Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival 18:01 - Oct 31 with 5608 viewscarlisleaway

Should have taken up the bid from QPR.......slows down any attack from midfield
What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 18:02 - Oct 31 with 5062 viewsSomethingBlue

Set up today's winner if I remember well.

Fair to say that Dozzell, Bishop, Judge isn't really a workable midfield though!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 18:05 - Oct 31 with 5036 viewsGarv

In a squad that lacks good crossers of the ball, he adds quite a bit. Today is an odd day to ask your question considering he assisted our only goal.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 18:06 - Oct 31 with 5020 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Only doing what is asked of him by the manager.
What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 18:17 - Oct 31 with 4987 viewsStenvict

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 18:05 - Oct 31 by Garv

In a squad that lacks good crossers of the ball, he adds quite a bit. Today is an odd day to ask your question considering he assisted our only goal.

1 good cross out of multiple poor crosses and misplaced passes does not mean he should be starting every game.

He's constantly running around that when he receives the ball he's not ready for it and miscontrols it.

I used to think having him roaming would be good, but it isn't.

Poll: What will be announced first?

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 18:26 - Oct 31 with 4966 viewsBlueBadger

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 18:06 - Oct 31 by IpswichBoyBlue

Only doing what is asked of him by the manager.

Not even Lambert is incompetent enough to issue 'run around aimlessly and do as little as possible' as an instruction.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 19:04 - Oct 31 with 4927 viewsrfretwell

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 18:26 - Oct 31 by BlueBadger

Not even Lambert is incompetent enough to issue 'run around aimlessly and do as little as possible' as an instruction.

That gave me a chuckle Bluey!
What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 19:14 - Oct 31 with 4895 viewsKeno

Is this a Town based Life of Brian tribute post?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 19:16 - Oct 31 with 4892 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Are you sure about that? I'm not.
Login to get fewer ads

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 20:36 - Oct 31 with 4793 viewsGarv

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 18:17 - Oct 31 by Stenvict

1 good cross out of multiple poor crosses and misplaced passes does not mean he should be starting every game.

He's constantly running around that when he receives the ball he's not ready for it and miscontrols it.

I used to think having him roaming would be good, but it isn't.

He's erratic and he does make simple mistakes at times. Although at the end of the game he was very calm on the ball and it helped us close out the game. They all were to be fair.

I just think with him you have to take the rough with the smooth because of what good things he does do.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 22:38 - Oct 31 with 4680 viewspistonbroke

Well let’s take the first few lines of Phil match report , judge played in a cross which sears should of made more of , then after Dozzell carelessly gave the ball away judge slid in and cleared the danger from our penalty box
What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 22:52 - Oct 31 with 4650 viewspointofblue

He must be be doing something right in Lambert's eyes, otherwise he wouldn't keep picking him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 00:27 - Nov 1 with 4569 viewsBlueBadger

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 22:52 - Oct 31 by pointofblue

He must be be doing something right in Lambert's eyes, otherwise he wouldn't keep picking him.

Ah yes, the same argument Blusfish used about Douglas.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 10:59 - Nov 1 with 4357 viewsDurovigutum

Yet at the point of relegation many were saying the test of Evans determination to bounce back was whether we kept or sold players like Judge.

Just as was said about Downes this September.

Football management is easy in hindsight, isn't it?
What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 12:41 - Nov 1 with 4279 viewsHerbivore

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 20:36 - Oct 31 by Garv

He's erratic and he does make simple mistakes at times. Although at the end of the game he was very calm on the ball and it helped us close out the game. They all were to be fair.

I just think with him you have to take the rough with the smooth because of what good things he does do.

Genuinely, what good things? Think he's now on about 5 or so assists in almost 2 years at the club and that's a really poor return for someone who is not only a set piece takerr but was signed to be a creative influence. He's given licence to roam and all he does is run around like a headless chicken. We've barely seen any of his supposed quality during his time here. And in the current system he holds us back imo.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 18:52]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 12:42 - Nov 1 with 4275 viewsHerbivore

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 10:59 - Nov 1 by Durovigutum

Yet at the point of relegation many were saying the test of Evans determination to bounce back was whether we kept or sold players like Judge.

Just as was said about Downes this September.

Football management is easy in hindsight, isn't it?

To be fair I was quite happy for us to make a quick buck from QPR at the time. He'd flattered to deceive already at that point and didn't justify his wage.

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 13:26 - Nov 1 with 4218 viewsPJH

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 12:41 - Nov 1 by Herbivore

Genuinely, what good things? Think he's now on about 5 or so assists in almost 2 years at the club and that's a really poor return for someone who is not only a set piece takerr but was signed to be a creative influence. He's given licence to roam and all he does is run around like a headless chicken. We've barely seen any of his supposed quality during his time here. And in the current system he holds us back imo.

He has generally disappointed at this level as has Sears and Huws because with their abilities I think all three should be outstanding.

To make the best possible use of him I think he does need to be allowed to drift as and when he wants but that is not practical if you are trying to play some sort of rigid system.

In theory Judge drifting around should be causing havoc with most opposition defences at this level but it has not proved to be the case.
What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 17:30 - Nov 1 with 4140 viewsjayessess

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 12:41 - Nov 1 by Herbivore

4 league assists last season, 2 this, which puts him... 2nd behind Kayden Jackson for assists during that period.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 18:54 - Nov 1 with 4094 viewsHerbivore

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 17:30 - Nov 1 by jayessess

4 league assists last season, 2 this, which puts him... 2nd behind Kayden Jackson for assists during that period.

Think Garbutt managed more than that on his own last season. And Jackson is ahead of him despite barely kicking a ball yet this season. 6 assists is a really poor return when he's taking set pieces and is meant to be a creator.

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 19:29 - Nov 1 with 4051 viewsjayessess

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 18:54 - Nov 1 by Herbivore

Think Garbutt managed more than that on his own last season. And Jackson is ahead of him despite barely kicking a ball yet this season. 6 assists is a really poor return when he's taking set pieces and is meant to be a creator.

Garbutt got 3 in the league last season.
Truth is that no one's been a consistent creative outlet for us over the past 2 seasons and no one's consistently scored goals from midfield either, which is probably why Judge's underwhelming record is the best of a bad lot and probably why he still keeps re-appearing.

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 20:50 - Nov 1 with 4014 viewsclive_baker

He’s done well this season. 2 assists in his last 3 games. 2.5 you could argue, given he sent Chambers away for the goal at Doncaster which was an OG. He offers something a bit different with his work rate and level of industry & energy that sometimes seems to go unnoticed. We lacked that against Lincoln when he was injured and I think it was the right selection yesterday in that regard. I would love to see Huws get back to the player he was before but my nervousness with him is whether he’s mobile enough to play in a 3 with Dozzell. Judge does a lot of dirty work. He seems more vocal this season too, chirping in the refs ear etc and taking a bit more responsibility. In a team of kids I think there’s a lot of merit in having a few street wise, less wet behind the ears blokes along side them.

I think if everyone is fit he doesn’t start though, as Downes is nailed on centrally and the emergence of Dozzell and Bishop has been arguably the biggest highlight this season. I remember people sharing their 1st and 2nd XI on here in pre season and poor Andre wasn’t even in the 2nd string. It’s been great to see him nail down his spot. AJ isn’t a natural fit out wide and at this moment I would say Lankester and Edwards should occupy the wide roles. Personally I would like to see Jackson starting, and that wide left position is the most obvious place for him.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 00:16 - Nov 2 with 3929 viewsjayessess

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 20:50 - Nov 1 by clive_baker

He’s done well this season. 2 assists in his last 3 games. 2.5 you could argue, given he sent Chambers away for the goal at Doncaster which was an OG. He offers something a bit different with his work rate and level of industry & energy that sometimes seems to go unnoticed. We lacked that against Lincoln when he was injured and I think it was the right selection yesterday in that regard. I would love to see Huws get back to the player he was before but my nervousness with him is whether he’s mobile enough to play in a 3 with Dozzell. Judge does a lot of dirty work. He seems more vocal this season too, chirping in the refs ear etc and taking a bit more responsibility. In a team of kids I think there’s a lot of merit in having a few street wise, less wet behind the ears blokes along side them.

I think if everyone is fit he doesn’t start though, as Downes is nailed on centrally and the emergence of Dozzell and Bishop has been arguably the biggest highlight this season. I remember people sharing their 1st and 2nd XI on here in pre season and poor Andre wasn’t even in the 2nd string. It’s been great to see him nail down his spot. AJ isn’t a natural fit out wide and at this moment I would say Lankester and Edwards should occupy the wide roles. Personally I would like to see Jackson starting, and that wide left position is the most obvious place for him.

Weird how we think we're a team of kids when in reality the average age of our starting XI is pretty high for the division. On Saturday we had 4 over 30, 3 more over 27. Even our younger players had 50+ senior games under the belt. Only McGuinness is inexperienced really.

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 08:39 - Nov 2 with 3843 viewsHerbivore

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 00:16 - Nov 2 by jayessess

Weird how we think we're a team of kids when in reality the average age of our starting XI is pretty high for the division. On Saturday we had 4 over 30, 3 more over 27. Even our younger players had 50+ senior games under the belt. Only McGuinness is inexperienced really.

Who thinks we're a team of kids? Even Lambert has given up peddling that myth now.

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 09:01 - Nov 2 with 3813 viewstractorboy1978

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 20:50 - Nov 1 by clive_baker

He hasn't got the legs anymore to play up the top end of the pitch for me. With the way we are trying to play, I think we need more dynamism in and around Hawkins. Judge is a decent passer of the ball, I actually think his best position now may actually be where Dozzell is playing. He's a bench player for me - a good option when you need some nous late on in games.
What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 09:07 - Nov 2 with 3800 viewsIpswichKnight

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 09:01 - Nov 2 by tractorboy1978

He hasn't got the legs anymore to play up the top end of the pitch for me. With the way we are trying to play, I think we need more dynamism in and around Hawkins. Judge is a decent passer of the ball, I actually think his best position now may actually be where Dozzell is playing. He's a bench player for me - a good option when you need some nous late on in games.

Exactly this, we saw as the game drew on how his nous and experience came through. That said he was awful for the first half and offered nothing in attack. Teams in this league do not like pacey players running at them. It’s telling that we’ve not had a penalty all season compared to 2/3 by the same point as last season, we’ve conceded 2 penalties in consecutive games when players ran at us.
What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 09:42 - Nov 2 with 3774 viewsclive_baker

What has Judge done for ITFC since his arrival on 00:16 - Nov 2 by jayessess

We have an inexperienced spine in that our 2 centre halves are 19 and 20, with Dozzell sitting in front of them, and Bishop who while isn't a kid, isn't overly experienced. I think he's completed more 90 minutes this season than he had for us in his career previously. Woolfy, Bishop and Dozzell are quite meek, whether that will change over time remains to be seen as they grow in confidence and experience, but I would like to see a little more aggression and guile in the midfield. Whether that comes from Downes who himself is only 21, perhaps Skuse will come into back into the fold at some stage? I hate the term game management but that bit of experience through the spine of the side, whether it be off the bench or in certain games is lacking from our current side. In my preferred XI of our 2 CB's and 3 in central midfield they're 19, 20, 21, 21, 24.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024