Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. 18:43 - Oct 30 with 1913 viewschrismakin

15 games in.

I feel similar to when PC came in when we were 1 point off top 6 but never felt we would ever finish in them.

At present. I feel a bit 'meh' about our chances. I can't quite work out if I believe we can do it or if the blue tinted glasses makes me think we still can do it.

Should i still be feeling its possible. Or are we just seeing the season out and building for next season.

I don't know really how I see this season ending.

Today was an equal game. But was it an equal game between two top clubs or 2 midtable sides come May.

I'm caught inbetween the cook out cook in. Without knowing what exactly are the owners targets this season.

I don't know if I trust PC to get us up. But equally I I know if I think he will keep us in midtable.

How do you feel about it?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 18:51 - Oct 30 with 1503 viewsPinewoodblue

The last time we gained promotion 15 games in we had 6 more points than we have this season, we then drew the next three then went on a good run, no reason to suppose we won’t do the same this season.

mind you Cook is no Burley.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 18:56 - Oct 30 with 1483 viewsCoastalblue

I like Cook, and think there's much to like about him as a Manager and he's clearly been succesful in the past, however, he obviously has some deficiencies and I do feel that they are going to cost us this season.

I think he lacks tactical nous and really could do wth somebody stood alongside him who reads the game well and can advise and nudge him at times. Not sure we have that person on the staff at the moment, which considering the size of our staff is a little disconcerting.

I worry that even if we click and go on a run we'll hit the same problems next time we get a sticky spell.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 18:57 - Oct 30 with 1475 viewssnotbucket

Defensive frailties are preventing us making a sustained challenge. Still a lot of tactical work to do to get near the playoffs.
So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 20:42 - Oct 30 with 1264 viewsBurns7

He’s had the best opportunity of any Ipswich Town manager ever and has guided us into the middle of League One having been backed like no other manager we ever had. We should be firmly in the mix but based on what we’re seeing 7th will be a achievement, so the question is, why is that acceptable? For me it’s totally unacceptable to be in this position given the resources he was given and having had two squads many said were the best in the division he’s got absolutely nothing significant out of either.

He’s failed and must go for me.
So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 20:57 - Oct 30 with 1207 viewsbluestandard

15 games in, and the stand out teams for me are Wigan, Rotherham and Plymouth. Automatic spots will be contested between them. My money would be on Rotherham and Plymouth. Why? Because they have the most settled management and playing squad.

Where we are is no surprise to me. Complete squad overhaul meant auto spots just wasn’t ever realistic. Playoffs though is a different matter, and I’m still of the opinion that we will make the play offs. Keep the faith!
So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 21:04 - Oct 30 with 1185 viewsthebooks

I’m pretty gutted, to be honest.

I really like Cook, I like this group of players and I feel we’ve got behind them.

Every time we have a good performance I think we’re about to go on a great run and it’ll be our best season in ages.

But then we get a very average performance and scrape a win or draw (Fleetwood, Wednesday, most home games) — and today an in form team beat us.

I still think we could go on that run and end up winning the league, but we’re a third of the way through the season now, and the same old things keep happening — defensive errors, inability to press an advantage, inability to make changes.

So… I don’t know what will happen.

I do know that not getting promoted and treating this season as another of transition isn’t good enough. As soon as we look like we’re struggling to make the play-offs Cook will have to go.

The problem is Cook has been backed to the hilt and this is his team. It’ll be hard for someone to come in and turn things round quickly.
So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 21:05 - Oct 30 with 1181 viewsKeaneish

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 18:56 - Oct 30 by Coastalblue

I like Cook, and think there's much to like about him as a Manager and he's clearly been succesful in the past, however, he obviously has some deficiencies and I do feel that they are going to cost us this season.

I think he lacks tactical nous and really could do wth somebody stood alongside him who reads the game well and can advise and nudge him at times. Not sure we have that person on the staff at the moment, which considering the size of our staff is a little disconcerting.

I worry that even if we click and go on a run we'll hit the same problems next time we get a sticky spell.

Why does this rhetoric get regurgitated when we lose but not when we win? The post lacks any depth or insight into today’s game. Why does he lack tactical nous? Why do we not have the staff?

Jeffers and Roberts consulted with him several times today. For what it’s worth, I think Cook’s selection was incorrect today and there were lots questioning what system we’d even play with Coulson and Penney in the starting line-up. However, did those particular selections lose us the game? No, not really. We’re we tactically inept today? Again, no, not really. We had deficiencies but could and should have secured a point. If we’d done that, the complexion looks a whole lot different.

We had three golden chances and should have had a pen today. Nothing going. Let’s not over dramatise it. We’ll lose another 4 or 5 this season, maybe even 6.

Today was shoulda, woulda, coulda. Thats’s all.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 21:17]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 21:05 - Oct 30 with 1179 viewsthebooks

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 20:57 - Oct 30 by bluestandard

15 games in, and the stand out teams for me are Wigan, Rotherham and Plymouth. Automatic spots will be contested between them. My money would be on Rotherham and Plymouth. Why? Because they have the most settled management and playing squad.

Where we are is no surprise to me. Complete squad overhaul meant auto spots just wasn’t ever realistic. Playoffs though is a different matter, and I’m still of the opinion that we will make the play offs. Keep the faith!

Plymouth have loads of new players this season.
Login to get fewer ads

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 21:12 - Oct 30 with 1143 viewsjayessess

We'll see after the November fixtures, but my hunch is that we've paid top 2 money for a manager and group of players who ultimately combine to be the 6thish best team in the league. Unless something dramatic or fortunate happens then that'll mean an unhappy end to the season, Cook going and another wasted year in this division.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 21:12]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 21:19 - Oct 30 with 1110 viewsLeoMuff

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 21:12 - Oct 30 by jayessess

We'll see after the November fixtures, but my hunch is that we've paid top 2 money for a manager and group of players who ultimately combine to be the 6thish best team in the league. Unless something dramatic or fortunate happens then that'll mean an unhappy end to the season, Cook going and another wasted year in this division.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 21:12]

If we finish 6th I can’t see Cook getting the sack, we may have paid top 2 money but an entire new squad does not perform overnight as we saw early on.

We have clearly turned a corner recently and have been too 6 form, but we need to sort the defensive side of things pronto, so frustrating to concede that first goal today, no excuses really and we were in control. If we can’t sort that no way we get a play off spot and then he is in trouble

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 21:20 - Oct 30 with 1106 viewsHorseboy

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 20:57 - Oct 30 by bluestandard

Funny how Wigan have had a squad overhaul and can be contenders but we cant?
So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 21:21 - Oct 30 with 1095 viewschrismakin

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 21:20 - Oct 30 by Horseboy

Funny how Wigan have had a squad overhaul and can be contenders but we cant?

It's interesting there tho

Most of the players that played majority of season so far have played together at previous clubs.

Now it's being mixed with others they've started losing.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 21:24 - Oct 30 with 1077 viewsKeaneish

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 20:42 - Oct 30 by Burns7

He’s had the best opportunity of any Ipswich Town manager ever and has guided us into the middle of League One having been backed like no other manager we ever had. We should be firmly in the mix but based on what we’re seeing 7th will be a achievement, so the question is, why is that acceptable? For me it’s totally unacceptable to be in this position given the resources he was given and having had two squads many said were the best in the division he’s got absolutely nothing significant out of either.

He’s failed and must go for me.

Folk like you who jump on here after every result you find disagreeable without any insight are vastly inferior posters in my view.

I’m still making my way back from Plymouth and it’ll be another hour at least before I get in; those heading back to Ipswich, even longer. If you want to jump on here and throw some wild aspersions around, ground them in fact about the game, about our progress and about the sum of that in the grand scheme of the bigger picture and a 46 games season. I think we’d all rather read that than some weak jibes about something completely hyperbolic!

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 21:25 - Oct 30 with 1073 viewsjayessess

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 21:19 - Oct 30 by LeoMuff

If we finish 6th I can’t see Cook getting the sack, we may have paid top 2 money but an entire new squad does not perform overnight as we saw early on.

We have clearly turned a corner recently and have been too 6 form, but we need to sort the defensive side of things pronto, so frustrating to concede that first goal today, no excuses really and we were in control. If we can’t sort that no way we get a play off spot and then he is in trouble

I can. Why would the owners want to pay top dollar for a manager who isn't getting the most out of their budget?

In any case, if you're the 6th best team for 38 games rather than 46, good chance you won't actually finish 6th.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 21:31 - Oct 30 with 1028 viewsMarkoW1

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 18:56 - Oct 30 by Coastalblue

Cook needs an assistant coach ASAP
So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 21:34 - Oct 30 with 1017 viewsKeaneish

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 21:31 - Oct 30 by MarkoW1

Cook needs an assistant coach ASAP

Did he need one when we beat Pompey 4-nil?

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 21:37 - Oct 30 with 1000 viewsSwansea_Blue

Given some of the talent he’s got at his disposal, it’s all a bit underwhelming.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 22:28 - Oct 30 with 910 viewsCoastalblue

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 21:05 - Oct 30 by Keaneish

Why does this rhetoric get regurgitated when we lose but not when we win? The post lacks any depth or insight into today’s game. Why does he lack tactical nous? Why do we not have the staff?

Jeffers and Roberts consulted with him several times today. For what it’s worth, I think Cook’s selection was incorrect today and there were lots questioning what system we’d even play with Coulson and Penney in the starting line-up. However, did those particular selections lose us the game? No, not really. We’re we tactically inept today? Again, no, not really. We had deficiencies but could and should have secured a point. If we’d done that, the complexion looks a whole lot different.

We had three golden chances and should have had a pen today. Nothing going. Let’s not over dramatise it. We’ll lose another 4 or 5 this season, maybe even 6.

Today was shoulda, woulda, coulda. Thats’s all.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 21:17]

So what do you think the problem is then? Because we're clearly a long way from where we should be given the talent at our disposal.

There is no doubt at all that we have very good players for the level we're playing at, if he's getting the tactics right and we have often the better players on paper then why are we not winning more games?

Given today maybe was a shoulda, coulda, woulda are we not having too many of them, and is that not a problem?

Clearly something is not right, if it's not the players and it's not the tactics (and I disagree on this incidentally) then what is it?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 22:33 - Oct 30 with 884 viewschrismakin

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 22:28 - Oct 30 by Coastalblue

So what do you think the problem is then? Because we're clearly a long way from where we should be given the talent at our disposal.

There is no doubt at all that we have very good players for the level we're playing at, if he's getting the tactics right and we have often the better players on paper then why are we not winning more games?

Given today maybe was a shoulda, coulda, woulda are we not having too many of them, and is that not a problem?

Clearly something is not right, if it's not the players and it's not the tactics (and I disagree on this incidentally) then what is it?

I know it wasn't aimed at me. But may I come in here.

We have some great individuals. But I also think we have fallen in the trap again of thinking to much of our squad.

We have a handful of excellent players.
But a handful of iffy players
Penney. Coulson. Edwards. Harper. Evans. Caroll.

We then have players who are good but don't suit PC football
Fraser, Piggott ( coz of 1 upto and can't drop bonne)

We still have no real idea who our no.1 keeper is either altho looks like it's Walton but he's still suspect.

And yes. We'll aware our players would walk into other league 1 clubs.. that's fine. But we've got most from league 1 sides. That's not the problem it's putting together a promotion winning side. Not pluck the best from other clubs and hope it works.

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 22:35 - Oct 30 with 867 viewsNeedhamChris

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 21:34 - Oct 30 by Keaneish

Yes. It's really not that hard. But you keep telling yourself that a win against a side who picked up about 3 points out of 30 is evidence that we're going places

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 22:48 - Oct 30 with 815 viewsblueconscience

Underwhelmed

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 22:49 - Oct 30 with 802 viewsGodzilla

Never ever like it when we lose, but to be where we are with plenty of games to come, I'm OK with things.
So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 22:57 - Oct 30 with 772 viewsMarkoW1

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 21:34 - Oct 30 by Keaneish

Yes
So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 23:00 - Oct 30 with 747 viewsHighgateBlue

A third of the way through the season and we are closer to the relegation zone on points than the playoffs, having spent millions of pounds. I think it's a miracle the fanbase are not more appalled at the underperformance to be honest.

Mid-table mediocrity in league one, just like last season, when we supposedly had a worse manager, worse players, and hadn't spent millions. It's not good enough.
So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 23:02 - Oct 30 with 727 viewschrismakin

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 23:00 - Oct 30 by HighgateBlue

A third of the way through the season and we are closer to the relegation zone on points than the playoffs, having spent millions of pounds. I think it's a miracle the fanbase are not more appalled at the underperformance to be honest.

Mid-table mediocrity in league one, just like last season, when we supposedly had a worse manager, worse players, and hadn't spent millions. It's not good enough.

Are you surprised though about majority of fanbase?
It is the same one who made Lambert feel like king when taking us down. And then showed him love for another 2 years.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024