Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads 19:53 - Apr 20 with 2071 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

YAWN

He’s the right man for the job.. he wants this season done as much as we do. New owners have got this sorted. Just everyone relax and look forward to the ride.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 19:54 - Apr 20 with 1193 viewspointofblue

Yeah... swear we said the same about Lambert too.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 19:55 - Apr 20 with 1182 viewsBluefish

He is deliberately losing? Is that what you are saying?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 19:56 - Apr 20 with 1162 viewschrismakin

I'm a PC fan

BUT Mcguiness!!!????!!!!????!!!!!????!!!!???

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 19:58 - Apr 20 with 1143 viewsDanTheMan

He obviously gets way more time than the back end of this season but I think people are very valid in being critical of him at the moment.

We've actually gone backwards which I didn't think was possible.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 19:58 - Apr 20 with 1126 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'll be happy once the evidence starts to match the faith. Otherwise it's just a cult.

Let's see. He certainly needs time, but he's still got it all to prove. I don't see how anyone can be convinced either way at this point in time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:01 - Apr 20 with 1100 viewschrismakin

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 19:58 - Apr 20 by DanTheMan

He obviously gets way more time than the back end of this season but I think people are very valid in being critical of him at the moment.

The last 2 jobs PC had at this level, he took over in May, not midseason...

Maybe he's tried to change to much and he doesn't actually know how to manage someone elses squad......

Xmas is the right time to Judge, as he would have had a window and his squad to manage

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:05 - Apr 20 with 1063 viewshaynes_toe1

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 19:55 - Apr 20 by Bluefish

You're not allowed to criticise recently appointed managers. He could have literally come out after the first 5 abysmal performances and said "Lol, I'm a nodge fan and just doing this on a wind up" and our fans would be on here crying "Wait, give him a chance, he needs time".

We've looked absolutely dreadful under him. We've got worse and worse as it's gone on and we're now comfortably worse than we were under Lambert, who was p**s poor himself.
Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:05 - Apr 20 with 1059 viewsFunge

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 19:58 - Apr 20 by DanTheMan

PC gets a summer, and a transfer window; he has to - as desperate as it is, I honestly think that the rot goes terribly deep here...

Every single striker can leave, as can all the loanees and both keepers. None of them are footballers.

That's a shed-load of work, before one even makes judgment calls on pretty much all the remaining players apart from Downes and KVY.

But, my god, he has to hit the ground running next year. It's been desperate so far, and, fair or not, PC is losing the groundswell of positivity his arrival brought forth.

As you say, it's some effort to make this shower of crap look even worse.
Login to get fewer ads

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:06 - Apr 20 with 1028 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 19:54 - Apr 20 by pointofblue

Yeah... swear we said the same about Lambert too.

Ridiculous comparison. Lambert was a serial failure before he came here. Cook has succeeded every he has gone. You don’t become a bad manager overnight.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:07 - Apr 20 with 1023 viewsTractorCam

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:05 - Apr 20 by haynes_toe1

You're not allowed to criticise recently appointed managers. He could have literally come out after the first 5 abysmal performances and said "Lol, I'm a nodge fan and just doing this on a wind up" and our fans would be on here crying "Wait, give him a chance, he needs time".

We've looked absolutely dreadful under him. We've got worse and worse as it's gone on and we're now comfortably worse than we were under Lambert, who was p**s poor himself.

You raise a valid point. Sack him now and get McGreal in for the final 4 matches to see if we can get in the play-offs.

Obviously if we don't get promoted, sack him too!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:07 - Apr 20 with 1017 viewsBluefish

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:05 - Apr 20 by haynes_toe1

Pretty sure the last bloke did that and they sung his name for 90 minutes and said he had a free hit

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:07 - Apr 20 with 1008 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 19:55 - Apr 20 by Bluefish

Nope. The players cannot play the football that he has had success with. He tried to make it easier for them, they couldn’t do it. Let him buy players who fit his system

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:10 - Apr 20 with 973 viewshaynes_toe1

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:07 - Apr 20 by TractorCam

You raise a valid point. Sack him now and get McGreal in for the final 4 matches to see if we can get in the play-offs.

Obviously if we don't get promoted, sack him too!

I think we just need a manager who's not called Paul.

Let's go for a Gary. Any Gary. Gary the f**king snail from Spongebob would be a step up.
Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:13 - Apr 20 with 960 viewsVic

It’s a terrible, terrible start. I’m perplexed that he wasn’t able to secure even the slightest upturn in the first few matches. Why was that? I’ve no idea. The players didn’t like Lambert (from all accounts) and Cook it seems was pretty gentle with them to start with. I really did expect some sort of bounce.

I’m prepared to give him this season, but this awful start has cost him a lot of goodwill and he needs to get it right quickly at the start of next season of he’ll be out.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:16 - Apr 20 with 935 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:13 - Apr 20 by Vic

It’s a terrible, terrible start. I’m perplexed that he wasn’t able to secure even the slightest upturn in the first few matches. Why was that? I’ve no idea. The players didn’t like Lambert (from all accounts) and Cook it seems was pretty gentle with them to start with. I really did expect some sort of bounce.

I’m prepared to give him this season, but this awful start has cost him a lot of goodwill and he needs to get it right quickly at the start of next season of he’ll be out.

I’m not saying the start is ideal.

But I find it very hard to put any blame on Paul Cook. I criticised Lambert heavily in that relegation season because he wasn’t a good manager. Cook is a top manager. He’s the best we can get, that’s what I believe. I am incredibly confident he will get it right next season. He just needs player who fit the system that has brought him so much success

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:17 - Apr 20 with 925 viewsgazzer1999

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:06 - Apr 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

Ridiculous comparison. Lambert was a serial failure before he came here. Cook has succeeded every he has gone. You don’t become a bad manager overnight.

Well he is giving it a good go at it.
Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:17 - Apr 20 with 925 viewsBlueschev

The players appear to have downed tools. Given that below par performances have been tolerated for more than two years, along with talk of “the best squad in league”, I’m not entirely surprised their feathers have been ruffled. They’re pampered under performers who have achieved nothing for the club.

I’m disappointed Cook hasn’t got more out of them than he has, but I’d say it says less about his managerial skill and more about the shambles that has been “built” since relegation.
Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:21 - Apr 20 with 892 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:17 - Apr 20 by gazzer1999

Well he is giving it a good go at it.

Amazing the amount of fans who want things to go wrong for him

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:21 - Apr 20 with 886 viewsbrogansnose

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:05 - Apr 20 by Funge

PC gets a summer, and a transfer window; he has to - as desperate as it is, I honestly think that the rot goes terribly deep here...

Every single striker can leave, as can all the loanees and both keepers. None of them are footballers.

That's a shed-load of work, before one even makes judgment calls on pretty much all the remaining players apart from Downes and KVY.

But, my god, he has to hit the ground running next year. It's been desperate so far, and, fair or not, PC is losing the groundswell of positivity his arrival brought forth.

As you say, it's some effort to make this shower of crap look even worse.

If there's going to be a pot of money to spend in the Summer, is Cook the man to spend it ?
Perhaps I'm thinking too much of the last bloke who emptied the bank account on promotion buys but he's really not helping himself here right now.
Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:23 - Apr 20 with 876 viewsTractorCam

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:21 - Apr 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

The amount of fans putting more blame on a very successful manager over a consistently failing squad is very weird.

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:24 - Apr 20 with 868 viewsTractorCam

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:10 - Apr 20 by haynes_toe1

I think we just need a manager who's not called Paul.

Let's go for a Gary. Any Gary. Gary the f**king snail from Spongebob would be a step up.

Gary Roberts with Cook as assistant?

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:26 - Apr 20 with 845 viewsgazzer1999

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:21 - Apr 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

Missing the point, we all want to win and last time I looked we were getting beat again. How do you go from winning games and getting back into the playoff positions and then with an easy run in blowing it. Who's fault is that? If you answer the players then it was their fault when Lambo was here as well.
Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:26 - Apr 20 with 840 viewschrismakin

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:23 - Apr 20 by TractorCam

The amount of fans putting more blame on a very successful manager over a consistently failing squad is very weird.

It's incredible really

already this half, we've seen wolfy pass a 5 yard ball out of play
dobra passing a 5 yard ball out of play
kvy miss a sitter

yet it's Cooks fault

Not being able to play 5 yard balls is a massive problem of the club, game after game it happens, better players wont do that, players Cook hasn't been able to do yet

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:29 - Apr 20 with 813 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:26 - Apr 20 by gazzer1999

Missing the point, we all want to win and last time I looked we were getting beat again. How do you go from winning games and getting back into the playoff positions and then with an easy run in blowing it. Who's fault is that? If you answer the players then it was their fault when Lambo was here as well.

I think it was partly the players fault when Lambert was here but the difference was Lambert don’t know how he wanted to play. He didn’t have a system a style.

Paul cook has one, and it’s served him well his whole managerial career. These players cannot give Paul Cook what we he wanted. He wants full backs that bomb on. He doesn’t have that. 2 all action midfielders, he doesn’t have that. A proper creative number 10, he doesn’t have that. Two quality Wingers, who create chances. Doesn’t have that.

So he changed his formation and it still didn’t work. I genuinely can’t see what more he can do

Are we going to have another evening of Paul Cook threads on 20:30 - Apr 20 with 797 viewshaynes_toe1

Such a weak response when you don't have an actual answer. I've not seen one person on here with any desire for Cook to fail.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024