Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Norwood 20:50 - Jan 9 with 3311 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He was brilliant. Really improved us when he came on.100 million times better than any of our other strikers.

Aside form that, the performance was fairly disgraceful. Lambert needs to go, but I feel like I can only say that so many times before I get bored. When it rains it pours

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

James Norwood on 21:02 - Jan 9 with 3239 viewsPJH

As you say, without exaggeration, he was absolutely world class. His first three goals were brilliant but I thought his fifth was pure genius.

You are right that we looked a bit better with him on the pitch though.
James Norwood on 21:05 - Jan 9 with 3214 viewsjudespiveyg

Doesn't have a great touch and his finishing is about as clinical as Freddie Sears', but he does make things happen. Puts his body in the right places. Keeps the defenders on their toes. Better than having a lamppost like Drinan or Hawkins up front.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

James Norwood on 21:08 - Jan 9 with 3182 viewssurreyblue

Pretty much everything good that happened in the second half seemed to involve him. His work for Judge's goal was particularly good. But then you have the bad alongside it - the first chance just before his goal was an absolute sitter and he is very lucky he got another chance at it, plus silly things like the booking which I thought was unnecessary.
James Norwood on 21:11 - Jan 9 with 3149 viewsSeablu

100 million?
Need to see your working on that one.
Three times as effective as Drinan, no more than that.
James Norwood on 21:15 - Jan 9 with 3091 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Imagine if he was played as a front two with Jackson getting in behind the defence on his hold up play.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

James Norwood on 21:16 - Jan 9 with 3079 viewsstiff_talking

James Norwood on 21:11 - Jan 9 by Seablu

100 million?

Bigger question - why didn’t he start the game ?
James Norwood on 21:32 - Jan 9 with 2992 viewsSeablu

James Norwood on 21:16 - Jan 9 by stiff_talking

Norwood will inevitably have tweaked or pulled something tonight, so might as well sacrifice him chasing the game rather than trying to defend a lead.

Reading that back makes no sense whatsoever, so I’m certain I’ve accurately tapped into Lambert’s thinking on the issue.
James Norwood on 21:49 - Jan 9 with 2906 viewsGeorge25

What Norwood brings is his cleverness on and off the ball. Knowing when and not to make a run or play a ball help us creat chances. Notably tonight wear he completely stopped his run to allow judge to run threw without being ruled offside.As well as his tactical fouling and smart time wasting.
Login to get fewer ads

James Norwood on 22:52 - Jan 9 with 2714 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

James Norwood on 21:11 - Jan 9 by Seablu

100 million?

No I'm being serious.. Drinan is national league level at the very best. Slight hyperbole, lets say 50 million times better.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

James Norwood on 23:12 - Jan 9 with 2660 viewsSpruceMoose

James Norwood on 21:32 - Jan 9 by Seablu

Norwood will inevitably have tweaked or pulled something tonight, so might as well sacrifice him chasing the game rather than trying to defend a lead.

Reading that back makes no sense whatsoever, so I’m certain I’ve accurately tapped into Lambert’s thinking on the issue.

He's probably seven pints deep in celebration right now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

James Norwood on 01:34 - Jan 10 with 2502 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

James Norwood on 22:52 - Jan 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

No I'm being serious.. Drinan is national league level at the very best. Slight hyperbole, lets say 50 million times better.

Think Simpson or Folami (don't think he's been recalled though) would be better options up front.
James Norwood on 01:38 - Jan 10 with 2489 viewsSuperCoops

James Norwood on 21:16 - Jan 9 by stiff_talking

Because he's coming back from injury and had been absent for sometime? Also, is there a possibility he may have been one of the players affected by Covid (other than Lambert, were any players named?).
James Norwood on 01:39 - Jan 10 with 2486 viewsMrTown

I have, and few others have said, when he is fit, he is our best centre forward at the club, especially on his own.

Needs to consistently stay fit thought before you can really call him your number 1 man.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

James Norwood on 02:58 - Jan 10 with 2422 viewsBugs

James Norwood on 21:08 - Jan 9 by surreyblue

Pretty much everything good that happened in the second half seemed to involve him. His work for Judge's goal was particularly good. But then you have the bad alongside it - the first chance just before his goal was an absolute sitter and he is very lucky he got another chance at it, plus silly things like the booking which I thought was unnecessary.

I thought his momentum took him past the ball for that chance and was a lot harder chance than it looked. Probably a big part of difference between a premier league striker and a division 1 striker is the conversion rate of chances like that, and Mr Norwood isn't top tier standard.

As for the yellow card I can completely understand why he took one for the team in that situation, stop the danger early take the yellow.

All in all I would say his performance was one of the few positives of the game for us. But still Lambert out.
James Norwood on 07:58 - Jan 10 with 2288 viewsitfcjoe

This is the concern for me, that when better players get fit we ultimately start to look better, and that covers up the clueless frauds lack of management ability

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

James Norwood on 09:09 - Jan 10 with 2147 viewsKeaneish

James Norwood on 07:58 - Jan 10 by itfcjoe

This is the concern for me, that when better players get fit we ultimately start to look better, and that covers up the clueless frauds lack of management ability

The sad and rather ironic thing is, he’ll point to not having a full squad as an excuse and Evans will swallow it as per and the cycle will continue.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

James Norwood on 09:10 - Jan 10 with 2141 viewsAce_High1

James Norwood on 09:09 - Jan 10 by Keaneish

The sad and rather ironic thing is, he’ll point to not having a full squad as an excuse and Evans will swallow it as per and the cycle will continue.

We have not had a full squad for a decade so that will always be an excuse.

Our physio/medical department is the biggest joke in the football league.
James Norwood on 09:59 - Jan 10 with 2060 viewsBluespeed225

Shocking miss from a decent ball in, , ball bounces back of a defender straight to him, empty net which he manages to find. Sorry, but he’s all fur coat and no knickers, and not much of a coat at that.
James Norwood on 10:03 - Jan 10 with 2047 viewsStokieBlue

James Norwood on 09:59 - Jan 10 by Bluespeed225

Shocking miss from a decent ball in, , ball bounces back of a defender straight to him, empty net which he manages to find. Sorry, but he’s all fur coat and no knickers, and not much of a coat at that.

That's harsh, he should have scored first time but at least he didn't give up.

The assist and play for the second goal was excellent.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

James Norwood on 18:41 - Jan 10 with 1901 viewsJoHnNnY

Norwood is our most “intelligent” player football wise.

He’s streets ahead in movement, that’s why he get frustrated when he doesn’t get a ball played when he makes the runs.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024