Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... 22:08 - Jan 26 with 2066 viewsmonytowbray

How was the challenge a red? To me it looked like momentum going forward to win the ball in a good position and he turned to hold up.

How am I looking at this wrong as I’m clearly in the minority and missing something.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:10 - Jan 26 with 1491 viewsStokieBlue

Intention is irrelevant though.

It ended up being a stamp on his leg which could easily have been a leg breaker. Clear red and we'd all be screaming for it if it was the other way round.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:10 - Jan 26 with 1489 viewsjayessess

Mis-judged it, missed the ball, raked his studs down the other lads calf. "Reckless" is what the rule book says, I believe.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:10 - Jan 26 with 1494 viewsitfcjoe

Whatever he tried to do, he ended up planting his boot in the middle of his leg - it's a definite red

Even though I thought it would be our FK in real time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:11 - Jan 26 with 1466 viewsRomeo4

I think he was expecting to be caught by a bad tackle by the Sunderland lad so went over the top to try and protect himself. Would have instantly regretted it. It was a definite red card though.
Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:11 - Jan 26 with 1435 viewsGarv

I don't think there's any malice at all, it's just clumsy, naive and a bit cowardly. He's protecting himself, it reminded me of how Pogba often tries to win the ball with his long legs. Ultimately he's raked his studs down the guy's shin, so he's got to go I think.

Lambert just described it as 'horrendous' and that Jackson let the team down.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:11 - Jan 26 with 1430 viewshomer_123

Classed as reckless.

Its a potential leg breaker.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:12 - Jan 26 with 1413 viewsAlexGreen

No question on red or not unfortunately - I think he's got to come out and say sorry for that.

He still contributed about as much as Drinan did though, to be fair

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:12 - Jan 26 with 1404 viewslazyblue

Did you not see it in slow motion ? Horrible challenge.
Login to get fewer ads

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:13 - Jan 26 with 1358 viewsm14_blue

Dreadful tackle.

On first glance there didn’t look much in it but replays showed it was properly nasty.
Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:13 - Jan 26 with 1359 viewslongtimefan

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:10 - Jan 26 by jayessess

Mis-judged it, missed the ball, raked his studs down the other lads calf. "Reckless" is what the rule book says, I believe.

The law actually says a reckless tackle is a caution. Excessive force or danger constitutes a sending off, and this ticked the box of the later.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 22:17]
Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:14 - Jan 26 with 1326 viewsBlueForYou

Sorry but that was a red card every time. Cannot be any argument. Studs up straight over the ball into the guys shin about halfway up. Some fouls & cards are ridiculous but that one was spot on.
Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:16 - Jan 26 with 1282 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:13 - Jan 26 by m14_blue

Dreadful tackle.

On first glance there didn’t look much in it but replays showed it was properly nasty.

Good old slow motion.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:16 - Jan 26 with 1286 viewsEdmundo

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:11 - Jan 26 by Garv

I don't think there's any malice at all, it's just clumsy, naive and a bit cowardly. He's protecting himself, it reminded me of how Pogba often tries to win the ball with his long legs. Ultimately he's raked his studs down the guy's shin, so he's got to go I think.

Lambert just described it as 'horrendous' and that Jackson let the team down.

Talk about throwing his own player in front of the bus yo save himself.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:19 - Jan 26 with 1218 viewsGarv

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:16 - Jan 26 by Edmundo

Talk about throwing his own player in front of the bus yo save himself.

Give over. He's saying what everyone else is.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:21 - Jan 26 with 1191 viewsDarth_Koont

Hopefully we can get it overturned.

I think it was purely how it looked if you, as the referee no doubt did, saw it as Jackson running into the player with his foot up.

The other angle shows him running for the ball, trying to control it and the Sunderland player moving into view at the last second.

I can see the argument for a red card despite the lack of intent because it would have looked clumsy and careless. But the off the ground, flying Winchester tackle that merited only a yellow was still a lot worse.

Pronouns: He/Him

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:22 - Jan 26 with 1160 viewsjayessess

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:19 - Jan 26 by Garv

Give over. He's saying what everyone else is.

The manager is there to manage his players and get the best out of them, not to just say what he thinks.

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:23 - Jan 26 with 1137 viewsitfcjoe

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:21 - Jan 26 by Darth_Koont

I think it was purely how it looked if you, as the referee no doubt did, saw it as Jackson running into the player with his foot up.

The other angle shows him running for the ball, trying to control it and the Sunderland player moving into view at the last second.

I can see the argument for a red card despite the lack of intent because it would have looked clumsy and careless. But the off the ground, flying Winchester tackle that merited only a yellow was still a lot worse.

Absolute zero chance of that being overturned - if you appealed that you'd get an extra game

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:23 - Jan 26 with 1124 viewsStokieBlue

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:21 - Jan 26 by Darth_Koont

It's amazing how people can see things differently.

No way Jackson's will be overturned, it ended up being a very poor challenge.

The Winchester tackle was a yellow because he pulled out before he made much contact. I can't see how you can say that was a "lot worse" than Jacksons.

It looks a bit blue tinted DK.

SB
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 23:42]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:24 - Jan 26 with 1118 viewsScuzzer

He tried to do what strikers often do in trying to get his foot onto the defenders side of the ball to shield it...but hes not that good and found the guys shin pad instead. And as you may know getting kicked in the shin pad is very very painful.

Established 1968

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:24 - Jan 26 with 1099 viewsmonytowbray

Fair all. Thank you.

Not the intent, just utter botching it.

Sounds like us all over :(

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:27 - Jan 26 with 1054 viewsTrequartista

Get it overturned??? I'm speechless.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:27 - Jan 26 with 1051 viewsDarth_Koont

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:23 - Jan 26 by StokieBlue

It's amazing how people can see things differently.

No way Jackson's will be overturned, it ended up being a very poor challenge.

The Winchester tackle was a yellow because he pulled out before he made much contact. I can't see how you can say that was a "lot worse" than Jacksons.

It looks a bit blue tinted DK.

SB
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 23:42]

Nah. I’m not disagreeing with how it looked or that the ref was likely to send him off. But the replay where you can see him looking at the ball the whole time is pretty clear that he wasn’t actually trying to challenge the opponent so much as get his foot over the ball to control it.

Watch it again if you can.

Pronouns: He/Him

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:28 - Jan 26 with 1040 viewsistanblue

Lol it was one of the most obvious red cards you'll ever see.
Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:29 - Jan 26 with 1028 viewsjayessess

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:27 - Jan 26 by Darth_Koont

Nah. I’m not disagreeing with how it looked or that the ref was likely to send him off. But the replay where you can see him looking at the ball the whole time is pretty clear that he wasn’t actually trying to challenge the opponent so much as get his foot over the ball to control it.

Watch it again if you can.

I don't think anyone is saying Jackson was trying to break his leg, but... that's not what the rule demands for a red card.

Not controversial, genuine question RE Jackson red card... on 22:30 - Jan 26 with 1029 viewsRozz

I was convinced it was a foul on Jackson initially, but as other have said there can be absolutely no arguments with the other angles of this. Badly misjudged and very high on the shin. Not up for debate, and talk of having it overturned are frankly laughable.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024