 30 by vapour_trail

BoIIocks. You and Funge are wrong.

That first goal changed our next two years. The second wouldn’t have happened without it.

I thought we were discussing the quality of the goal? Second one was as good a team goal as you'll see.

Who knows what would have happened if Stewart's shot had have hit the crossbar and bounced out. Bolton also missed a great chance to make it 3-1 at the start of the second half, if that had have been scored we may well have ended up drawing 3-3. Who knows? We ran rings around Bolton for the final 40 minutes of the Reebok game and the least we deserved was 2-2, even taking into account some of Town's shambolic defending in the first half, care of Manu Thetis.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024