Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans just pick up the phone 18:18 - Dec 12 with 2458 viewsBluefish

And tell him he is done. All of the negativity, the ridiculing, the complaining it will all be gone by Tuesday. Whether you agree with it or not Lambert is done here and he is strangling the life out of the club game by game. Just do what you need to do before it is too late to salvage
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 18:36]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Marcus Evans just picked up the phone on 18:21 - Dec 12 with 2396 viewsWD19

Your subject line just got my hopes up you bastard.
Marcus Evans just picked up the phone on 18:23 - Dec 12 with 2371 viewsFixed_It

We'll probably win on Tuesday. Not because we'll be good, but because Burton will be sh1tter than us. Just. And so any notion that Evans might have that Lambert isn't going to turn this around will be put on the back-burner. Again. Until the next time. And repeat ad nauseum.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Marcus Evans just picked up the phone on 18:26 - Dec 12 with 2330 viewspositivity

Marcus Evans just picked up the phone on 18:23 - Dec 12 by Fixed_It

We'll probably win on Tuesday. Not because we'll be good, but because Burton will be sh1tter than us. Just. And so any notion that Evans might have that Lambert isn't going to turn this around will be put on the back-burner. Again. Until the next time. And repeat ad nauseum.

burton unbeaten in 4. don't bet on it!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Marcus Evans just picked up the phone on 18:30 - Dec 12 with 2291 viewsronnyd

When i read the thread title i thought you were going to add , ...and ordered a pizza.
Marcus Evans just picked up the phone on 18:32 - Dec 12 with 2266 viewsFixed_It

Marcus Evans just picked up the phone on 18:26 - Dec 12 by positivity

burton unbeaten in 4. don't bet on it!

There are people who would still turn a blind eye 'because of the injuries'.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Marcus Evans just picked up the phone on 18:35 - Dec 12 with 2224 viewsblueislander

I do wish thatL , one way or another, Lambert was not Town manager. However there are too many players that are not contributing enough. The full backs are something of a liability, and don’t do enough creatively. Judge is well past his sell date. Much as I like the idea of academy products graduating to the first team, neither McGavin nor Lankester look up to it at the moment. Both Dobra and Bennett’s flatter to deceive. They beat a man but no end product. Jackson looks off the pace. Hawkins is very limited.
Marcus Evans just picked up the phone on 18:36 - Dec 12 with 2214 viewsBluefish

Marcus Evans just picked up the phone on 18:21 - Dec 12 by WD19

Your subject line just got my hopes up you bastard.

Ah sorry unintentional typo!

Marcus Evans just picked up the phone on 19:01 - Dec 12 with 2108 viewsBlueBadger

Marcus Evans just picked up the phone on 18:23 - Dec 12 by Fixed_It

Lambert might possibly be the most gifted exponent of the 'Jewell win' that this club has ever seen.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 19:04 - Dec 12 with 2087 viewscarlisleaway

As fans we are a soft bunch and we need to keep the Lambert Out theme. Be it more e-mails to the club or at the ground, but not during the match. Under Paul Lambert and his boring system we are only going one way.
Marcus Evans just picked up the phone on 19:46 - Dec 12 with 2002 viewsWicklowBlue

Marcus Evans just picked up the phone on 18:35 - Dec 12 by blueislander

I do wish thatL , one way or another, Lambert was not Town manager. However there are too many players that are not contributing enough. The full backs are something of a liability, and don’t do enough creatively. Judge is well past his sell date. Much as I like the idea of academy products graduating to the first team, neither McGavin nor Lankester look up to it at the moment. Both Dobra and Bennett’s flatter to deceive. They beat a man but no end product. Jackson looks off the pace. Hawkins is very limited.

Seems to me the players gave up yonks ago. Never felt we had real leaders and direction across the white line. Do we have a player in the club who is full of steel and grit who brings the team together and shows the way forward. We are just soo placid once a goal is conceded its most likely game over. (Apart from Plymouth so I've already totally ruined my own observation)

Overall for several seasons now I never felt we had a team who believed in itself and what it was trying to do. Time for a clear out of more senior players.
Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 19:48 - Dec 12 with 1984 viewswkj

At what point will Evans realise the game is up for Lambert? Vote of confidence last week, do we really have to be mid table in Feb for him to realise?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 19:54 - Dec 12 with 1946 viewsfooters

Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 19:48 - Dec 12 by wkj

At what point will Evans realise the game is up for Lambert? Vote of confidence last week, do we really have to be mid table in Feb for him to realise?

We all know the answer to that, my salad munching friend.

League One play off failure at best. Evans then decides it's maybe time to do something.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 20:24 - Dec 12 with 1868 viewsitfcjoe

Since we lost to Doncaster we’ve had the stuffing knocked out of us, not played well since.

Evans is just wasting time now here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 21:59 - Dec 12 with 1695 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 22:14 - Dec 12 with 1643 viewsBluefish

Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 20:24 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

Since we lost to Doncaster we’ve had the stuffing knocked out of us, not played well since.

Evans is just wasting time now here

It isn't popular for me to say but read my posts from the early games, the fundamental issues with the set up were there and just waiting for better teams to expose it

Our system would never work and it has become more rigid as the season went on. The biggest worry was how rigid the system was in the pompey cup tie. Different starting line up but exactly the same style of play. It is coached and executed as the manager wants. It is setting us up to fail
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 22:15]

Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 22:21 - Dec 12 with 1606 viewsitfcjoe

Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 22:14 - Dec 12 by Bluefish

It isn't popular for me to say but read my posts from the early games, the fundamental issues with the set up were there and just waiting for better teams to expose it

Our system would never work and it has become more rigid as the season went on. The biggest worry was how rigid the system was in the pompey cup tie. Different starting line up but exactly the same style of play. It is coached and executed as the manager wants. It is setting us up to fail
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 22:15]

There were enough good signs in the early games, that we played with a confidence and at times, a tempo, to do well in this league. There was always going to be speed bumps along the way, which were going to be an issue with a manager with a short leash.

We created more good chances in first 6 games that we did in the vast majority of games last season, there were ‘green shoots’.

Unfortunately we’ve hit a speed bump and it has caused us to crash the car because the driver is useless.

The injuries are an issue, they are really hurting us - but sticking rigidly to a formation without the available players is the sign of a bad manager. The system will work with the right players, but that’s mainly because the right players are better than most in this league - that we are so hopeless against good sides is a failure of management. I didn’t enjoy the 0-0 at Oxford, but we at least set up to be hard to beat, that’s fine on the road at times.

Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 22:31 - Dec 12 with 1556 viewsBluefish

Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 22:21 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

There were enough good signs in the early games, that we played with a confidence and at times, a tempo, to do well in this league. There was always going to be speed bumps along the way, which were going to be an issue with a manager with a short leash.

We created more good chances in first 6 games that we did in the vast majority of games last season, there were ‘green shoots’.

Unfortunately we’ve hit a speed bump and it has caused us to crash the car because the driver is useless.

The injuries are an issue, they are really hurting us - but sticking rigidly to a formation without the available players is the sign of a bad manager. The system will work with the right players, but that’s mainly because the right players are better than most in this league - that we are so hopeless against good sides is a failure of management. I didn’t enjoy the 0-0 at Oxford, but we at least set up to be hard to beat, that’s fine on the road at times.

The 2 issues for me are

Lambert can't afford green shoots at best when he is in his 3rs year and the highest paid in the division

The system won't work at all. It has fundamental issues, the 40 yard no go zone around the striker would not work under any manager in the world

It was all there from game one but we were getting away with it. Much like last season, it simply couldn't and wouldn't last

Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 22:39 - Dec 12 with 1523 viewsDubtractor

Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 22:31 - Dec 12 by Bluefish

The 2 issues for me are

Lambert can't afford green shoots at best when he is in his 3rs year and the highest paid in the division

The system won't work at all. It has fundamental issues, the 40 yard no go zone around the striker would not work under any manager in the world

It was all there from game one but we were getting away with it. Much like last season, it simply couldn't and wouldn't last

" the 40 yard no go zone around the striker would not work under any manager in the world"

This is probably the single biggest issue for me. The wide forwards play REALLY wide for the most part, and the midfield 3 rarely take risks and get into the box. So we make it really easy for an organised team to defend against as the interplay in the box, where defenders are terrified of making challenges, is barely existent.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 22:44 - Dec 12 with 1494 viewsBluefish

Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 22:39 - Dec 12 by Dubtractor

" the 40 yard no go zone around the striker would not work under any manager in the world"

This is probably the single biggest issue for me. The wide forwards play REALLY wide for the most part, and the midfield 3 rarely take risks and get into the box. So we make it really easy for an organised team to defend against as the interplay in the box, where defenders are terrified of making challenges, is barely existent.

Precisely. I have been saying it since the first games and the same applies now.

We have issues where I talked about red lines in the set up from early on. This doesn't change because of some injuries.

Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 22:50 - Dec 12 with 1472 viewsitfcjoe

Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 22:31 - Dec 12 by Bluefish

The 2 issues for me are

I don’t disagree re green shoots, but ultimately the owner has backed him into this season so not much can be done until the failure is demonstrably happening again. It’s the whole point re speed bumps, he doesn’t have enough credit in bank to ride out a a bad run, let alone a car crash.

The 40 yard thing wasn’t true at the start of the season, just look through our goals in the first 6-7 games and we were getting players around the striker, and we were getting bodies into the box - you see goals where there are 6-7 men in the box in open play. I doubt we’ve managed to get more than 3 in at once over the last 8-9 games.

The system is far from perfect, it is especially shown up now personnel required is missing. But also because there is a massive lack of confidence in the squad. Too many playing with such fear.

Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 22:54 - Dec 12 with 1438 viewsBluefish

Marcus Evans just pick up the phone on 22:50 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

I don’t disagree re green shoots, but ultimately the owner has backed him into this season so not much can be done until the failure is demonstrably happening again. It’s the whole point re speed bumps, he doesn’t have enough credit in bank to ride out a a bad run, let alone a car crash.

The 40 yard thing wasn’t true at the start of the season, just look through our goals in the first 6-7 games and we were getting players around the striker, and we were getting bodies into the box - you see goals where there are 6-7 men in the box in open play. I doubt we’ve managed to get more than 3 in at once over the last 8-9 games.

The system is far from perfect, it is especially shown up now personnel required is missing. But also because there is a massive lack of confidence in the squad. Too many playing with such fear.

Possibly true with the back but surely that should come with little margin for error and we are long past that

Not sure that is true about the first few games because I was commenting from the first couple of games about the isolated striker and the width of the wide forwards despite the wins. I think it was just ignored back then or less regimented, it definitely existed

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024