Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leaving home after years of lock down... 03:30 - Apr 15 with 1537 viewswkj

Other than essential trips to the office, I have not left the confines of my home village socially in years as a sufferer of agoraphobia. The last football game I managed to sit all the way through without leaving in a blind tiz was out 3-0 home win on April 16th 2013

Having worked with some people, and taken some advice from some on here - as well as seeing how the rest of the world has experienced lockdown - a trigger has gone off in me and I am well and truly on the road to recovery. The apex of this mission was planned tonight, as I have finally managed to do the unthinkable and book a trip to my other home.

Additionally, if anyone suffers from mental health struggles and are nervous to address it, the folks at CALM https://www.thecalmzone.net/ are one of many excellent resources.

#LookAtMe #SUQ
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 3:32]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Leaving home after years of lock down... on 08:02 - Apr 15 with 1303 viewsVic

Brilliant, well done Wkj. This totally deserves a Look at Me post. Hope it all goes well.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Leaving home after years of lock down... on 08:50 - Apr 15 with 1241 viewsGuthrum

Good stuff. Will pass on the CALM number to a mate of mine who is currently suffering a debilitating condition and doesn't feel it's worth carrying on if his life is going to be like that long term. He could do with the extra support.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Leaving home after years of lock down... on 08:56 - Apr 15 with 1223 viewsDebsyAngel

Thank you for posting that, and well done to you for what you are doing.

I will note this website/phone number as think I will be needing it myself, if not today, then soon.

More and more news and just do not know what to believe anymore, but cannot see how life will ever be normal for me again.

Best of luck WKJ and take care.
Leaving home after years of lock down... on 09:01 - Apr 15 with 1209 viewsBlueAlex

I've seen such a huge increase in referrals over this period. It's just been so hard, for so many.

I love seeing positives like this as another reminder of what people can achieve. Thanks for sharing. Having a goal like you have now is such a great thing to put in place, and is something that often needs a lot of work to get to planning.

CALM are great too.

Keep going...
Leaving home after years of lock down... on 09:17 - Apr 15 with 1181 viewsclive_baker

Well done you. It's not something I know too much about but cant even begin to imagine how debilitating it must be, and things that people very much take for granted like travel and visiting family and friends in different areas.

What a choice of destination too by the way, quality city.

All the best with your continued recovery wkj

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Leaving home after years of lock down... on 09:21 - Apr 15 with 1155 viewsnoggin

Wishing you al the best with this, clearly, huge step for you.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Leaving home after years of lock down... on 09:32 - Apr 15 with 1134 viewsLeaky

Hope your life goes well
Leaving home after years of lock down... on 09:36 - Apr 15 with 1124 viewshype313

Wishing you all the best and hope you push through this and enjoy your trip.

One positive you can take is that if you are going to miss 7 years of Football at PR, you have picked the best 7 years!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Leaving home after years of lock down... on 10:33 - Apr 15 with 1040 viewsfactual_blue

All the best, and be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Leaving home after years of lock down... on 12:00 - Apr 15 with 984 viewswkj

Cheers all :) I will be sure to take Cleaner with me for his lovely holiday stories.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Leaving home after years of lock down... on 14:11 - Apr 15 with 885 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wow, I had no idea. Well done for taking the leap.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Leaving home after years of lock down... on 19:25 - Apr 15 with 766 viewsronnyd

Wow, that's one hell of a step there mate. All the very best to you.
Leaving home after years of lock down... on 19:33 - Apr 15 with 753 viewsm14_blue

Inspirational mate, you’ll have an incredible time and you deserve every second of it.
Leaving home after years of lock down... on 21:08 - Apr 15 with 673 viewsArnoldMoorhen

That is f***ing excellent! Well done!

Airports aren't the easiest of places, so can I suggest you prepare for that by going to a big shopping mall or a busy railway station in the weeks ahead of your trip?

But that's a great effort from you, and really good to make a firm commitment by booking something in the mid-term time frame to give yourself chance to prepare.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024