Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? 15:21 - Oct 21 with 1816 viewsMaySixth

Uriah Rennie?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 15:44 - Oct 21 with 1786 viewstextbackup

Vs norwich wasn’t it?

Few Indian/Asians ran the line of late. Only noticed because of the 56875 tweets I saw from one person

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 16:26 - Oct 21 with 1651 viewsmccarthy_is_god

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 15:44 - Oct 21 by textbackup

Vs norwich wasn’t it?

Few Indian/Asians ran the line of late. Only noticed because of the 56875 tweets I saw from one person

How are you so sure of their nationality?

Poll: Ban the Away Day guff?

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 16:51 - Oct 21 with 1621 viewsSitfcB

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 15:44 - Oct 21 by textbackup

Vs norwich wasn’t it?

I was gonna say the same!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 16:56 - Oct 21 with 1614 viewsgainsboroughblue

And before that, probably our friend Alfie Buksh.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 17:25 - Oct 21 with 1562 viewsEastTownBlue

Rennie plus Joe Ross also took charge of a match at PR.
Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 18:31 - Oct 21 with 1496 viewsronnyd

Would have thought that ethnic minorities have enough sh!t to put up with, without all the aggro which surrounds being a football official.
Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 18:37 - Oct 21 with 1461 viewsBlueBadger

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 18:31 - Oct 21 by ronnyd

Would have thought that ethnic minorities have enough sh!t to put up with, without all the aggro which surrounds being a football official.

Well. This is a........take.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 19:53 - Oct 21 with 1349 viewsDurovigutum

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 18:31 - Oct 21 by ronnyd

And a system that really deters any but the most determined white male from making any progress at all....
Login to get fewer ads

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 20:13 - Oct 21 with 1307 viewsReuser_is_God

Vs norwich wasn’t it?

Hahahahaha

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 20:52 - Oct 21 with 1247 viewsCoastalblue

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 16:56 - Oct 21 by gainsboroughblue

And before that, probably our friend Alfie Buksh.

Don't even remind me of that man, he was the worst.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 21:22 - Oct 21 with 1204 viewsIllinoisblue

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 20:52 - Oct 21 by Coastalblue

Don't even remind me of that man, he was the worst.

For real? Pretty sure we never lost a game where he was the ref

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 22:00 - Oct 21 with 1137 viewsCoastalblue

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 21:22 - Oct 21 by Illinoisblue

I never rated him, far too whistle happy and he barely completed a game reffing us did he? I can remember at least two occasions when he went off.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 23:02 - Oct 21 with 1082 viewsIllinoisblue

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 22:00 - Oct 21 by Coastalblue

I never rated him, far too whistle happy and he barely completed a game reffing us did he? I can remember at least two occasions when he went off.

I admire the pettiness of being annoyed by a ref some 30 years later!

62 - 78 - 81

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 23:23 - Oct 21 with 1050 viewsMelford

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 23:02 - Oct 21 by Illinoisblue

I admire the pettiness of being annoyed by a ref some 30 years later!

I always used to like Alf , he always used to get a good reception. I'm still annoyed by refs 30 years later Keren Barratt in the last time we played Cambridge away, blatant foul on Forrest but gave the goal. He deserved to have batteries chucked at him.

The other name is Bob Hamer, Phil Whelan pulled off a perfect sliding tackle and Dean Saunders threw a blatant dive and won a penalty.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 23:49 - Oct 21 with 1029 viewsmylittletown

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 23:23 - Oct 21 by Melford

I always used to like Alf , he always used to get a good reception. I'm still annoyed by refs 30 years later Keren Barratt in the last time we played Cambridge away, blatant foul on Forrest but gave the goal. He deserved to have batteries chucked at him.

The other name is Bob Hamer, Phil Whelan pulled off a perfect sliding tackle and Dean Saunders threw a blatant dive and won a penalty.

Or Halsey sending off Liam Trotter vs Portsmouth.

Watched it on American TV, Tony Gubba went nuts saying that Halsey has ruined the game, because, as usual, he wanted to be the centre of attention.

Not even a foul, let alone a red card.
Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 00:05 - Oct 22 with 990 viewsIllinoisblue

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 23:23 - Oct 21 by Melford

Yeah that Cambridge goal was laughable then and still is now. I remember the print fanzines of the day being outraged by Saunders/Hamer cheating.

62 - 78 - 81

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 08:27 - Oct 22 with 826 viewsBlueRaider

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 23:49 - Oct 21 by mylittletown

Or Halsey sending off Liam Trotter vs Portsmouth.

Watched it on American TV, Tony Gubba went nuts saying that Halsey has ruined the game, because, as usual, he wanted to be the centre of attention.

Not even a foul, let alone a red card.

Then the FA slapped an extra game ban on for a frivolous appeal ! ridiculous

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 09:27 - Oct 22 with 802 viewstextbackup

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 16:26 - Oct 21 by mccarthy_is_god

How are you so sure of their nationality?

because of the 56875 tweets I saw from one person

i answered that in original post, had you read it, instead of trying to be offended

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 13:57 - Oct 22 with 718 viewsITFC_History

Who was the last black referee to officiate at Portman Road? on 21:22 - Oct 21 by Illinoisblue

As you say from memory we won more then when we lost when Alf was ref.

Used to work with Alf at Royal Mail Parcels near Brent Cross for many years. Funnily enough he was always whistling, even at work Lovely guy. Refs never got paid a lot them days so his full time job was still with Royal Mail

He refereed the game where Dalian Atkinson scored his hat trick against Middlesborough. (Had a wonderful chat with him about that one on the following Monday morning), he also refereed our first ever Premiership game at Portman Road where funnily Dalian scored against us.

People still think George Graham got him the sack after turning down a blatant penalty in the opening seconds of a Derby game against Tottenham where he was heavily criticized. in fact he refereed some Premiership games after that but basically quit due to the abuse he was getting mostly from the media rather then anything else.

He still refereed games years afterwards but on a very lower scale. ie charity games & Royal Mail games
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024