Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edwards 13:21 - Apr 21 with 3732 viewsBlueNomad

One player who is clearly not "downing tools." He looks like he really wants a new contract and is working hard. (Not saying he is playing really well but in every other way he stands out at the moment) Toto looks the same when he is playing.
Edwards on 13:26 - Apr 21 with 3103 viewsitfcpaul

it's no good wanting a contract when your ability to run with the ball, take on a defender, cross the ball and work had when not in possession aren't there

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Edwards on 13:30 - Apr 21 with 3059 viewsHerbivore

Last night was his best performance in a while, but I still find him frustrating. He has the ability to sometimes do difficult stuff really well and then completely fluff the most basic stuff like trapping a ball and passing to a teammate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Edwards on 13:36 - Apr 21 with 3005 viewsBlueNomad

Edwards on 13:26 - Apr 21 by itfcpaul

it's no good wanting a contract when your ability to run with the ball, take on a defender, cross the ball and work had when not in possession aren't there

That is what I was saying. So many people have allegedly "downed tools" etc but that cannot be levelled at him. I was talking about end product etc.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 13:36]
Edwards on 13:39 - Apr 21 with 2971 viewsitfcpaul

Edwards on 13:36 - Apr 21 by BlueNomad

That is what I was saying. So many people have allegedly "downed tools" etc but that cannot be levelled at him. I was talking about end product etc.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 13:36]

I think unless you can actually do what you are supposed to do there is no point, I could try really hard, but have no ability to doing anything useful

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Edwards on 14:03 - Apr 21 with 2859 viewsBluefish

Edwards on 13:30 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

Last night was his best performance in a while, but I still find him frustrating. He has the ability to sometimes do difficult stuff really well and then completely fluff the most basic stuff like trapping a ball and passing to a teammate.

One of his best in a town shirt. Probably worthy of 3 or 4 out of 10

He retention would have been horrific still but he almost hit the target with a shot and had 1 successful cross. Definitely one of his better games
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 14:06]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Edwards on 14:10 - Apr 21 with 2812 viewsHerbivore

Edwards on 14:03 - Apr 21 by Bluefish

One of his best in a town shirt. Probably worthy of 3 or 4 out of 10

He retention would have been horrific still but he almost hit the target with a shot and had 1 successful cross. Definitely one of his better games
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 14:06]

EADT gave him 6 out of 10, which I'd say was about right.

Edwards on 14:11 - Apr 21 with 2803 viewsPJH

Edwards on 13:30 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

First one that was anything like a good performance since October I think.

It probably looked better than it actually was last night because most of the others were so poor.
[Redacted] on 14:13 - Apr 21 with 2796 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Login to get fewer ads

Edwards on 14:13 - Apr 21 with 2778 viewsBluefish

Edwards on 14:10 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

Not sure if you have noticed before but the eadt are pretty hopeless. They are like gwion, lots of effort but no quality at all. I am yet to see them read a game right. Many of their Lambert assessments were hilarious and their match ratings are bizarre

Edwards on 14:15 - Apr 21 with 2754 viewsBluefish

Edwards on 14:11 - Apr 21 by PJH

First one that was anything like a good performance since October I think.

It probably looked better than it actually was last night because most of the others were so poor.

His only good appearance was Blackpool but that is heavily skewed by the goals. Last night was next best but still average at very best. He is hopeless but many have egg on their face over him so will still fight it

Edwards on 14:19 - Apr 21 with 2737 viewsPJH

Edwards on 14:15 - Apr 21 by Bluefish

His only good appearance was Blackpool but that is heavily skewed by the goals. Last night was next best but still average at very best. He is hopeless but many have egg on their face over him so will still fight it

Yes that Blackpool game was his good game but in the previous two seasons he has had two good games each season so last night was probably his second one.
[Redacted] on 14:20 - Apr 21 with 2731 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Edwards on 14:20 - Apr 21 with 2727 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Edwards on 14:21 - Apr 21 with 2713 viewslongtimefan

Edwards on 14:10 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

Thought that was about right too and damming that it was the best mark of a Town player last night. Thought their marking of Ward was a bit harsh, as I thought he worked hard all game and tried to go forward. Not sure I’d have given Downes more than the 3 like most of the others got, as to me he appeared completely uninterested and played few positive balls. Thought giving Dobra second top mark was completely wrong, he was as woeful as most of the others last night.
Edwards on 14:26 - Apr 21 with 2667 viewsBluefish

[Redacted] on 14:20 - Apr 21 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Judging by his touch i would have seen the bruises on her face

Edwards on 14:27 - Apr 21 with 2667 viewsChocorange

Edwards on 14:21 - Apr 21 by longtimefan

Thought that was about right too and damming that it was the best mark of a Town player last night. Thought their marking of Ward was a bit harsh, as I thought he worked hard all game and tried to go forward. Not sure I’d have given Downes more than the 3 like most of the others got, as to me he appeared completely uninterested and played few positive balls. Thought giving Dobra second top mark was completely wrong, he was as woeful as most of the others last night.

Agree , Downes looked disinterested Dobra ineffectual , same as pretty much everyone else .

I do think Kenlock would cross better than Ward though , crossing is not Wards strength , some poor low crosses that hit the first man even when we had the 2 big lumps on at the end.
Edwards on 14:27 - Apr 21 with 2658 viewsBluefish

Edwards on 14:21 - Apr 21 by longtimefan

6/10 for a creative winger that managed 1 successful cross, 0 shots on target and probably had a 60% at best retention rate

How low we have sunk

Edwards on 14:30 - Apr 21 with 2649 viewsBlueandTruesince82

He does want a new contract.....at a championship club

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Edwards on 14:30 - Apr 21 with 2641 viewsTieDyedIn95

He was decent at Peterborough and looked half decent when he first joined, and I agree once of our better players so maybe he will survive the summer.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Edwards on 18:18 - Apr 21 with 2373 viewsLetchworth_Blue

Edwards on 14:30 - Apr 21 by TieDyedIn95

He was decent at Peterborough and looked half decent when he first joined, and I agree once of our better players so maybe he will survive the summer.

He was cr8p along with the other players that took to the pitch. He could not pass, tackle, create, or shoot. Utter garbage.
Edwards on 18:25 - Apr 21 with 2347 viewsHerbivore

Edwards on 18:18 - Apr 21 by Letchworth_Blue

He was cr8p along with the other players that took to the pitch. He could not pass, tackle, create, or shoot. Utter garbage.

He hit the post from 30 yards and set up our other chance where we hit the bar. He didn't exactly tear it up but he did okay and was better than his teammates.

Edwards on 18:27 - Apr 21 with 2335 viewsBent_double

Edwards on 14:30 - Apr 21 by TieDyedIn95

Assuming Posh get promoted, I can see him going back there in the summer.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Edwards on 19:44 - Apr 21 with 2193 viewsITFC_96

His decision making is pretty poor. I find he hogs the ball often and ends up losing it after running into traffic.
[Redacted] on 20:00 - Apr 21 with 2148 viewsvictorywilhappen

Edwards on 19:44 - Apr 21 by ITFC_96

His decision making is pretty poor. I find he hogs the ball often and ends up losing it after running into traffic.

[Redacted]
Edwards on 20:06 - Apr 21 with 2127 viewsCheltenham_Blue

[Redacted] on 14:13 - Apr 21 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

How do you know no one praised him or said good effort? All I could hear was shouting and very loud clapping from the bench.

You're literally inventing something out of nothing here.

I think we are dog sh it, but christ, theres no suggestion that the squad don't get on, quite the opposite in fact from what I see on the pitch. They just don't work very well as a team.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024