Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As if things weren't serious enough... 13:22 - Mar 10 with 3056 viewsbluelagos

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:25 - Mar 10 with 2317 viewsBLUEBEAT

Bet she’s gutted about that

Poll: W or W

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:27 - Mar 10 with 2296 viewsfactual_blue

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:25 - Mar 10 by BLUEBEAT

The word I think you might need there is actually 'relieved'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:28 - Mar 10 with 2291 viewsbluelagos

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:25 - Mar 10 by BLUEBEAT

I'm wondering if anyone on here has ever been to Stoke, other than to see the footie?

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:30 - Mar 10 with 2260 viewsfactual_blue

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:28 - Mar 10 by bluelagos

I'm wondering if anyone on here has ever been to Stoke, other than to see the footie?

Went to some flower show thing donkey's years ago. But that didn't involve actually entering Stoke itself.

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:30 - Mar 10 with 2259 viewsmrshallisfit

You wouldn't want to see him hanging around play areas would you.
As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:34 - Mar 10 with 2242 viewsStokieBlue

I have passed through it long enough to have an incredibly poor Italian meal in what is a pretty run-down town. Not entirely their fault given the industry it was built on is gone but I won't be returning anytime soon.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:34 - Mar 10 with 2238 viewsbluelagos

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:30 - Mar 10 by factual_blue

Went to some flower show thing donkey's years ago. But that didn't involve actually entering Stoke itself.

I went to Newcastle once, but not the one near Stoke.

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:37 - Mar 10 with 2220 viewshype313

Lived in Stone for a couple of years a youngster, I was about 3 so very vague memories, but never been back, and nothing has compelled me to want to, apart from driving past on the M6 going to Chester.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:37 - Mar 10 with 2202 viewsbluelagos

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:34 - Mar 10 by StokieBlue

I have passed through it long enough to have an incredibly poor Italian meal in what is a pretty run-down town. Not entirely their fault given the industry it was built on is gone but I won't be returning anytime soon.

SB

"incredibly poor Italian meal"

You're not selling it to me as a post lockdown holiday destination Stokie.

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:39 - Mar 10 with 2185 viewslongtimefan

I’ve stayed in Stoke hotels a few nights when fishing in competitions at the nearby Cudmore Fishery.
As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:49 - Mar 10 with 2151 viewsbluelagos

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:39 - Mar 10 by longtimefan

I’ve stayed in Stoke hotels a few nights when fishing in competitions at the nearby Cudmore Fishery.

You've convinced me of what I am missing out on. If I ever decide to take up fishing and enter a competition at Cudmore Fishery, I'll be sure not to publicly disrespect "the crown" in the days leading up to it. Thx

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:52 - Mar 10 with 2105 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Had a random weekend in Stoke a few years back as part of a work corporate sports event thing. I say Stoke, we were actually based in Keele Uni halls but went into the centre for the evening, was surprised to learn what is considered Stoke is actually something like 5 places and that the lively city centre part was actually ‘Hanley’ whilst the bit the locals think of as Stoke is a lesser part of the city

It wasn’t great but also didn’t seem THAT bad really, although that may have been a rather inebriated view!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:55 - Mar 10 with 2076 viewsbluelagos

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:52 - Mar 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Had a random weekend in Stoke a few years back as part of a work corporate sports event thing. I say Stoke, we were actually based in Keele Uni halls but went into the centre for the evening, was surprised to learn what is considered Stoke is actually something like 5 places and that the lively city centre part was actually ‘Hanley’ whilst the bit the locals think of as Stoke is a lesser part of the city

It wasn’t great but also didn’t seem THAT bad really, although that may have been a rather inebriated view!

It's "The potteries" and there are 6 towns that make, it of which Stoke is one.

Burslem (Where Port Vale play) Newcastle, Hanley, Stoke plus 2 others I can't recall.

Edit: Google say it's Burslem, Fenton, Hanley, Longton, Stoke-upon-Trent and Tunstall.

No Newcastle under lyme - but it is defo near by.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 13:58]

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:00 - Mar 10 with 2048 viewsgiant_stow

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:30 - Mar 10 by factual_blue

I went to something that might be the same event - something like a British garden expo or featival - can't remember its name. Definately Stoke though.

Edit: THis?

[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 14:08]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:02 - Mar 10 with 2032 viewseireblue

I did a two week course in Stafford once.

We tried Stoke on a night out to see if it was more interesting.

It wasn’t.

Does that help?
As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:04 - Mar 10 with 2017 viewsgiant_stow

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:55 - Mar 10 by bluelagos

It's "The potteries" and there are 6 towns that make, it of which Stoke is one.

Burslem (Where Port Vale play) Newcastle, Hanley, Stoke plus 2 others I can't recall.

Edit: Google say it's Burslem, Fenton, Hanley, Longton, Stoke-upon-Trent and Tunstall.

No Newcastle under lyme - but it is defo near by.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 13:58]

My trip to stoke is coming back to me - it was a family holiday on the canals through Stone, Newcastle Under lyme (blow my mind as a child there were two Newcastles) and Macclesfield. None of that fancy dan foreign sun for us!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:06 - Mar 10 with 2000 viewsbluelagos

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:04 - Mar 10 by giant_stow

My trip to stoke is coming back to me - it was a family holiday on the canals through Stone, Newcastle Under lyme (blow my mind as a child there were two Newcastles) and Macclesfield. None of that fancy dan foreign sun for us!

Shame there are no canals/broads any closer

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:07 - Mar 10 with 1990 viewsgiant_stow

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:06 - Mar 10 by bluelagos

Shame there are no canals/broads any closer

We did the broads every single year and even owned a boat or two, so that trip was just to mix it up!

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:13 - Mar 10 with 1944 viewsbluelagos

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:07 - Mar 10 by giant_stow

We did the broads every single year and even owned a boat or two, so that trip was just to mix it up!

I take it you needed 2 boats to include all the close relatives?

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:16 - Mar 10 with 1924 viewsgiant_stow

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:13 - Mar 10 by bluelagos

I take it you needed 2 boats to include all the close relatives?

brute!!

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:19 - Mar 10 with 1904 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Went to uni there was up there 6 years all told as I worked for a couple of years.

Things may have changed as it's been over 10 years since I was that way but I confirm that Stoke was and probs still is a hole.

That said the people are (generally) friendly, pikelets are awesome and the City fans do deliver a rousing chorus of Delilah.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 14:21]

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:20 - Mar 10 with 1896 viewsfactual_blue

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:00 - Mar 10 by giant_stow

I went to something that might be the same event - something like a British garden expo or featival - can't remember its name. Definately Stoke though.

Edit: THis?

[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 14:08]

That'll be the one.

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:38 - Mar 10 with 1834 viewsFtnfwest

yeah, unreal they want Pulis back
As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:39 - Mar 10 with 1825 viewsgiant_stow

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:20 - Mar 10 by factual_blue

That'll be the one.

Hurrah! I remember it being a bit bleak.

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:41 - Mar 10 with 1816 viewsmrshallisfit

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:39 - Mar 10 by giant_stow

Hurrah! I remember it being a bit bleak.

Yep. I was at Keele Uni in the early 90s and I remember most November days being foggy cold and bleak.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024