Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ippy looks set to bid for city status then 20:14 - Jun 8 with 1638 viewsGeoffSentence

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/ipswich-mounts-new-city-bid-8037414

Won't get it though. I guarantee that somewhere oop North will get the nod as HMG looks to curry favour with the former red wall.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 20:16 - Jun 8 with 1608 viewspointofblue

Interesting to see that Tom Hunt will talk to people on the estates. I presume he'll have to look it up on a map.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 20:17 - Jun 8 with 1585 viewsSpruceMoose

Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 20:16 - Jun 8 by pointofblue

Interesting to see that Tom Hunt will talk to people on the estates. I presume he'll have to look it up on a map.

Arf! I was just thinking that. I'm sure he had to check his notes before reading out those estates.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 20:46 - Jun 8 with 1454 viewsSenatorBlue

If Ipswich was to achieve city status, would we retain Town in our name, or drop it and become Ipswich FC? We’d clearly never use City.
Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 21:16 - Jun 8 with 1354 viewsHARRY10

Let's hope the old girl makes it to the Platinum jubilee
Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 21:17 - Jun 8 with 1349 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 20:46 - Jun 8 by SenatorBlue

If Ipswich was to achieve city status, would we retain Town in our name, or drop it and become Ipswich FC? We’d clearly never use City.

We would change to Ipswich Rising ... or East Anglian Eagles.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 21:24 - Jun 8 with 1318 viewsbazza

Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 21:17 - Jun 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

Ipswich rhinos… seen a few of them in groove 😂
Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 21:26 - Jun 8 with 1312 viewsTrequartista

No thanks.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 21:28 - Jun 8 with 1310 viewsWD19

Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 21:17 - Jun 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think I prefer ‘Ipswich Nil’ to ‘Ipswich City’.
Login to get fewer ads

Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 21:29 - Jun 8 with 1307 viewsSteve_M

I’m not convinced of the benefits, and wasn’t on the previous occasions this has come up. It feels like a shiny bauble rather than genuine plan to improve the town. The article is scant in detail here.

A successful football team and a decent location for hybrid working in London might be as good a way forward, maybe city status just enhances all of that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 22:07 - Jun 8 with 1217 viewsdickie

Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 21:29 - Jun 8 by Steve_M

I’m not convinced of the benefits, and wasn’t on the previous occasions this has come up. It feels like a shiny bauble rather than genuine plan to improve the town. The article is scant in detail here.

A successful football team and a decent location for hybrid working in London might be as good a way forward, maybe city status just enhances all of that.

Chelmsford has seen loads more investment and funding since it gained city status
Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 22:10 - Jun 8 with 1189 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone who uses the word Ippy should be shot out of a cannon.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 22:12 - Jun 8 with 1171 viewsSpruceMoose

Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 22:10 - Jun 8 by J2BLUE

Anyone who uses the word Ippy should be shot out of a cannon.

Isn't that a Troy thing?!
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 22:12]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 22:35 - Jun 8 with 1061 viewsEiffel78

Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 20:46 - Jun 8 by SenatorBlue

Last time the town applied the club said they'd keep the name the same even if the application was successful. That was under a completely different board but, given the current owners' appreciation of our history, I see no reason why they'd change stance this time.
Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 22:39 - Jun 8 with 1042 viewsfactual_blue

Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 20:16 - Jun 8 by pointofblue

He means the Glemham estate, the Helmingham estate....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 22:40 - Jun 8 with 1038 viewsbazza

Ippy looks set to bid for city status then on 22:39 - Jun 8 by factual_blue

He means the Glemham estate, the Helmingham estate....

😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024