Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? 22:59 - Aug 10 with 2397 viewsKesgrave_Exile

Discuss?

Personally I thought Aluko was clearly unfit and trying too hard to impress which led to him being absolutely atrocious tonight.
Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 23:31 - Aug 10 with 2268 viewsWeirdFishes

He looked rusty but that’s fair to expect considering he’s been here for about 4 days. To me it looked like he put a lot of pressure on himself and was over thinking things after a difficult start.

I’m not going to write him off after 60 mins and hopefully everyone backs him.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 23:41 - Aug 10 with 2205 viewschrismakin

Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 23:31 - Aug 10 by WeirdFishes

He looked rusty but that’s fair to expect considering he’s been here for about 4 days. To me it looked like he put a lot of pressure on himself and was over thinking things after a difficult start.

I’m not going to write him off after 60 mins and hopefully everyone backs him.

Not sure how true it is, but my derby colleague said he only played in 2 derby games.. So no idea what sort of pre season he has actually had..

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 01:04 - Aug 11 with 2067 viewsistanblue

Aluko has scored 6 goals in the last 4 seasons. Yes, just 6...let that sink in #crap
Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 08:27 - Aug 11 with 1780 viewsLightworker

Being brutally honest that was one of the worst debuts I have ever seen. I'm not going to write him off completely and hope it was largely down to fitness but it really was poor from start to finish.

The difference between him and Fraser when he came on was night and day.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 8:50]
Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 08:41 - Aug 11 with 1723 viewsjayessess

I wonder if last night might have clarified a few things about where Dobra sits in our plans.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 08:42 - Aug 11 with 1713 viewsMach_foreignBlue

He's going to be the first scapegoat of the new era.
Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 08:43 - Aug 11 with 1710 viewsEly_Blue

Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 01:04 - Aug 11 by istanblue

Aluko has scored 6 goals in the last 4 seasons. Yes, just 6...let that sink in #crap

That’s more than Dozzell, Bishop and Judge combined in the same period though!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 08:49 - Aug 11 with 1684 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 08:43 - Aug 11 by Ely_Blue

And 2 of these 4 seasons were in the league below.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 08:53 - Aug 11 with 1655 viewsitfcjoe

Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 08:41 - Aug 11 by jayessess

I wonder if last night might have clarified a few things about where Dobra sits in our plans.

I hope so, because his performances through pre season and last night have earned him the opportunity to be more involved

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 08:54 - Aug 11 with 1654 viewsAsa

Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 08:27 - Aug 11 by Lightworker

Being brutally honest that was one of the worst debuts I have ever seen. I'm not going to write him off completely and hope it was largely down to fitness but it really was poor from start to finish.

The difference between him and Fraser when he came on was night and day.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 8:50]

Yet a few weeks ago in the pre-season matches Fraser looked the worst of all the new signings and nowhere near fit.

A bit like Aluko last night.

Fraser will be class. He looks like I’d imagine Pitman would if he was an elegant midfielder. Such a similar running style.
Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 22:36 - Aug 11 with 1419 viewsistanblue

Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 08:43 - Aug 11 by Ely_Blue

Which is literally why they're no longer here.
Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 09:17 - Aug 12 with 1144 viewsDarth_Koont

Yes, wasn’t much help to the team for the first 30 minutes. He looked rusty plus I think he expected to win a couple of free kicks when he was levered off the ball. This is League One ...

But he got a lot better and stood up more after that. He even had a couple of very nice moments on the ball which could have led to a goal.

As you say, he was trying too hard to impress at the start given he wasn’t fit or sharp enough. But what I did like throughout was how he took up good positions and always demanded the ball. I think he’ll be fine when he literally and figuratively finds his feet.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 09:35 - Aug 12 with 1076 viewschicoazul

Weird how you chose Larsen Toure rather than the endless parade of other anonymous p1ss poor winger/forwards we’ve had over the years like Harrop Thomas and Rowe.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 09:37 - Aug 12 with 1065 viewsCheltenham_Blue

60 minutes having had no pre-season at all, and gets criticised for being 'clearly unfit'.
No wonder so many players come here and fail.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 09:42 - Aug 12 with 1042 viewsAsa

Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 09:17 - Aug 12 by Darth_Koont

Yes, wasn’t much help to the team for the first 30 minutes. He looked rusty plus I think he expected to win a couple of free kicks when he was levered off the ball. This is League One ...

But he got a lot better and stood up more after that. He even had a couple of very nice moments on the ball which could have led to a goal.

As you say, he was trying too hard to impress at the start given he wasn’t fit or sharp enough. But what I did like throughout was how he took up good positions and always demanded the ball. I think he’ll be fine when he literally and figuratively finds his feet.

Definitely grew into the game and rustiness was pretty forgivable given his situation.

One really nice nutmeg where unfortunately the ball ran to another Newport player he may not have seen there and a really good run where he took three players out of the game and slipped someone in for a cross.

You could see enough of what he offers when fully fit. With the options we have we should probably allow him a couple of weeks to get up to speed fitness wise and then he will be a handy sub to try who can try and stake his claim for a starting spot all being well.
Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 10:02 - Aug 12 with 973 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

He definitely had the wrong studs in on Tuesday!
Is Sone Aluko the new Larsen Toure? on 12:41 - Aug 12 with 829 viewsjas0999

Seemed an odd signing, but early days.hopefully his goal scoring improves as hardly been prolific in the last few seasons.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024