Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? 11:17 - Feb 3 with 1413 viewsBlueBadger

They're basically a tax on stupidity.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/covid-fines-walthamstow-ps49k-slapped-on-e

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 11:19 - Feb 3 with 1382 viewsnoggin

And both have potential to kill innocent people.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 11:19 - Feb 3 with 1379 viewsgiant_stow

only rum old types live in Walthamstow.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 11:20 - Feb 3 with 1378 viewsBlueBadger

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 11:19 - Feb 3 by noggin

And both have potential to kill innocent people.

And generally not the selfish tossers who are committing the offences, either.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 11:22 - Feb 3 with 1364 viewsStokieBlue

Good.

Should have been this way from last March.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 11:31 - Feb 3 with 1344 viewsfactual_blue

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 11:20 - Feb 3 by BlueBadger

The same protocol should be applied to speeding motorists as to drink-drivers.

A shift with Nephew Neil The Fireman scraping body parts off the M5 or M6.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 11:32]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 11:42 - Feb 3 with 1316 viewsMookamoo

What percentage of the Fixed Penalty Notices are actually going to be paid? It's going to clog up the system.

There must be a fair few that could be proved to be unlawful and will get dragged through the courts. Others will see that as an opportunity to get out of paying.
Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 11:44 - Feb 3 with 1308 viewsPinewoodblue

Do they even pay the fixed penalty. You can be taken to court if you don’t pay but has anyone actually heard, or read, about anyone ending up in court for non payment.

Magistrates would of course be allowed to take your financial position into account and reduce the fine.

To best way is for magistrates to give a day by which the fine must be paid or face an alternative of a set number of days imprisonment. Set up boot camps and let the army run them.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 11:50 - Feb 3 with 1293 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 11:44 - Feb 3 by Pinewoodblue

Do they even pay the fixed penalty. You can be taken to court if you don’t pay but has anyone actually heard, or read, about anyone ending up in court for non payment.

Magistrates would of course be allowed to take your financial position into account and reduce the fine.

To best way is for magistrates to give a day by which the fine must be paid or face an alternative of a set number of days imprisonment. Set up boot camps and let the army run them.

The best way would be for fines to be deductible from earnings/benefits/bank accounts and for the same processes as the Inland Revenue use to be involved.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 11:57 - Feb 3 with 1272 viewsMookamoo

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 11:44 - Feb 3 by Pinewoodblue

They should set up a system similar to the speed awareness courses. If you don't pay your FPN and it goes to court, you get the option of paying the larger fine or doing some serious community service.

Team them up with the hospices and put them to work. Get them to help the thousands who will be long covid sufferers as carers. We're going to need so many extra carers after this anyway so those that have directly influenced the spread can do something to put it right.

Juts simple things like litter collecting will help. The hedges and ditches around our way have 12 months worth of detritus.
Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 12:44 - Feb 3 with 1199 viewsBlueBadger

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 11:31 - Feb 3 by factual_blue

The same protocol should be applied to speeding motorists as to drink-drivers.

A shift with Nephew Neil The Fireman scraping body parts off the M5 or M6.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 11:32]

Covidiots can spend the day with me or my ITU colleagues.

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 12:47 - Feb 3 with 1186 viewsfooters

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 12:44 - Feb 3 by BlueBadger

Covidiots can spend the day with me or my ITU colleagues.

Maybe these fines could go directly to NHS workers as a sort of bonus.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 12:58 - Feb 3 with 1165 viewsbluelagos

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 11:42 - Feb 3 by Mookamoo

What percentage of the Fixed Penalty Notices are actually going to be paid? It's going to clog up the system.

There must be a fair few that could be proved to be unlawful and will get dragged through the courts. Others will see that as an opportunity to get out of paying.

Very much depends whether they are contested I guess. The majority of £10k fines have been significantly reduced once they get to court on account of them being ruled to be disproportionate.

The other issue is the court system is currently somewhat overrun so people contesting them on the grounds that the fine was wrongly issued, they won't be having their day in court for some time.

Meanwhile, I read the number of fines for employers, from over 9000 complaints made about unsafe work places, are precisely nil.

But hey, Priti looks good, so that's all good for the baying mob...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 13:22 - Feb 3 with 1118 viewsfactual_blue

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 11:57 - Feb 3 by Mookamoo

They should set up a system similar to the speed awareness courses. If you don't pay your FPN and it goes to court, you get the option of paying the larger fine or doing some serious community service.

Team them up with the hospices and put them to work. Get them to help the thousands who will be long covid sufferers as carers. We're going to need so many extra carers after this anyway so those that have directly influenced the spread can do something to put it right.

Juts simple things like litter collecting will help. The hedges and ditches around our way have 12 months worth of detritus.

Bring back National Service....but as a personal carer.

Two years compulsory personal carer work at the age of eighteen. If you go into higher education, you can opt to do four years compulsory personal carer work in return for which you get half your student debt removed.

If you go backpacking for a year, your national service is doubled.

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 13:24 - Feb 3 with 1110 viewsfooters

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 13:22 - Feb 3 by factual_blue

Two years compulsory personal carer work at the age of eighteen. If you go into higher education, you can opt to do four years compulsory personal carer work in return for which you get half your student debt removed.

You just want to get sponged down by a lithe eighteen-year-old girl. Admit it.

"Don't go below the equator."

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 13:27 - Feb 3 with 1103 viewsfactual_blue

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 13:24 - Feb 3 by footers

You just want to get sponged down by a lithe eighteen-year-old girl. Admit it.

"Don't go below the equator."

I'm not sure one cares about that sort of thing when you have dementia.

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 13:27 - Feb 3 with 1099 viewsBlueBadger

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 13:22 - Feb 3 by factual_blue

What if you do your service THEN go backpacking?

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 13:28 - Feb 3 with 1098 viewsBlueBadger

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 13:27 - Feb 3 by factual_blue

I'm not sure one cares about that sort of thing when you have dementia.

I can assure you, old ladies with dementia are often quite VERY upfront about expressing their needs...

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 13:30 - Feb 3 with 1093 viewsfactual_blue

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 13:27 - Feb 3 by BlueBadger

What if you do your service THEN go backpacking?

Your passport is invalidated whilst you're out of the country.

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 14:56 - Feb 3 with 1019 viewsSwansea_Blue

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 12:47 - Feb 3 by footers

Maybe these fines could go directly to NHS workers as a sort of bonus.

I doubt there'll be anything left once they've absorbed the cost of the generous increase in carers' allowance announced today, of 1 pence per hour.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 16:36 - Feb 3 with 977 viewsgtsb1966

Covid fines are the new speeding tickets aren't they? on 11:20 - Feb 3 by BlueBadger

We are all selfish tossers then because there isnt anyone on this forum who can drive who hasn't broken the speed limit. I wonder how many of us on here who like a little tipple have broken the drink driving laws the next day without knowing it. I reckon the answer is nearly all of us sometime in our life.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 16:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024