Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? 15:10 - Jan 5 with 2609 viewsBluefish

Does he hate him more or less than Harrison?

The whole business around Harrison being injured and then being in the squad when we were desperate was quite bizarre. Similarly the business around Donacien being a CB when we were desperate for a RB and then suddenly he was a RB when we were desperate for a CB. Very odd

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 15:12 - Jan 5 with 2584 viewsitfcjoe

Donaciaen is very strange, considering he was on the bench for Villa in the PL under Lambert, and went on loan to Tranmere when Gill was assistant manager there.

Harrison was just too laid back for Lambert, he struggles managing him.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 15:14 - Jan 5 with 2571 viewsLankHenners

The whole 'pretending he played in a different position whenever we needed someone to play there' thing was an early indicator that he'd quite happily make up any old excuse about anything rather than address a problem properly.

Feel a bit for Donacien, he's not near as bad as some people try to make out (though average lower league full back is clearly his peak), and we essentially messed his career around for 2 years, although I suppose he got paid alright for it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 15:44 - Jan 5 with 2466 viewsCoco

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 15:12 - Jan 5 by itfcjoe

Donaciaen is very strange, considering he was on the bench for Villa in the PL under Lambert, and went on loan to Tranmere when Gill was assistant manager there.

Harrison was just too laid back for Lambert, he struggles managing him.

How did Darren Bent fair under ol' Lambo?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 16:02 - Jan 5 with 2419 viewsMrTown

Not as bad as some would have you believe. A capable understudy to KVY.

Lamberts problem with him, like most things he does, who the hell knows.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 16:04 - Jan 5 with 2408 viewswkj

Donacien is a big mystery - yes he wasn't good - but he's not as bad as his exiled status suggests, I would go as far to say I don't even think he was as bad as Spence toward the end. You don't magically get better by sitting on a bench let alone being hung out to dry.

Very strange

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 16:12 - Jan 5 with 2385 viewsTieDyedIn95

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 16:04 - Jan 5 by wkj

Donacien is a big mystery - yes he wasn't good - but he's not as bad as his exiled status suggests, I would go as far to say I don't even think he was as bad as Spence toward the end. You don't magically get better by sitting on a bench let alone being hung out to dry.

Very strange

Hurst: Donacien Has the Attributes to Succeed in the Championship 18th Oct 2018 19:18
Town manager Paul Hurst says summer signing Janoi Donacien is starting to settle into life in the Championship and remains confident that the 24-year-old summer signing from Accrington Stanley has what it takes to make it in the second tier. 7

I think given that he spent the majority of his 8 or 9 year career playing in England's fourth tier might suggest there is no mystery to it other than he shouldn't have ever been signed by a club our size and it was that level of incompetence from Hurst and Evans that we ever recruited players of his level to begin with.

Not really fair on the player in the sense he was never going to make the grade in the Championship and had never been tested in this league either before coming to Ipswich but it comes down to poor research and recruitment ultimately. Until we fix that, we'll have many more of these types of players on the books. He's still managed to play 30 odd games for us since joining here, but he and his teams mates are easily the worse crop of players we've ever had. We've had better players on the books play less than him over the years.

I don't think we can blame Lambert for a failed Hurst signing.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 16:16]

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 16:24 - Jan 5 with 2331 viewsBlueBadger

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 16:12 - Jan 5 by TieDyedIn95

Hurst: Donacien Has the Attributes to Succeed in the Championship 18th Oct 2018 19:18
Town manager Paul Hurst says summer signing Janoi Donacien is starting to settle into life in the Championship and remains confident that the 24-year-old summer signing from Accrington Stanley has what it takes to make it in the second tier. 7

I think given that he spent the majority of his 8 or 9 year career playing in England's fourth tier might suggest there is no mystery to it other than he shouldn't have ever been signed by a club our size and it was that level of incompetence from Hurst and Evans that we ever recruited players of his level to begin with.

Not really fair on the player in the sense he was never going to make the grade in the Championship and had never been tested in this league either before coming to Ipswich but it comes down to poor research and recruitment ultimately. Until we fix that, we'll have many more of these types of players on the books. He's still managed to play 30 odd games for us since joining here, but he and his teams mates are easily the worse crop of players we've ever had. We've had better players on the books play less than him over the years.

I don't think we can blame Lambert for a failed Hurst signing.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 16:16]

He was still, strictly speaking, on loan when Lambert came in. Unless there was some kind of 'done deal' clause to the loan arrangement, you CAN blame Lambert for keeping him on and wasting money signing him as a permanent when we may not have needed too.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 16:28 - Jan 5 with 2313 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 16:24 - Jan 5 by BlueBadger

He was still, strictly speaking, on loan when Lambert came in. Unless there was some kind of 'done deal' clause to the loan arrangement, you CAN blame Lambert for keeping him on and wasting money signing him as a permanent when we may not have needed too.

I don't think there was an option not to sign him...it was a done deal, it was just a matter of paperwork timing

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 16:28 - Jan 5 with 2315 viewsitfcjoe

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 16:24 - Jan 5 by BlueBadger

That was a done deal, that Lambert and the club tried to get out of so nothing Lambert can be blamed for with regards to that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 16:30 - Jan 5 with 2300 viewsclive_baker

Is it because he's sh1t at football or was there more to it?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 18:20 - Jan 5 with 2124 viewsTieDyedIn95

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 16:28 - Jan 5 by itfcjoe

That was a done deal, that Lambert and the club tried to get out of so nothing Lambert can be blamed for with regards to that

Yeah we were tied to it. Who'd have thought signing players from Accrington, Shrewsbury, Peterborough and so on would have resulted in us being in the same league as them.

Everyone.

Although Evans blames us fans for sacking Mick and parachute payments instead. Yeah....

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 19:45 - Jan 5 with 1983 viewsBlueBadger

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 16:30 - Jan 5 by clive_baker

Perhaps this explains why he's such a d1ck about his players in pressers.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 22:31 - Jan 5 with 1846 viewsstrikalite

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 16:30 - Jan 5 by clive_baker

Having no left foot may have swayed it....
Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 00:13 - Jan 6 with 1777 viewsbournemouthblue

It was never a great signing, we essentially binned Emmanuel for Donacien at an over inflated price

I don't think he's actually half as bad as some people like to claim but he clearly isn't for Lambert

We should have got more out of him but what a truly massive waste of money, his signing has proved to be ultimately

Hurst successfully managed to under sell our best players in Waghorn, Garner, Webster and allowed McGoldrick to leave also

He replaced them with Jackson, Nolan, Nsiala, Donacien, Roberts and two loanees I think? Chalobah, Pennington and Walters?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 07:41 - Jan 6 with 1682 viewsTieDyedIn95

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 00:13 - Jan 6 by bournemouthblue

It was never a great signing, we essentially binned Emmanuel for Donacien at an over inflated price

I don't think he's actually half as bad as some people like to claim but he clearly isn't for Lambert

We should have got more out of him but what a truly massive waste of money, his signing has proved to be ultimately

Hurst successfully managed to under sell our best players in Waghorn, Garner, Webster and allowed McGoldrick to leave also

He replaced them with Jackson, Nolan, Nsiala, Donacien, Roberts and two loanees I think? Chalobah, Pennington and Walters?

Didz, along with Hyam and Bru were released by the club an age before Hurst was appointed. I doubt he was calling the Ipswich releases from his office in Shrewsbury despite what Didz may have been told by the club.

I am sure those decisions were made here by the powers at be for the usual reasons - or if Evans did allow Hurst to release players while not having been officially appointed here, or having taken a single days training or management well that just indicates exactly why this club is in the state it is in.

Either way, reads terribly for poor Marcus. It's all parachute payments fault, life's so unfair.

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 08:31 - Jan 6 with 1643 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It's probably around the fact that when he's played, even under Hurst, who liked him, he's not been very good.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 08:42 - Jan 6 with 1635 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

He’s a bang average 3rd division player, no more, no less & unfortunately we have too many of them. Unless that changes, we’ll continue to be a bang average 3rd division club.
Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 09:43 - Jan 6 with 1584 viewsBluefish

Did we ever find out why Shambert hates Janoi so much? on 08:42 - Jan 6 by OsmansCleanSheet

He’s a bang average 3rd division player, no more, no less & unfortunately we have too many of them. Unless that changes, we’ll continue to be a bang average 3rd division club.

But that doesn't explain the bizarre treatment from shambo, as you say we have plenty of others

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024