Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weak performance, weak group, weak club 17:01 - Mar 27 with 1992 viewsSomethingBlue

Enjoyed the five minutes in which Dobra offered more initiative and urgency than the rest of them put together, but otherwise

Actually look, I can't be bothered. In total isolation a point is no disaster but it comes down to this: if you think we're ever going to get a tune out of this lot, or that this club is going to recover until it has a complete overhaul from top down, I'll have some of what you're on.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:02 - Mar 27 with 1957 viewsJDB23

Mad that we thought we actually had a chance of play-off's. Dreadful football club, just the absolute worst group of players. I'm done until the Summer.
Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:04 - Mar 27 with 1912 viewsBseaBlue

We just don't have the quality to score goals. All this moaning about 442 and it wouldn't make any difference if we played 5 up front!

I just hope Cook had the foresight to see this and hasn't underestimated the task at hand.
Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:05 - Mar 27 with 1890 viewsSomethingBlue

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:02 - Mar 27 by JDB23

Mad that we thought we actually had a chance of play-off's. Dreadful football club, just the absolute worst group of players. I'm done until the Summer.

No problem with them as people but I've — by some way — never had less faith in a group of ITFC players than I do in this lot.

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:07 - Mar 27 with 1855 viewsjayessess

Genuinely thought we'd see at least a modest upturn with a new manager and a winnable run of fixtures. But if we were going to put a run together, we'd be seeing it in games like today.

Here's hoping that Cook's got a very strong idea of what he wants to do in the Summer, because absolutely no way should we be looking to build anything around any of these players.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:08 - Mar 27 with 1838 viewsSomethingBlue

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:07 - Mar 27 by jayessess

Genuinely thought we'd see at least a modest upturn with a new manager and a winnable run of fixtures. But if we were going to put a run together, we'd be seeing it in games like today.

Here's hoping that Cook's got a very strong idea of what he wants to do in the Summer, because absolutely no way should we be looking to build anything around any of these players.

Accept there are two teams on the pitch but there was just no urgency out there in a game I think we had to win — except from our youngest player after he came on.

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:14 - Mar 27 with 1785 viewschicoazul

Some of us have been saying this for years.
Anyway you’re right in all regards. Compete change is needed, but the takeover is off and while Evans will back Cook as much as he can, it won’t be enough. Same as always. Time is a flat circle.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:17 - Mar 27 with 1750 viewsLankHenners

It was brought up a lot in the thread the other day but this season has been killed by a disinterested (however much he claims to 'be heavily invested') owner overseeing a club managed by a guy who had mentally checked out a year ago.

Little wonder the players look like they're going through the motions but with each passing game I'm becoming less and less bothered about any of them leaving in the summer. I have some faith in Cook to make some sort of progress once he's gutted everything out and got the players and staff in he wants but as you say without serious change at the top it could only ever be a brief McCarthy-like bump before the handcuffs behind his back catch up with him.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:18 - Mar 27 with 1725 viewsSomethingBlue

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:14 - Mar 27 by chicoazul

Some of us have been saying this for years.
Anyway you’re right in all regards. Compete change is needed, but the takeover is off and while Evans will back Cook as much as he can, it won’t be enough. Same as always. Time is a flat circle.

Rinse and repeat as long as Evans is here, yes. The excuses and downwards shift in what is acceptable with persist. It seems to infect everyone who passes through.

Login to get fewer ads

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:20 - Mar 27 with 1704 viewsSomethingBlue

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:17 - Mar 27 by LankHenners

It was brought up a lot in the thread the other day but this season has been killed by a disinterested (however much he claims to 'be heavily invested') owner overseeing a club managed by a guy who had mentally checked out a year ago.

Little wonder the players look like they're going through the motions but with each passing game I'm becoming less and less bothered about any of them leaving in the summer. I have some faith in Cook to make some sort of progress once he's gutted everything out and got the players and staff in he wants but as you say without serious change at the top it could only ever be a brief McCarthy-like bump before the handcuffs behind his back catch up with him.

Agree with all, including faith in Cook to overhaul things if afforded the resources although I just worry he's got too big a job as the entire squad needs gutting. As does the entire club. It needs to happen soon.

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:20 - Mar 27 with 1700 viewsSteve_M

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:17 - Mar 27 by LankHenners

We're looking at a Summer of Cook failing to get his main transfer targets in because of Evans' slackness and indecision. Same as has happened so many times beforehand.

Still, if Evans thought Lambert going takes the pressure off him he's mistaken. Not too late to go back to Gamechanger Marcus.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:23 - Mar 27 with 1665 viewsHackneyblueboy

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:20 - Mar 27 by Steve_M

We're looking at a Summer of Cook failing to get his main transfer targets in because of Evans' slackness and indecision. Same as has happened so many times beforehand.

Still, if Evans thought Lambert going takes the pressure off him he's mistaken. Not too late to go back to Gamechanger Marcus.

I actually wonder if us not making the playoffs makes the takover more likely. If the price is the key issue then maybe Marcus got a bit excited after our modest upturn.

He may reflect on it again and think its time to move on.
Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:24 - Mar 27 with 1657 viewsjayessess

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:08 - Mar 27 by SomethingBlue

Accept there are two teams on the pitch but there was just no urgency out there in a game I think we had to win — except from our youngest player after he came on.

One more shocking thing - the average age of our starting lineup was 29 today. There was 5 over 30s, all of whom have 100s of league games under their belts, many of them at much higher levels than this. There's an astonishing lack of character when you consider all that experience.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:24 - Mar 27 with 1650 viewstractorboy1978

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:08 - Mar 27 by SomethingBlue

Throw ins sum us up to a tee. No rush to take them, the taker ambles up and then when he does come to throw in nobody moves and they are waiting for someone else to take the risk/responsibility.

A vacuous group of characterless players that by and large I cannot wait to see the back of.
Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:35 - Mar 27 with 1557 viewsLankHenners

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:20 - Mar 27 by Steve_M

That is true, though he has seemed to back his manager in their first window (although again, both Hurst and Lambert publicly showed their frustration at business not being done quickly enough).

Plus as SB says above, it's not easy to carry out the sort of changes Cook needs and wants to make. God knows what the squad will look like come the end of the summer.

And yes, it's not hard to imagine Evans believing he's in the clear as it were (and I think Phil has suggested as much previously). Even now it's still a little tough to believe that he's genuinely this incompetent - all the reporting suggests the drifting/dissolution of the takeover is from his side rather than the buyer's which is almost staggering if we weren't used to the man. He's given an opportunity to get out before he's totally ruined everything and doesn't look like he's going to take it because he has 'the best interests of the club at heart'. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:35 - Mar 27 with 1552 viewsSomethingBlue

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:23 - Mar 27 by Hackneyblueboy

I actually wonder if us not making the playoffs makes the takover more likely. If the price is the key issue then maybe Marcus got a bit excited after our modest upturn.

He may reflect on it again and think its time to move on.

Evans is in for a bit of a rude awakening if our season fizzles out and the takeover doesn't happen, I suspect.

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:44 - Mar 27 with 1481 viewsHackneyblueboy

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:35 - Mar 27 by SomethingBlue

Evans is in for a bit of a rude awakening if our season fizzles out and the takeover doesn't happen, I suspect.

Do you think it's dead in the water or more of a impasse in negotiations? I'm hoping there is a deal to be done and they will come back to the table sooner rather than later.
Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 18:20 - Mar 27 with 1377 viewsSomethingBlue

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:44 - Mar 27 by Hackneyblueboy

Do you think it's dead in the water or more of a impasse in negotiations? I'm hoping there is a deal to be done and they will come back to the table sooner rather than later.

It's not dead.

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 18:42 - Mar 27 with 1314 viewsRadlett_blue

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:24 - Mar 27 by jayessess

One more shocking thing - the average age of our starting lineup was 29 today. There was 5 over 30s, all of whom have 100s of league games under their belts, many of them at much higher levels than this. There's an astonishing lack of character when you consider all that experience.

I think that's part of the problem, although we also played an incredibly young XI in the last weeks of Lambert. Cook hasn't generally had too many old lags in his teams so I expect a massive clear out in the summer.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 19:23 - Mar 27 with 1193 viewsmrshallisfit

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:35 - Mar 27 by LankHenners

That is true, though he has seemed to back his manager in their first window (although again, both Hurst and Lambert publicly showed their frustration at business not being done quickly enough).

Plus as SB says above, it's not easy to carry out the sort of changes Cook needs and wants to make. God knows what the squad will look like come the end of the summer.

And yes, it's not hard to imagine Evans believing he's in the clear as it were (and I think Phil has suggested as much previously). Even now it's still a little tough to believe that he's genuinely this incompetent - all the reporting suggests the drifting/dissolution of the takeover is from his side rather than the buyer's which is almost staggering if we weren't used to the man. He's given an opportunity to get out before he's totally ruined everything and doesn't look like he's going to take it because he has 'the best interests of the club at heart'. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

He is deluded I bet he thinks he is doing an ok job. The posters on here who think it is ok if he finds a solid League 1 club need to have a look at themselves.
Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 19:29 - Mar 27 with 1166 viewspatrickswell

Weak performance, weak group, weak club on 17:35 - Mar 27 by LankHenners

He can be vacuous and drifting because there are no fans to turn up the heat on him. It’s not nice to contemplate, but once we are allowed back in we need to get protests up to the level of the owner not attending for his own safety, very quickly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024