Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chaplin is the one for me 09:16 - Oct 20 with 2241 viewsBluefish

He reminds me of Waggy in many ways how he gets about but has some real strength about him. Put him as the 10 every week and see what builds.

Bonne is player of the season so far followed by Burns but I think Chappers could end up taking it

Find the system that fits and bloody stick with it

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Chaplin is the one for me on 10:27 - Oct 20 with 2122 viewsnodge_blue

I think he's stuck with the system. Not always had the right players in the right positions.

Agree about Chaplin. Looks the best option so far as a 10.

I feel bit sorry for Fraser as he seems to come across as not being played where he thought he'd be. But he just doesn't have enough energy about the pitch for me. Suspect he will be left out more.

And Celina....hes got to be more than instant lay off passes. He could still end up being a star for us but Im not sure league one is made for him.

Bonne would be a huge loss if QPR pull him back at the end of the year.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Chaplin is the one for me on 10:30 - Oct 20 with 2119 viewsBasuco

I like the way Conor Chaplin is always looking for the space between midfielders and defenders, is comfortable on the ball and is always available to receive the ball. It is worth watching him and not the game for a short while to see what he does off the ball as well as on it. Agree he is a key player for us now.
Chaplin is the one for me on 10:31 - Oct 20 with 2109 viewstractorboy1978

Chaplin is the one for me on 10:30 - Oct 20 by Basuco

I like the way Conor Chaplin is always looking for the space between midfielders and defenders, is comfortable on the ball and is always available to receive the ball. It is worth watching him and not the game for a short while to see what he does off the ball as well as on it. Agree he is a key player for us now.

He has that striker's instinct as well. Gets in good positions in the box.
Chaplin is the one for me on 11:34 - Oct 20 with 1984 viewsWD19

Agree. I much prefer Chaplin's energy as a 10 than Fraser's craft. The work the front group get through drags the whole team up the pitch. I might have Burns to start when fully fit.

Bonne, Chaplin, Burns & Aluko are not going to give many 3rd division defences a lazy afternoon.
Chaplin is the one for me on 12:50 - Oct 20 with 1869 viewsMookamoo

Reminds me of Gates. Scrappy, busy player looking for space. Type of player defenders hate.

If you're playing with one up front, there has to be goals from the number 10.
Chaplin is the one for me on 13:01 - Oct 20 with 1825 viewschicoazul

Don’t you mean find the players for the system? The system is set and will always be so, the only difference being if we play say Harper or Pig at 10 for a bit of extra bulk where needed.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Chaplin is the one for me on 13:28 - Oct 20 with 1748 viewsitfcjoe

Chaplin and Celina the only 2 who have made the 10 position work at all so far, and Chaplin has done so far more consistently

I think the 3 behind striker will end up being Celina-Chaplin-Burns

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Chaplin is the one for me on 13:34 - Oct 20 with 1723 viewsBluefish

Chaplin is the one for me on 13:01 - Oct 20 by chicoazul

Don’t you mean find the players for the system? The system is set and will always be so, the only difference being if we play say Harper or Pig at 10 for a bit of extra bulk where needed.

Yes I mean find where it works as system. Don't crowbar players in for the sake of it. Ifna player doesn't fit pick someone else

Login to get fewer ads

Chaplin is the one for me on 13:36 - Oct 20 with 1716 viewsBluefish

Chaplin is the one for me on 13:28 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

Chaplin and Celina the only 2 who have made the 10 position work at all so far, and Chaplin has done so far more consistently

Has celina really worked there? He main effort so far has been a couple of crosses against Doncaster while on the left. I think people get a bit dewy eyed about celina and remember something else opposed to what he is actually delivering. If we hadn't seen him before he would be very underwhelming so far

Chaplin is the one for me on 13:58 - Oct 20 with 1627 viewsMookamoo

They are the best 3, and that is incredibly harsh on Fraser.

The key is small considered tweaks in the hope we get some momentum. We can't expect consistency from the players if we have an inconsistent team selection each week. Just change one of those 3 unless injury dictates otherwise.

This weekend should be Celina-Chaplin-Aluko
Chaplin is the one for me on 14:03 - Oct 20 with 1599 viewsBluefish

Chaplin is the one for me on 13:58 - Oct 20 by Mookamoo

The key is small considered tweaks in the hope we get some momentum. We can't expect consistency from the players if we have an inconsistent team selection each week. Just change one of those 3 unless injury dictates otherwise.

You think celina has been better than burns?

Chaplin is the one for me on 14:05 - Oct 20 with 1586 viewsitfcjoe

Chaplin is the one for me on 13:36 - Oct 20 by Bluefish

Has celina really worked there? He main effort so far has been a couple of crosses against Doncaster while on the left. I think people get a bit dewy eyed about celina and remember something else opposed to what he is actually delivering. If we hadn't seen him before he would be very underwhelming so far

He was excellent against Doncaster and really made the attacking part click - there are questions re opposition levels, but he has shown something in that role, as has Chaplin.

Chaplin has shown more, and for longer, no doubt

Chaplin is the one for me on 14:05 - Oct 20 with 1586 viewshype313

Chaplin is the one for me on 13:58 - Oct 20 by Mookamoo

Why take out Burns? He's been our shining light? and lets be honest Celina is way off the pace, he hasn't had a pre season so understandable, but surely you don't drop Burns?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Chaplin is the one for me on 14:07 - Oct 20 with 1574 viewsBluefish

Chaplin is the one for me on 14:05 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

He was excellent against Doncaster and really made the attacking part click - there are questions re opposition levels, but he has shown something in that role, as has Chaplin.

Chaplin has shown more, and for longer, no doubt

Celina was v poor 1st half against donny. He was lucky to stay on but had a great spell on the left when we tore them apart. He exploited the space well but was snuffled out in the crowd area when central
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 14:29]

Chaplin is the one for me on 14:26 - Oct 20 with 1505 viewsitfcjoe

Chaplin is the one for me on 14:05 - Oct 20 by hype313

Why take out Burns? He's been our shining light? and lets be honest Celina is way off the pace, he hasn't had a pre season so understandable, but surely you don't drop Burns?

You've got to put square pegs in square holes - both Burns and Aluko are right wingers so can't both play

Celina and Fraser seem to be LW/10
Chaplin - 10
Edwards - LW

Chaplin is the one for me on 14:27 - Oct 20 with 1498 viewsMookamoo

Chaplin is the one for me on 14:05 - Oct 20 by hype313

Thats fine if Aluko can go left, which I'm not sure he can. I can't see how he will get dropped having scored in the last 2 games - or drop Chaplin. What I'm suggesting is changing 2 out of the 3 will lead to another disjointed performance and we've solved nowt.

Burns is great and should be playing, but might have to wait a bit. Maybe he will want to rotate Aluko and play Burns. In which case it should be Edwards - Chaplin - Burns and Celina/Fraser have to wait.
Chaplin is the one for me on 14:31 - Oct 20 with 1481 viewshype313

Chaplin is the one for me on 14:26 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

You've got to put square pegs in square holes - both Burns and Aluko are right wingers so can't both play

Celina and Fraser seem to be LW/10
Chaplin - 10
Edwards - LW

I actually think Aluko could do a job on the left, whether he would be as effective would need to be seen, but still a tough call to leave him out.

Going forward if Celina can get match fit then he would obviously be the choice on the left.

It all depends on Burn's Achilles really, if the club are managing through it, then we might see Aluko starting with Burns coming on for the last 25.

Chaplin is the one for me on 15:18 - Oct 20 with 1371 viewsitfcjoe

Chaplin is the one for me on 14:31 - Oct 20 by hype313

I actually think Aluko could do a job on the left, whether he would be as effective would need to be seen, but still a tough call to leave him out.

Going forward if Celina can get match fit then he would obviously be the choice on the left.

It all depends on Burn's Achilles really, if the club are managing through it, then we might see Aluko starting with Burns coming on for the last 25.

Mentioned in an earlier post - but since Sone Aluko left Aberdeen as a 21 year old he has only played 11 games on the left wing in a decade (via Transfermarkt)

Chaplin is the one for me on 15:58 - Oct 20 with 1283 viewsbilllm

Chaplin is the one for me on 13:36 - Oct 20 by Bluefish

Him and Edwards should be fighting for the left side, not a number 10,
Chaplin is the one for me on 16:09 - Oct 20 with 1256 viewsWallingford_Boy

Edwards-Chappers-Burns for me

RIP Sir Bobby

Chaplin is the one for me on 16:58 - Oct 20 with 1113 viewshype313

Chaplin is the one for me on 15:18 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

Mentioned in an earlier post - but since Sone Aluko left Aberdeen as a 21 year old he has only played 11 games on the left wing in a decade (via Transfermarkt)

Yeah, maybe my Aluko shout on the left wasn't a good idea afterall.

Chaplin is the one for me on 17:18 - Oct 20 with 1054 viewsAsa

What an embarrassment of riches to have Piggott and then Edwards / Fraser / Aluko backing them up. That's before you even consider Norwood, Barry etc.
Chaplin is the one for me on 18:58 - Oct 20 with 936 viewsclive_baker

His movement is so good. You can see why his goalscoring record is decent at Championship level. He looks our most effective #10 by some distance in behind Bonne. Not sure where it leaves Fraser, maybe shoe horned in on the left or benched I guess.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024