Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone criticising Paul Cook 20:23 - Apr 5 with 2568 viewsMaySixth

knows absolutely nothing about football and is a complete idiot

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:28 - Apr 5 with 2179 viewssaffers12

Agreed
Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:28 - Apr 5 with 2178 viewschrismakin

Cant believe there are people on social media comparing him to hurst

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:32 - Apr 5 with 2147 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:28 - Apr 5 by chrismakin

Cant believe there are people on social media comparing him to hurst

Did you see my post blaming this on Evans? Do you agree?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:37 - Apr 5 with 2119 viewsTrequartista

I think he is not beyond criticism, just because he has a bad hand, just like Lambert shouldn't have been given a free pass when he took over from Hurst.

At the moment he has lost more games than he has won, as opposed to Lambert who won more than he lost with more players injured, so he has made a bad start, perhaps thinking he had a great squad and all he needed to do was galvanise it.

No big deal though, he should be given time, and we will see next season what he can do, and credit at least fornot trolling the fans by saying something is good when it isn't.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:37 - Apr 5 with 2109 viewschrismakin

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:32 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

Did you see my post blaming this on Evans? Do you agree?

No havent seen it. Which one.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:40 - Apr 5 with 2071 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:37 - Apr 5 by chrismakin

No havent seen it. Which one.

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook by J2BLUE 5 Apr 2021 17:59
I think you're right. Must be a culture shock for them after Lambert's excuses and complete lack of professionalism.

Cook badly needs a transfer window. I know certain posters think im obsessed but objectively, the blame must surely be with Evans?

Five year deal when form had fallen off a cliff, about six months (conservatively) late to get rid of Lambert and then doubled down wit four expensive loans in January. Cook should have been in at the latest on January 2nd. Instead we've handed him a thankless task and the biggest shambles squad in our history.

Truly impaired.

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:45 - Apr 5 with 2043 viewschrismakin

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:40 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

I can only think some of the players haven't taken to Cook by J2BLUE 5 Apr 2021 17:59
I think you're right. Must be a culture shock for them after Lambert's excuses and complete lack of professionalism.

Cook badly needs a transfer window. I know certain posters think im obsessed but objectively, the blame must surely be with Evans?

Five year deal when form had fallen off a cliff, about six months (conservatively) late to get rid of Lambert and then doubled down wit four expensive loans in January. Cook should have been in at the latest on January 2nd. Instead we've handed him a thankless task and the biggest shambles squad in our history.

Tbh. I've agreed with that for a while especially the timing of Lamberts sacking. ( that's the part of me where I've said I agree that Evan's has made mistakes)

I wouldn't have bothered with a manager change once the window changed tbh. It's done nothing but hurt the new manager and it squandered any chance of a season ticket bounce.

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:46 - Apr 5 with 2037 viewsnshearman1

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:37 - Apr 5 by Trequartista

I think he is not beyond criticism, just because he has a bad hand, just like Lambert shouldn't have been given a free pass when he took over from Hurst.

At the moment he has lost more games than he has won, as opposed to Lambert who won more than he lost with more players injured, so he has made a bad start, perhaps thinking he had a great squad and all he needed to do was galvanise it.

No big deal though, he should be given time, and we will see next season what he can do, and credit at least fornot trolling the fans by saying something is good when it isn't.

Totally agree with this balanced view. We all like PC, want him to succeed, like what he says, but right now in terms of the games he's delivered, we haven't seen any positive change. Hopefully that will come, and certainly in the summer when, pray God, we have been taken over.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:48 - Apr 5 with 2015 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:45 - Apr 5 by chrismakin

Tbh. I've agreed with that for a while especially the timing of Lamberts sacking. ( that's the part of me where I've said I agree that Evan's has made mistakes)

I wouldn't have bothered with a manager change once the window changed tbh. It's done nothing but hurt the new manager and it squandered any chance of a season ticket bounce.

Yea that's fair enough. To sign four expensive loanees and then change the manager was incredibly odd.

Truly impaired.

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 21:22 - Apr 5 with 1884 viewsITFC_Jenx

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:48 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

Yea that's fair enough. To sign four expensive loanees and then change the manager was incredibly odd.

Evans could have saved our season if he had brought Cook in before January. Gut feeling is that he would have stuck with Lambert if he hadn't kept shooting his mouth off.

It's fair to compare Cook and Hurst in the sense that both have had to abandon their preferred system due to player inability to fit that system.

However, Cook has a transfer window and most likely won't recruit almost entirely from the league below where we are competing. Can get away with ripping up the squad in L1,
not so much in the Championship.

Just want to get to the summer so I can get excited by some new signings.
Hey I’m a blue goggled rabid Cook fan boy... but those two performances this.. on 21:29 - Apr 5 with 1851 viewsunstableblue

.... Bank Holiday weekend are incredibly worrying.

Players look like strangers, there are zero patterns of play, the glass jaw confidence of the players seems now smashed to bits.

I do agree with the point that these relegation struggling teams are raising their games and their press has been a challenge - but we can’t string two passes together.

There is no progress, regression.

I’m full supporting Cook, but any fan has a right to be concerned after that performance. It was that bad. Shocking.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Hey I’m a blue goggled rabid Cook fan boy... but those two performances this.. on 21:35 - Apr 5 with 1806 viewsgtsb1966

Hey I’m a blue goggled rabid Cook fan boy... but those two performances this.. on 21:29 - Apr 5 by unstableblue

.... Bank Holiday weekend are incredibly worrying.

Players look like strangers, there are zero patterns of play, the glass jaw confidence of the players seems now smashed to bits.

I do agree with the point that these relegation struggling teams are raising their games and their press has been a challenge - but we can’t string two passes together.

There is no progress, regression.

I’m full supporting Cook, but any fan has a right to be concerned after that performance. It was that bad. Shocking.

They are not worrying at all. We have a lot of players who aren't good enough and out of contract. These players will be gone by the time we kick off in August. I have every faith that come next season we'll have a far better and far more entertaining Ipswich side. I'm quite happy to write this season off now play offs or no play offs. It's all about next season.
Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 21:37 - Apr 5 with 1795 viewsGeorge03

Agreed.
Someone pointed it out on Twitter earlier but look at those down the road. Farker wasn’t exactly doing that well before he was able to make his own singings. Even after one transfer window they still finished midtable.
Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 22:12 - Apr 5 with 1688 views26_Paz

Jury is still out for me. Yes, he needs time and transfer windows. No, the standard of performance today is quite simply not acceptable ...

The Paz Man

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 22:46 - Apr 5 with 1583 viewsrgp1

I believe Cook himself said judge him 10 games into next season which is fair enough given that we will almost certainly be in this league next season. However he is serving up platitudes on a weekly basis ( although I guess he has to say something) but he is not and should not be immune from criticism, as many have said we appear to have gone backwards.

Cook says he is a fan. No first and foremost he is the manager of ITFC and that comes first. Changing systems and players to suit the fans just because people want ' 2 up top' is a one way ticket to ruin.
Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 02:04 - Apr 6 with 1429 viewsgreyhound

I've just watched talking town from todays Post match... I've got to be honest they discuss that Paul Cook needs some accountability. I partially agree but his post game is never shy of the truth, something lambert was disastous for.

I don't think it's wrong to ask what on earth is happening in the training ground and how the heck does it transpose to these performances.

It would be mad to say he's the wrong man, some deep questions on what's going on at the club wouldn't harm. Right now it looks and feels like it's summer and no one us playing for their paycheck
Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 02:09 - Apr 6 with 1421 viewschrismakin

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 02:04 - Apr 6 by greyhound

I've just watched talking town from todays Post match... I've got to be honest they discuss that Paul Cook needs some accountability. I partially agree but his post game is never shy of the truth, something lambert was disastous for.

I don't think it's wrong to ask what on earth is happening in the training ground and how the heck does it transpose to these performances.

It would be mad to say he's the wrong man, some deep questions on what's going on at the club wouldn't harm. Right now it looks and feels like it's summer and no one us playing for their paycheck

Post game comments don't mean alot, and I did moan when no players wanted to do a post match interview

however

We have gone to Rochdale who have shipped in 69 goals, 38 of those at home and yet we have Judge telling us, " it's a difficult place to come"

You know, i would happily see us lose a game 7-3 at the moment, just to see us score 3 goals and take a game to the opposition, cleansheets etc mean buger all at the moment, the players are so scared to make a mistake, they won't take any risks. We barely shoot from distance and we rely on our set pieces way to much.

There was a brief piece of excitement in this game, when Jackson attempted 2 backheels. Neither came off, but christ, it was something different.

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:02 - Apr 6 with 1119 viewsrgp1

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 02:04 - Apr 6 by greyhound

With regard to playing for a paycheck, imagine the scenario, you get paid a big old wedge for a company you have been with for a number of years when all of a sudden your boss says you are out the door at the end of june with little prospect of finding other employment.

Would you bother doing much until the end of June? Maybe a number of players already know they are on borrowed time, and the facts tell us that around 26 players are out of contract.

Players and managers talk and I wouldn't mind betting that there will be more than 1 or 2 arrivals from Cooks previous clubs.
Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:15 - Apr 6 with 1083 viewsjas0999

If anything, Cook has quickly identified the problem. This squad isn’t good enough. Low. Quality.

The question as usual is whether the somewhat pitiful Owner will back Cook.
Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 00:01 - Apr 7 with 938 viewschrismakin

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:02 - Apr 6 by rgp1

With regard to playing for a paycheck, imagine the scenario, you get paid a big old wedge for a company you have been with for a number of years when all of a sudden your boss says you are out the door at the end of june with little prospect of finding other employment.

Would you bother doing much until the end of June? Maybe a number of players already know they are on borrowed time, and the facts tell us that around 26 players are out of contract.

Players and managers talk and I wouldn't mind betting that there will be more than 1 or 2 arrivals from Cooks previous clubs.

Personally, I think this is the exact reason why we are not seeing anything at all from the squad, there is literally no reason for the majority of them to be bothered if we get into the playoffs, there don't even need to care if we win or lose, they get paid the same regardless. 90% of them probably already have their next clubs already sorted.

PC has already probably already identified his team for next season

Evans should never have made the change once the window had passed, he ruined any chance we had of finishing on a high as we could have at least had maybe 2/3 Cook players in who may have been able to positively effect games.

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 00:15 - Apr 7 with 931 viewswkj

Mostly true, but he is not immune to fault. Rushing KVY back was a really poor decision and we knew it was before he did it

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 00:21 - Apr 7 with 924 viewschrismakin

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 00:15 - Apr 7 by wkj

Mostly true, but he is not immune to fault. Rushing KVY back was a really poor decision and we knew it was before he did it

Difficult one though, on one hand I thought too it was too soon, but clearly someone gave the go ahead. And Toto and Wilson both returned out of the blue ( Albeit different injuries of course) the fact he's likely back this week shows it wasn't to much of an issue and if that recent injury was as bad as it gets... that's not a bad return as small niggles is normal for long term returnees.

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 01:49 - Apr 7 with 874 viewswkj

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 00:21 - Apr 7 by chrismakin

Difficult one though, on one hand I thought too it was too soon, but clearly someone gave the go ahead. And Toto and Wilson both returned out of the blue ( Albeit different injuries of course) the fact he's likely back this week shows it wasn't to much of an issue and if that recent injury was as bad as it gets... that's not a bad return as small niggles is normal for long term returnees.

Not in the slightest bit difficult, he said himself it was a risk when selecting him - and the risk was with a predictable outcome. Im not turning on Cook, but when he makes an unforced error, we shouldn't just pretend it didn't happen

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 01:54 - Apr 7 with 872 viewschrismakin

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 01:49 - Apr 7 by wkj

Not in the slightest bit difficult, he said himself it was a risk when selecting him - and the risk was with a predictable outcome. Im not turning on Cook, but when he makes an unforced error, we shouldn't just pretend it didn't happen

Didn't see him saying that tbh so yeah i agree then if that's the case.

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 02:02 - Apr 7 with 864 viewsTieDyedIn95

Anyone criticising Paul Cook on 20:37 - Apr 5 by Trequartista

The sad thing is had Lambert been appointed instead of Hurst that summer I don't expect he'd have taken us down at all. He'd have never brought in dregs of League One and Two in Toto, Janoi, Nolan, Edwards, Harrison, Jackson and Roberts while axing a largely Championship squad. We had an average League One side before we even dropped. What sort of war chest was Lambert given to keep us up? A couple of injured players in Judge and Keane (loan) and Colin Quaner (loan). Yeah, Evans threw the kitchen sink at that campaign didn't he... nobody gave a sh1t at the club that season and I am not sure many do now. I back Cook 100% but fear he won't be here as long as required.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024