Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) 15:24 - May 26 with 1580 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 15:26 - May 26 with 1560 viewschrismakin

Why on earth was he sacked at Col u?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 15:33 - May 26 with 1514 viewsOriginalMarkyP

So what? Our kit's going to be better ironed than theirs!

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 15:35 - May 26 with 1501 viewsPhilTWTD

Good for him, ought to be a good opportunity for him.
John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 15:35 - May 26 with 1502 viewsSharkey

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 15:26 - May 26 by chrismakin

Why on earth was he sacked at Col u?

Because he wouldn't accept the board's demand that the first team be even more closely 'aligned with the academy'. It's fair to say that the chairman is now beginning to see the need for a relaxing of that policy, and has stated that Mullins will get far more freedom to do as he sees fit.

Very pleased to see McGreal back in work. Great coach, and a gentleman.
John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 15:38 - May 26 with 1478 viewsitfcjoe

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 15:35 - May 26 by PhilTWTD

Good for him, ought to be a good opportunity for him.

I don't think it is, the club an absolute mess at boardroom level and one I hope he doesn't regret with ongoing court cases with Lee Power etc

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 15:44 - May 26 with 1441 viewsPhilTWTD

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 15:38 - May 26 by itfcjoe

I don't think it is, the club an absolute mess at boardroom level and one I hope he doesn't regret with ongoing court cases with Lee Power etc

I was under the impression it was close to being sold, but don't remember where I saw or heard that.
John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 15:46 - May 26 with 1421 viewschrismakin

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 15:44 - May 26 by PhilTWTD

I was under the impression it was close to being sold, but don't remember where I saw or heard that.

https://truststfc.tv/swindon-town-fc-ownership-fans-faq/

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 15:49 - May 26 with 1405 viewsportmanking

Agreed. I would have thought Tranmere would have been a more suitable fit for McGreal.
Login to get fewer ads

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 15:55 - May 26 with 1365 viewsPhilTWTD

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 15:46 - May 26 by chrismakin

https://truststfc.tv/swindon-town-fc-ownership-fans-faq/

That does sound rather a mess. Must have been mixing them up with another club.
John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 15:58 - May 26 with 1333 viewschrismakin

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 15:55 - May 26 by PhilTWTD

That does sound rather a mess. Must have been mixing them up with another club.

Maybe why PC keeping the AM position open.

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 16:01 - May 26 with 1313 viewsPhilTWTD

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 15:58 - May 26 by chrismakin

Maybe why PC keeping the AM position open.

From what I was told John McG was never in the running because he wanted to be a manager himself, so I don't think that would be the case.
John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 16:03 - May 26 with 1297 viewsPhilTWTD

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 16:01 - May 26 by PhilTWTD

From what I was told John McG was never in the running because he wanted to be a manager himself, so I don't think that would be the case.

Actually might be more likely that it's left open for Leam Richardson in case he gets sacked at Wigan, however, that is just me speculating. As it stands, I think he's happy with his staff but with no one with that job title.
John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 16:03 - May 26 with 1278 viewschrismakin

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 16:01 - May 26 by PhilTWTD

Ah ok, fairplay McGreal, would have been easy to have done it and then walked away, so best to be open about it from the get go.

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 16:05 - May 26 with 1253 viewsPhilTWTD

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 15:35 - May 26 by Sharkey

Because he wouldn't accept the board's demand that the first team be even more closely 'aligned with the academy'. It's fair to say that the chairman is now beginning to see the need for a relaxing of that policy, and has stated that Mullins will get far more freedom to do as he sees fit.

Very pleased to see McGreal back in work. Great coach, and a gentleman.

Someone I know felt the players coming through from the academy were too weak, so wasn't surprised that John McG didn't want to be too closely tied to that policy.
John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 16:10 - May 26 with 1208 viewsPhilTWTD

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 16:03 - May 26 by chrismakin

Ah ok, fairplay McGreal, would have been easy to have done it and then walked away, so best to be open about it from the get go.

Yes, I think both sides were aware of the situation. I don't think Paul Cook would have wanted to appoint an assistant who moved on after a few months.
John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 16:14 - May 26 with 1169 viewsSharkey

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 16:05 - May 26 by PhilTWTD

Someone I know felt the players coming through from the academy were too weak, so wasn't surprised that John McG didn't want to be too closely tied to that policy.

That sounds right to me. In a dreadful season, some of them were thrown in and did 'swim' successfully, (most notably Chilvers), - but obviously at the wrong end of the table. Only time will tell if some good will have come out of the season in terms of real player development.
John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 16:15 - May 26 with 1159 viewsclive_baker

Gets to work with Paul Jewel though. Legend.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 16:17 - May 26 with 1135 viewsKeaneish

I think this probably confirms PC will operate without an Assistant Manager by title. Can’t think of anyone else who has been linked, which means the back room staff must be all but complete.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 16:20 - May 26 with 1087 viewsChurchman

Good luck to him. Good player, McGreal. I was surprised he left Colchester and thought he might manage here one day.
John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 16:25 - May 26 with 1060 viewsitfcjoe

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 16:14 - May 26 by Sharkey

That sounds right to me. In a dreadful season, some of them were thrown in and did 'swim' successfully, (most notably Chilvers), - but obviously at the wrong end of the table. Only time will tell if some good will have come out of the season in terms of real player development.

They've tried something different in last couple of years where tthere U16s play for the U18s, the U18s play for U23s and the young pros either go into first team or at Maldon on loan - which has lead to disastrous results in U18s and U23s football, and also not sure it has actually helped bring players through

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 16:47 - May 26 with 967 viewsSharkey

John McGreal confirmed to Swindon Town (n/t) on 16:25 - May 26 by itfcjoe

They've tried something different in last couple of years where tthere U16s play for the U18s, the U18s play for U23s and the young pros either go into first team or at Maldon on loan - which has lead to disastrous results in U18s and U23s football, and also not sure it has actually helped bring players through

They have their moments though:
https://int.soccerway.com/matches/2021/03/30/england/professional-u18-developmen
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024