Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook vs Cowleys on the mic 15:09 - Mar 20 with 2840 viewsKeaneish

We did win something today, if not the game. Good insight into in game management for all those who watched today. Cook constantly massaging and nurturing the positional play on and off the ball. Great to listen to. The shouts from the Cowley’s paled into insignificance. Delighted we’ve got Cook over them now I’ve heard them like for like. Cook will come good even if the result went against us today - let’s hope those selected start delivering.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:12 - Mar 20 with 2779 viewspennblue

I honestly thought we looked ok today, at least for the first 60 minutes. We looked like we are starting to look like a team that has a game plan and the players knew what we were trying to do.

Very frustrating we did not get a result, I think a draw would have been a fairer reflection.

KVY back too, we now have a full complement of players too. You look at our run in, and it is there for the taking, plenty of games for Cook to get some more discipline into the side, and enough time to build some confidence in time for the play offs.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:12 - Mar 20 with 2779 viewswiffin1

Exactly what I was thinking during the game, if these players aren’t motivated by cook on the sidelines they never will be. Honestly think we will be a really good side in the next few years with cook at the helm .
Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:12 - Mar 20 with 2772 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:12 - Mar 20 with 2775 viewsJ2BLUE

Cook probably can't believe the difference between the mentality of his Wigan side who survived with what was hanging over them and this utterly weak shower of sh1te we've collected here.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:14 - Mar 20 with 2745 viewsSamWhiteUK

I did keep expecting Toto to turn around with a wave and shout back "Hiya!"
Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:14 - Mar 20 with 2748 viewsstiff_talking

It was great to hear the coaches ! Unique experience. Cook got as much as he could from the squad and we shouldn’t have lost the game. Overall Pompey were fortunate to win.
Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:20 - Mar 20 with 2640 viewsKeaneish

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:12 - Mar 20 by BryanPlug

Fortuitous though I’d say. Their second shouldn’t have counted and it was a bit of brilliance from Curtis for their opener. Without Curtis, that game would have been very one sided in my view. Never been convinced by The Cowleys and I think time will tell.

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:21 - Mar 20 with 2631 viewsRomeo4

I’d take Cook over Cowley every time. If given time and backing Cook will get this turned around. Just might take a bit longer than some people might like.
Login to get fewer ads

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:29 - Mar 20 with 2566 viewsBryanPlug

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:20 - Mar 20 by Keaneish

Fortuitous though I’d say. Their second shouldn’t have counted and it was a bit of brilliance from Curtis for their opener. Without Curtis, that game would have been very one sided in my view. Never been convinced by The Cowleys and I think time will tell.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:34 - Mar 20 with 2511 viewsKeaneish

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:29 - Mar 20 by BryanPlug

I thought they looked lost first half and only when we tired and they upped the work rate did they become a threat. Would have been a great one for Downes today.

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:36 - Mar 20 with 2503 viewspointofblue

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:12 - Mar 20 by J2BLUE

Cook probably can't believe the difference between the mentality of his Wigan side who survived with what was hanging over them and this utterly weak shower of sh1te we've collected here.

To be fair his Wigan side was in a miserable run of form - they only won three matches out of 21 between 23rd October and 15th February (D8 L10). They then only lost one in thirteen (W8 D4).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:38 - Mar 20 with 2485 viewschrismakin

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:12 - Mar 20 by J2BLUE

I know it's easy to see things that arent there. But I posted a link to the players walking in earlier. Even that was depressing...

I just dont know what anyone can do to motivate this squad

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:41 - Mar 20 with 2458 viewsRadlett_blue

Those who think Portsmouth were lucky today don't seem to understand how you win football games. Town were in control for most of the first 40 minutes & were deservedly ahead, with Pompey lacking any threat. A goal from nowhere from a well taken corner & the game changed.
Pompey were the better side in the 2nd half, more on the front foot & passed the ball better. You can quibble about their goal but it wasn't against the run of play. Town's response to going behind was non existent & I doubt we had a shot on target in the 2nd half & only 2 on target in the whole game. Town didn't lose to a better team, they lost to one with a better mentality.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:46 - Mar 20 with 2428 viewsTheBoyBlue

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:38 - Mar 20 by chrismakin

I know it's easy to see things that arent there. But I posted a link to the players walking in earlier. Even that was depressing...

I just dont know what anyone can do to motivate this squad

They're clearly beyond motivation. Wilted at the first sign of résistance from Plymouth and we were left hanging on. Never wanted to play at Fleetwood even though we had a top 6 place to protect. Could've gone up to 5th with a win today, but again crumbled at the first sign that Portsmouth were fighting back. They just don't seem interested.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:48 - Mar 20 with 2401 viewschrismakin

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:46 - Mar 20 by TheBoyBlue

They're clearly beyond motivation. Wilted at the first sign of résistance from Plymouth and we were left hanging on. Never wanted to play at Fleetwood even though we had a top 6 place to protect. Could've gone up to 5th with a win today, but again crumbled at the first sign that Portsmouth were fighting back. They just don't seem interested.

I'd just love to know how many clubs in the top 6 have out of contract players in volume like we do.

Say you know you're most likely being let go at work. You're hardly going to pick up the pace for them.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:50 - Mar 20 with 2372 viewsTheBoyBlue

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:48 - Mar 20 by chrismakin

I'd just love to know how many clubs in the top 6 have out of contract players in volume like we do.

Say you know you're most likely being let go at work. You're hardly going to pick up the pace for them.

But surely it's also an opportunity to earn themselves a new contract or put themselves in the shop window. Where on Earth do they think they'll get a number ass cushy as this? Who will take any of ours on the basis of what we've seen the last couple of seasons?

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 16:08 - Mar 20 with 2288 viewschrismakin

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:50 - Mar 20 by TheBoyBlue

But surely it's also an opportunity to earn themselves a new contract or put themselves in the shop window. Where on Earth do they think they'll get a number ass cushy as this? Who will take any of ours on the basis of what we've seen the last couple of seasons?

easy though for them

" I was playing in a bad side, Lambert was in charge etc

All the players OOC will have clubs wanting them, the big difference is they wont all be in the same team!

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 16:12 - Mar 20 with 2260 viewseireblue

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:14 - Mar 20 by SamWhiteUK

I did keep expecting Toto to turn around with a wave and shout back "Hiya!"

I think the mistake PC made there was he was shouting too loud when he wanted Toto to push up.

He should’ve done an intense whisper, thus forcing Toto to get closer to hear him, sorted.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 16:13]
Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 16:26 - Mar 20 with 2182 viewsChiefXL

Oh cool, we won the game then?
Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 16:27 - Mar 20 with 2170 viewsRadlett_blue

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:50 - Mar 20 by TheBoyBlue

Some of them will find takers, although probably on lower wages & maybe a league lower e.g. Sears.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 16:50 - Mar 20 with 2088 viewshaynes_toe1

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 16:26 - Mar 20 by ChiefXL

Oh cool, we won the game then?

We know on this forum that whenever we get a new manager its not results that matter for a few months. They just need to say nice stuff.
Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 17:08 - Mar 20 with 2027 viewscooperd5

They always do seem to get the most out of what they have. But they start at Portsmouth with a better bunch than Cookie has, I think Cook will do well here, just not with this current squad.
Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 17:37 - Mar 20 with 1938 viewsNthQldITFC

Cook vs Cowleys on the mic on 15:46 - Mar 20 by TheBoyBlue

Oui monsieur.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024