Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? 21:45 - Feb 26 with 3677 viewswkj

I am still sceptical about the whole thing in truth, but having logged in today and not seeing a new post from TWTD about it (beyond discussing the rumours) I have noticed a lot of people's language has shifted from ridicule to excitement.

What things have happened today that has changed the narrative, or is it just the EADT story alone?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 21:46 - Feb 26 with 3179 viewspointofblue

There was an article in the Athletic which has been backed up, by various degrees, by a lot of other people 'in the know' including Phil.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 21:54 - Feb 26 with 3141 viewsPhilTWTD

There is a new TWTD story about it! Had some more info this morning and was in the process of writing it up when the Athletic story went up.

Town Takeover Close 26th Feb 2021 15:05
TWTD understands Town’s US-backed takeover could happen as soon as next month. 166

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 22:04 - Feb 26 with 2996 viewsSpruceMoose

If you'd answer your phone when myself and Footers text you then you'd know all this already!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 22:07 - Feb 26 with 2994 viewsRyorry

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 21:54 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

There is a new TWTD story about it! Had some more info this morning and was in the process of writing it up when the Athletic story went up.

TWTD understands Town’s US-backed takeover could happen as soon as next month. 166

I'm probably missing something, but how can a takeover be "close" when simultaneously, the current owner "isn't actively looking to sell" (your other headline). Or is ME saying that just down to business bargaining/negotiations do you think? (appreciate you may not wish or be able to reveal all!).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 22:08 - Feb 26 with 2968 viewswkj

A bit worrying that the funding is coming from, presumably, Arizona's Fire/Police pension fund. BCWYWF for real

Crybaby

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 22:14 - Feb 26 with 2907 viewsthegloryyears

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 22:08 - Feb 26 by wkj

A bit worrying that the funding is coming from, presumably, Arizona's Fire/Police pension fund. BCWYWF for real

there is a 64 year old Fireman in Arizona who's entire Pension fund is now at the mercy of Ipswich Town getting to the Premier League - surely this is a joke??
When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 22:18 - Feb 26 with 2866 viewsWacko

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 22:14 - Feb 26 by thegloryyears

there is a 64 year old Fireman in Arizona who's entire Pension fund is now at the mercy of Ipswich Town getting to the Premier League - surely this is a joke??

Are you joking? The Arizona pension fund is worth over $10B. 30 mil is a drop in the ocean

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 22:31 - Feb 26 with 2798 viewsKeaneish

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 22:14 - Feb 26 by thegloryyears

Jerry Jones took a million from the Teamsters to finance an NFL side, which failed. He then borrowed again directly from the Teamsters pension fund once more. This time he invested it in oil and gas - he’s now worth nearly 9 billion and owns the Dallas Cowboys. Speculating and investing with pension funds has been happening for many a decade, this isn’t a new thing.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 22:35 - Feb 26 with 2779 viewsPhilTWTD

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 22:07 - Feb 26 by Ryorry

I'm probably missing something, but how can a takeover be "close" when simultaneously, the current owner "isn't actively looking to sell" (your other headline). Or is ME saying that just down to business bargaining/negotiations do you think? (appreciate you may not wish or be able to reveal all!).

Not really saying anything is it? If there was nothing happening, then you'd assume that given the widespread nature of the reports they'd issue something to say as much. But they've not.

You may well be right there's some element of public negotiation/posturing. Perhaps Marcus hasn't decided whether he's going to accept the offer of course. Perhaps he's making a point to the interested parties - the US group or others - that it's not done yet.
When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 22:46 - Feb 26 with 2652 viewsNthsuffolkblue

But that fireman, when he isn't bravely rescuing a young child from the 35th storey of an Arizona Tower block, is now the biggest Town fan in the world. And, when we make the Premier League he will be the richest retired fireman in the world (provided he has survived the exploits of fighting fires in his 65th year).

And all the other retired Arizona fireman will wish it was their bit of their pension fund that had been invested instead of his.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 22:51 - Feb 26 with 2605 viewsRyorry

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 22:35 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

Not really saying anything is it? If there was nothing happening, then you'd assume that given the widespread nature of the reports they'd issue something to say as much. But they've not.

You may well be right there's some element of public negotiation/posturing. Perhaps Marcus hasn't decided whether he's going to accept the offer of course. Perhaps he's making a point to the interested parties - the US group or others - that it's not done yet.

Guess you're right, & have now seen the other thread since posting that too.

Very hard to know what might be good or bad about potential new owners abroad - you need to recruit some spooks Phil, we do have quite a few TWTDers in the USA ...

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 23:58 - Feb 26 with 2367 viewsBlueBorn86

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 22:35 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

Are you able to share what info you received before the athletic went up? As I assumed the athletic was what sent us all into fury!
On a second note Phil, do you think this is “close” judging from what you have heard? Appreciate it may be difficult to answer.
When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 00:10 - Feb 27 with 2328 viewsPhilTWTD

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 23:58 - Feb 26 by BlueBorn86

Are you able to share what info you received before the athletic went up? As I assumed the athletic was what sent us all into fury!
On a second note Phil, do you think this is “close” judging from what you have heard? Appreciate it may be difficult to answer.

The story I put up is basically what I had, adding in their bit about Paul Cook.

Yes, I was told a couple of weeks but these things always seem to drag on as far as I can tell.
When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 00:14 - Feb 27 with 2298 viewsDubtractor

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 21:54 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

Be honest Phil, I bet you swore a bit when they posted up before you?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 00:16 - Feb 27 with 2290 viewstractordownsouth

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 00:10 - Feb 27 by PhilTWTD

The story I put up is basically what I had, adding in their bit about Paul Cook.

Yes, I was told a couple of weeks but these things always seem to drag on as far as I can tell.

Do you reckon that if Lambert goes this week would Cook would come in straight away or would we have Dyer/Klug/ someone from the club in temporary charge with Cook to arrive when the owners come in?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 00:18 - Feb 27 with 2269 viewswkj

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 00:16 - Feb 27 by tractordownsouth

Do you reckon that if Lambert goes this week would Cook would come in straight away or would we have Dyer/Klug/ someone from the club in temporary charge with Cook to arrive when the owners come in?

If there is any truth here, Cook has probably already had his induction

Crybaby

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 00:21 - Feb 27 with 2249 viewsPhilTWTD

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 00:16 - Feb 27 by tractordownsouth

I don't know but I'm guessing there would be a caretaker.
When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 00:21 - Feb 27 with 2248 viewsPhilTWTD

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 00:14 - Feb 27 by Dubtractor

Be honest Phil, I bet you swore a bit when they posted up before you?

Was a little exasperated. However, I ran a piece on Thursday and my story has a lot they haven't.
When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 00:25 - Feb 27 with 2218 viewsRyorry

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 00:21 - Feb 27 by PhilTWTD

I don't know but I'm guessing there would be a caretaker.

I think it'd be a real shame if KD didn't get some kind of crack at the job, even if only for a short spell - if not now, then when? (not expecting an answer to that btw!)

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 09:57 - Feb 27 with 1578 viewsstrikalite

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 00:25 - Feb 27 by Ryorry

I think it'd be a real shame if KD didn't get some kind of crack at the job, even if only for a short spell - if not now, then when? (not expecting an answer to that btw!)

Did you listen to him on R5 last night? Was impressed about formations within a game when discussing Man City with JJ, this is the next level for me..
When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 10:01 - Feb 27 with 1550 viewspointofblue

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 00:25 - Feb 27 by Ryorry

Let him get some experience under Cook or even at lower level; Lampard is a good example of what happens when a club legend takes over without the requisite experience.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 10:02 - Feb 27 with 1539 viewswkj

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 10:01 - Feb 27 by pointofblue

Let him get some experience under Cook or even at lower level; Lampard is a good example of what happens when a club legend takes over without the requisite experience.

KD as assistant to Paul Cook would be a great thing to see, I am not sure if Paul Cook has a "Terry Connor/Chris Doig" type go to or not.

Crybaby

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 10:22 - Feb 27 with 1485 viewsRyorry

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 10:01 - Feb 27 by pointofblue

Fair points, OK - wkj too 👍

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 10:26 - Feb 27 with 1466 viewsCheltenham_Blue

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 10:02 - Feb 27 by wkj

KD as assistant to Paul Cook would be a great thing to see, I am not sure if Paul Cook has a "Terry Connor/Chris Doig" type go to or not.

Leam Richardson, followed him from Portsmouth to Wigan.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

When did the take over turn from rumour to imminent? on 10:28 - Feb 27 with 1452 viewsitfcjoe

If Cook is nailed on, then sticking Dyer in as a caretaker could cause issues - if he does well then will be a clamour for him to get it. If Cook 100% getting it then you need a caretaker with no designs on the job

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024