Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore 15:34 - Feb 13 with 3077 viewsSitfcB

Under Mick.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 15:37 - Feb 13 with 2415 viewsJ2BLUE

It's almost like Evans' "strategy" of selling off any assets and replacing them with frees was doomed to fail.

And yes, he makes the odd stand on McGoldrick/Downes etc but overall we sell and replace with cheaper and inferior alternatives.

I hope MM gets Cardiff up. Evans had a golden chance and like everything else he f###ed it right up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

5 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore (n/t) on 15:39 - Feb 13 with 2396 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 15:41 - Feb 13 with 2376 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 15:37 - Feb 13 by J2BLUE

It's almost like Evans' "strategy" of selling off any assets and replacing them with frees was doomed to fail.

And yes, he makes the odd stand on McGoldrick/Downes etc but overall we sell and replace with cheaper and inferior alternatives.

I hope MM gets Cardiff up. Evans had a golden chance and like everything else he f###ed it right up.

He was behind Waghorn, Garner, McGoldrick and Sears when he left though, it was decent business at the time to sell him

The clown that replaced McCarthy then selling 2 of those 4 with another’s contract expiring on the other hand

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 15:59 - Feb 13 with 2267 viewsAce_High1

Also the quantity over quality approach we have which does not get enough airtime on here.

We don't have much to spend, so why do we sign 5 players on £2k a week (dross average squad filler AKA Giles Coke) rather than one quality player on £10k a week?

For a club that "has no money" think how much we have wasted on signings, signing on fees, wages etc on the likes of:

Toure
Polish Pete
Dawkins
Coke
Oar
Donancian
Nsiala
Best

+ a million more examples.
4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:04 - Feb 13 with 2227 viewsNthsuffolkblue

As a club we seem to keep the wrong players and move the wrong ones on cheaply far too often.

Perhaps there is a degree of not getting the most out of who we do have in that too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:05 - Feb 13 with 2216 viewsjeera

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 15:59 - Feb 13 by Ace_High1

Also the quantity over quality approach we have which does not get enough airtime on here.

We don't have much to spend, so why do we sign 5 players on £2k a week (dross average squad filler AKA Giles Coke) rather than one quality player on £10k a week?

For a club that "has no money" think how much we have wasted on signings, signing on fees, wages etc on the likes of:

Toure
Polish Pete
Dawkins
Coke
Oar
Donancian
Nsiala
Best

"Quantity over quality".

Agree with this so much.

Our recruitment policy has made no sense for a while now.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:06 - Feb 13 with 2201 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Toure
Polish Pete
Dawkins
Coke
Oar
Donancian
Nsiala
Best

I doubt those players were on that much though, with the possible exception of Oar. But the simple answer to your question is that we would have had a squad of about 15 senior players

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:07 - Feb 13 with 2189 viewsAce_High1

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:05 - Feb 13 by jeera

"Quantity over quality".

Agree with this so much.

Our recruitment policy has made no sense for a while now.

We have decent youth, so why not supplement that with say a quality 20 goal a season striker, an experienced CB and a creative midfielder?

But no we just sign millions of CM or other positions we don't need, and what we sign are no better than what we have.

2 or 3 quality players at L1 level makes such a difference and will make the other players perform better.
Login to get fewer ads

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:08 - Feb 13 with 2184 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not bad for a player he didn't rate.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:09 - Feb 13 with 2183 viewsjayessess

We're a lower league club, of course we're going to sell players off and replace them with cheaper ones. The point is to recruit well when you do it and ultimately end up improving the overall quality of your squad - like when we sold Kieron Dyer and used the money to pick up John McGreal, Jermaine Wright, Gary Croft, Marcus Stewart and Martijn Reuser.

Fact is, since McCarthy left we haven't signed a single player whose value increased whilst at the club.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:10 - Feb 13 with 2173 viewsAce_High1

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:06 - Feb 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I doubt those players were on that much though, with the possible exception of Oar. But the simple answer to your question is that we would have had a squad of about 15 senior players

As we did under Joe Royle, but we had QUALITY in the first 11. That team picked itself, think of that midfield - Westlake, Magilton, Horlock, Miller - next to no backup but we had a good team. Back 4? Richards, Devos, Naylor, Willis - no cover AT ALL on the bench but we competed with the best in the Championship, why? Because we had quality up front. In the lower leagues you need goals, quality strikers and you will go up.

We are L1 you don't need 40 senior players, your bench should be mostly made up with kids and younger players.

Under GB in late 90's we didn't need 40 players, no we had a blend of youth, a few average D1 players and then a couple of quality players to make the difference.
4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:13 - Feb 13 with 2147 viewsJ2BLUE

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 15:41 - Feb 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He was behind Waghorn, Garner, McGoldrick and Sears when he left though, it was decent business at the time to sell him

The clown that replaced McCarthy then selling 2 of those 4 with another’s contract expiring on the other hand

We didn't give him a chance when he came back from his loan. Just straight out the door at the first sniff of a few hundred k.

Truly impaired.

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:21 - Feb 13 with 2116 viewseddiespearitt03

Just goes to show what a shambles it turned out to be . Kieffer Moore was bought in & abruptly sold and then we flog the strikers who kept him out of the team. Well done Mr Evans. That is what ya call forward planning. It would appear he sanctioned the clear out for profit which thus started the decline and relegation. He did not sanction releasing the players worth nothing.

Strange that McCarthy at Cardiff is now playing a more enterprising 3-4-1-2 formation when we had to watch mostly a defensive strategy with what seemed like a 5 man defense in some games. I lost count of the drab games we played ( and lost ) under McCarthy in his last 18 months.

Would not surprise me if Evans also sanctioned that we do not compete in cup competitions anymore.
4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:28 - Feb 13 with 2058 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:10 - Feb 13 by Ace_High1

As we did under Joe Royle, but we had QUALITY in the first 11. That team picked itself, think of that midfield - Westlake, Magilton, Horlock, Miller - next to no backup but we had a good team. Back 4? Richards, Devos, Naylor, Willis - no cover AT ALL on the bench but we competed with the best in the Championship, why? Because we had quality up front. In the lower leagues you need goals, quality strikers and you will go up.

We are L1 you don't need 40 senior players, your bench should be mostly made up with kids and younger players.

Under GB in late 90's we didn't need 40 players, no we had a blend of youth, a few average D1 players and then a couple of quality players to make the difference.

Sorry I probably answered that a big quickly - my answer was more in response to the likes of Coke, Toure etc when we didn’t have anyone good enough coming through

I completely agree with you now, we should have a much smaller squad and the likes of El Miz, Dobra etc should be in and around the team

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:30 - Feb 13 with 2048 viewsjayessess

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:28 - Feb 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Sorry I probably answered that a big quickly - my answer was more in response to the likes of Coke, Toure etc when we didn’t have anyone good enough coming through

I completely agree with you now, we should have a much smaller squad and the likes of El Miz, Dobra etc should be in and around the team

Lincoln's first team squad is 21 seniors, plus 3 teenagers

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:32 - Feb 13 with 2033 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:13 - Feb 13 by J2BLUE

We didn't give him a chance when he came back from his loan. Just straight out the door at the first sniff of a few hundred k.

But he was never going to get in the team. Waghorn scored 16 goals that year, Garner 10, McGoldrick 8 in a injury hit season. We had Celina at the time too

It just looks ridiculous now as we sold or lost all of those options at the end of the season and replaced them with rubbish

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:36 - Feb 13 with 2007 viewsJ2BLUE

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:32 - Feb 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

But he was never going to get in the team. Waghorn scored 16 goals that year, Garner 10, McGoldrick 8 in a injury hit season. We had Celina at the time too

It just looks ridiculous now as we sold or lost all of those options at the end of the season and replaced them with rubbish

As you say McGoldrick was injury hit. Sears was played out wide. Moore would have been on relatively low wages and we didn't even take the opportunity to give him a go. Why not add him to our options? A plan b on the bench? It's nonsense to suggest we couldn't have carried him in the squad. This isn't hindsight either. I remember swapping PMs with itfcblues and we were both annoyed and couldn't believe he wasn't even getting a chance here.

Truly impaired.

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:39 - Feb 13 with 1982 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:36 - Feb 13 by J2BLUE

As you say McGoldrick was injury hit. Sears was played out wide. Moore would have been on relatively low wages and we didn't even take the opportunity to give him a go. Why not add him to our options? A plan b on the bench? It's nonsense to suggest we couldn't have carried him in the squad. This isn't hindsight either. I remember swapping PMs with itfcblues and we were both annoyed and couldn't believe he wasn't even getting a chance here.

I’m sure it isn’t hindsight but I just don’t think it was realistic, he wasn’t going to get a look in and it was an opportunity to get a good fee for a player that was 4th choice at best at the time

Will have to agree to disagree!

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:41 - Feb 13 with 1977 viewsjayessess

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:32 - Feb 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We don't do forward planning at Ipswich Town Football Club, but... Celina's loan and McGoldrick's contract were expiring in the Summer, so both of those were entirely predictable.

Maybe we had no idea Garner or Waghorn were unsettled, but even if both had stayed we'd have had 3 strikers, which is hardly a massive surplus.

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:47 - Feb 13 with 1936 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:41 - Feb 13 by jayessess

We don't do forward planning at Ipswich Town Football Club, but... Celina's loan and McGoldrick's contract were expiring in the Summer, so both of those were entirely predictable.

Maybe we had no idea Garner or Waghorn were unsettled, but even if both had stayed we'd have had 3 strikers, which is hardly a massive surplus.

Celina’s loan was expiring but we had been bringing in a player of that ilk for years (and rightly so IMO, it was a way of bringing in the type of threat we couldn’t afford to buy)

I may be wrong but I don’t think Waghorn or Garner were unsettled at the time, seemingly it was what happened that Summer that led to them leaving

As above with J2 will have to agree to disagree

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:48 - Feb 13 with 1929 viewsDurovigutum

Toure
Polish Pete
Dawkins
Coke
Oar
Donancian
Nsiala
Best

MM was given no money.

He had to shop in the poundland bargain basement, we couldn't afford the transfer fee for the one player on £10k per week.

That meant he had to take a punt.

Some worked, some didn't.

Complaining we didn't get quality because we went with quantity is revisionism.

The list of the bargains that we did well with needs to be added, which includes
Bart
Webster
Mings
Warner
Garner
Moore
Dizzy
Murphy
4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 17:11 - Feb 13 with 1834 viewsChurchman

Toure
Polish Pete
Dawkins
Coke
Oar
Donancian
Nsiala
Best

I think you are being very generous to ‘Cokey’, describing him as dross average squad filler. He was a lot worse than that.

But seriously, you are right. That list of yours is enough to make you weep - and there are plenty to add to it.
4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 17:17 - Feb 13 with 1799 viewsNthsuffolkblue

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:06 - Feb 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

"I doubt those were on that much."

Try this set instead then?

Adeyemi
Tayo Edun
Will Norris
Mark McGuinness

It is about what we are paying balanced with what we get out of the player and the long-term effect on the playing squad.

We have something like 55 first team players at the moment - that is ridiculous. How many squads have gone up utilising around 15 players all season (cups included)?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 17:25 - Feb 13 with 1768 viewsHerbivore

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:36 - Feb 13 by J2BLUE

Moore made it clear he wanted to go. It's not like he was itching to get a few minutes off the bench here and there for Town. At the time he was well down the pecking order and it was decent business. It's taken a few years and another season in League 1 for him to be doing a decent job in the Championship.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 17:26 - Feb 13 with 1765 viewsHerbivore

4 goals in 5 for Big Kieffer Moore on 16:10 - Feb 13 by Ace_High1

Under Royle and Burley there was no transfer window so you could carry a smaller core squad knowing that if someone got injured you could bring someone in to replace them immediately either permanently or, as we often did, on loan.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024