Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? 10:20 - May 9 with 1043 viewsPinewoodblue

No doubt social care and leveling up will feature but what else would you like to see included?

I would like to see legislation that makes media responsible if they permit themselves to be used to promote scams. Make the likes of google, or Facebook, accountable if they permit their platforms to be used to promote scams of any sort.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 10:24 - May 9 with 1028 viewsfooters

Not sure I can see 'boris' and his merry band of Brexiteers clamping down on misinformation somehow.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 10:25 - May 9 with 1022 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I'd like to hear "My government will introduce a bill to abolish the monarchy."

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 10:32 - May 9 with 993 viewsKeno

I think she should go modern and 'rap it' with Charles doing a beat box on the woolpack

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 10:57 - May 9 with 966 viewsHARRY10

it appears that the much heralded 'levelling up' is to be put on the back burner for now - that will not come as any surprise to a good few many

"Boris Johnson is set to admit that his plans for investment to “level up” disadvantaged areas of the country will be hit by the need for additional spending to help the NHS to recover from the coronavirus pandemic "

Something it appears Johnson only discovered AFTER the campaigning in Hartlepool closed. Still, at least there is growing investment elsewhere.

Well not if it is transport, as

"

"TfN’s total planned funding allocation from the DfT is due to fall from around £101 million in 2020/21 to £81 million in 2021/22, so a fall of 20%."

https://fullfact.org/economy/transport-for-north-budget/

odd how that was not spoken of in Hartlepool either
Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 15:20 - May 9 with 890 viewsfactual_blue

Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 10:32 - May 9 by Keno

I think she should go modern and 'rap it' with Charles doing a beat box on the woolpack

I was hoping for Catherine, Beatrice and Eugenie delivering the speech through the medium of modern dance.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 15:58 - May 9 with 863 viewsHARRY10

Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 15:20 - May 9 by factual_blue

I was hoping for Catherine, Beatrice and Eugenie delivering the speech through the medium of modern dance.

would much prefer Charles signalling it by semaphore

he might have to tie his lugs back first
Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 15:58 - May 9 with 859 viewswkj

Probably that Pizza Express is being issued the Royal Charter.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 16:13 - May 9 with 841 viewsHARRY10

Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 15:58 - May 9 by wkj

Probably that Pizza Express is being issued the Royal Charter.

Woking

how long before that becomes a verb ?

and no jokes about Andrew liking them thin and crispy
Login to get fewer ads

Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 17:18 - May 9 with 786 viewsJamestownPrince

Announcing that Luke Chambers is joining Notts County as player / coach
Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 17:42 - May 9 with 763 viewssolemio

The Queen will be in Parliament?
Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 06:13 - May 10 with 659 viewsHARRY10

Another lie

"Johnson saying in his first speech as PM in July 2019: “We will fix the crisis in social care once and for all - with a clear plan we have prepared."

Suggesting the plan was already in place, and with no acknowledgement who had caused that crisis in the first place. And as with the shelving of the 'levelling up' nonsense, this has been kicked down the road, as with Gove's comments

“That plan will be unveiled later this year”

Hopefully it will not be as a year ago, where it was one of sending the elderly back to care homes to infect others, and succumb themselves
Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 07:18 - May 10 with 624 viewsElephantintheRoom

Load of waffle that will appeal to the minority who elected them. Most of the waffle has been waffled before and not acted on - socail care which the tories destroyed will somehow be a priority, the NHS which the tories have kneecapped through Brexit will be a prioiry, tbe police will get a small fraction of the money that hase been denied them, International law will be broken on immigration - something the unwashed feel the tories are 'very strong' on despite being extremely weak. Planning laws will be relaxed to enable corruption in local and national government - and build loads of houses for people to buy who wont actually live in them.... and yet more money will be flung at the Jimmies to show them how much my government cares

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 07:47 - May 10 with 597 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Come on, who had "Address a non-existent voter fraud problem by introducing voter ID cards" in the draw?
[Post edited 10 May 2021 8:55]

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 08:46 - May 10 with 563 viewsOldsmoker

Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 10:25 - May 9 by Tangledupin_Blue

I'd like to hear "My government will introduce a bill to abolish the monarchy."

We won't be hearing "My husband and I...."

Too soon?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 09:06 - May 10 with 549 viewsSwansea_Blue

Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 10:57 - May 9 by HARRY10

it appears that the much heralded 'levelling up' is to be put on the back burner for now - that will not come as any surprise to a good few many

"Boris Johnson is set to admit that his plans for investment to “level up” disadvantaged areas of the country will be hit by the need for additional spending to help the NHS to recover from the coronavirus pandemic "

Something it appears Johnson only discovered AFTER the campaigning in Hartlepool closed. Still, at least there is growing investment elsewhere.

Well not if it is transport, as

"

"TfN’s total planned funding allocation from the DfT is due to fall from around £101 million in 2020/21 to £81 million in 2021/22, so a fall of 20%."

https://fullfact.org/economy/transport-for-north-budget/

odd how that was not spoken of in Hartlepool either

It being massively over blown in any case. Even before these hints that it will be cut, these levelling up funds were going to be a fraction of the money that was made available through EU structural funds. Plus Westminster are going straight to the councils and cutting out the devolved governments and their priorities. It's just a political tool.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 09:41 - May 10 with 536 viewsPinewoodblue

Queen’s speech Tuesday…any expectations? on 09:06 - May 10 by Swansea_Blue

It being massively over blown in any case. Even before these hints that it will be cut, these levelling up funds were going to be a fraction of the money that was made available through EU structural funds. Plus Westminster are going straight to the councils and cutting out the devolved governments and their priorities. It's just a political tool.

Most political tools, regardless of party, are overrated.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024