Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... 11:11 - Dec 18 with 1557 viewsDublinBlue84

It was clear before half time that he'd suffered an injury and I was very surprised that he was allowed to carry on until half time rather than being withdrawn before then.

With a club with a record of injuries like we do, with people taking longer to come back from injuries than you'd expect, it made it seem even more a poor decision as it was never ever going to help the lad.

Now our physio team seem to have been in place for quite a while now and haven't changed, is it time that we consider fully refreshing that department? Are they making calls on players being fit that are actually not fit enough to take to the field which then makes their problem worse?

The fact a clearly injured player was allowed to continue playing in a match which could only have made the problem worse, doesnt say much for the way the fitness is being handled or the judgement of the physio who I assume would have made that call.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 11:16]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 11:13 - Dec 18 with 1540 viewsRadlett_blue

See also Teddy Bishop, who was injured in the first half of a game & allowed to come out for the second half, before being quickly withdrawn. Shades of old Fred with a bucket & sponge saying "Run it off, son!"

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 11:15 - Dec 18 with 1529 viewshomer_123

Go back to Dozzells original knee injury - he was also allowed to carry on making the injury much much worse.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 11:17 - Dec 18 with 1496 viewsJon_456

Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 11:13 - Dec 18 by Radlett_blue

See also Teddy Bishop, who was injured in the first half of a game & allowed to come out for the second half, before being quickly withdrawn. Shades of old Fred with a bucket & sponge saying "Run it off, son!"

To be fair to them, wasn't Bishops an impact injury? In which case you can sometimes run them off.

For those of us at the game Tuesday, It was clear Bennetts had injured his groin beyond being able to simply run it off so leaving him on was a little baffling.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 11:23]
Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 11:17 - Dec 18 with 1495 viewsDublinBlue84

Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 11:15 - Dec 18 by homer_123

Go back to Dozzells original knee injury - he was also allowed to carry on making the injury much much worse.

Which raises serious questions about the judgement of those making such calls.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 11:18 - Dec 18 with 1490 viewsfooters

I can't find the exact quote, but the mentality of this club was set out by whoever MM's fitness coach was: "The older pros I don't get involved with, they've been around the game long enough and know their own bodies."

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 11:22 - Dec 18 with 1458 viewsgordon

Yes, absolutely - the chances of someone being concerned by a muscular injury in the manner that Bennetts was and then somehow running it off is infinitesimally tiny - and any kind of muscle injury needs to be iced and rested ASAP to limit damage / scar tissue.

Our physio must know this so why wasn't the right decision made?
Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 11:31 - Dec 18 with 1392 viewsRadlett_blue

Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 11:17 - Dec 18 by Jon_456

To be fair to them, wasn't Bishops an impact injury? In which case you can sometimes run them off.

For those of us at the game Tuesday, It was clear Bennetts had injured his groin beyond being able to simply run it off so leaving him on was a little baffling.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 11:23]

I'm not saying Bishop should immediately have been withdrawn, just that Town had 15 minutes at half time to assess his injury, then decided to send him out before withdrawing him 5 minutes into the 2nd half.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 11:44 - Dec 18 with 1368 viewsSomethingBlue

Bennetts literally signalled to come off as soon as he did it, as well. The player knew. Not the first time this has happened this season.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 12:04 - Dec 18 with 1310 viewsJon_456

Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 11:31 - Dec 18 by Radlett_blue

I'm not saying Bishop should immediately have been withdrawn, just that Town had 15 minutes at half time to assess his injury, then decided to send him out before withdrawing him 5 minutes into the 2nd half.

Fair point
Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 12:06 - Dec 18 with 1305 viewsbefxblue

When I had my leg snapped in half playing in 04, through all the pain, laying on the floor howling the thing that's stands out clearly in my mind was our 'physio' running on with a bucket and magic sponge, and one of my teammates saying 'Bob, I don't think that will quite do the job today'
Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 12:12 - Dec 18 with 1291 viewsEireannach_gorm

That is an unfair analysis of the situation. The Zoom image of the injury was unclear and it took some time for the remote assessment to be communicated to management.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 12:41]
Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 12:30 - Dec 18 with 1260 viewsIllinoisblue

The entire “sports science” dept should be sacked. Not fit for purpose. This has gone to on for far too long for it to be bad luck.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 12:52 - Dec 18 with 1201 viewsBlueBadger

Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 11:18 - Dec 18 by footers

I can't find the exact quote, but the mentality of this club was set out by whoever MM's fitness coach was: "The older pros I don't get involved with, they've been around the game long enough and know their own bodies."

Oh yeah, it's been going on longer than Lambert. It's very much an 'ME' thing rather than anything you could attribute to any of his managers in particular.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 12:56 - Dec 18 with 1197 viewsRyorry

And to add insult to injury (literally) we then have ME coming out in support of PL by saying "oh he's doing a grand job considering all the injuries we have".

Meanwhile, PL gets into spat with fitness coach who consequently quits, is now on "gardening leave" in Scotland but (according to the club) is fulfilling the role as a "consultant" via zoom. And ME states that he is not seeking to replace him.

Nothing sums up & crystallises ME's attitude and "ambitions" for ITFC better than this. Makes you utterly despair :(

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 13:04 - Dec 18 with 1175 viewsmonty_radio

In Town's case it was Old Jimmy with the magic sponge. Old Fred cut the grass.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 13:15 - Dec 18 with 1154 viewsmarchy

Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 12:12 - Dec 18 by Eireannach_gorm

That is an unfair analysis of the situation. The Zoom image of the injury was unclear and it took some time for the remote assessment to be communicated to management.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 12:41]

No no it's fine, you can do that job remotely no problem at all, it's only watching games on iFollow that stops you getting a clear view of things.
Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 13:23 - Dec 18 with 1126 viewsBryanPlug

Bennetts' injury raises serious questions... on 11:18 - Dec 18 by footers

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024