Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Edwards 08:27 - Nov 29 with 953 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

I'd like to see Edwards start again and I think we're a much better attacking threat with him on the left. I'm not sure why he isn't starting.

I thought he played well at Sunderland, probably our best attacker that day. Came on against Rotherham & Crewe and he's able to make the opposition players run back towards their own goal with his dribbling - something we have lacked in the last couple of performances to look a threat.

His dribble and pass to Celina for Bonne's miss was quality.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Kyle Edwards on 08:29 - Nov 29 with 929 viewshomer_123

Poor, unconvincing, laboured, pedestrian, lacking any conviction by homer_123 28 Nov 2021 17:11
I love his game...if he could just up his final end product.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Kyle Edwards on 08:34 - Nov 29 with 904 viewsBlueySwede

He can leave opposition players for dead in a second. However, he REALLY really need to develop a final product. That finish yesterday was awful (he did all the hard work).
Kyle Edwards on 08:36 - Nov 29 with 897 viewsSomethingBlue

I too think we are better with Edwards in there, on the whole — end product an issue but the way he carries the ball and engages players just give us so much more tempo and consistent threat. Still think Edwards-Celina-Burns/Aluko the best blend in there at the moment and I know that's incredibly hard on Chaplin.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 8:36]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Kyle Edwards on 08:43 - Nov 29 with 849 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Kyle Edwards on 08:29 - Nov 29 by homer_123

Poor, unconvincing, laboured, pedestrian, lacking any conviction by homer_123 28 Nov 2021 17:11
I love his game...if he could just up his final end product.

That's it really, he needs to get his numbers up, but we're a lot more entertaining and creative with him in the team.

He can get away with the numbers for now, we've not struggled to score goals on the whole this season.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Kyle Edwards on 08:45 - Nov 29 with 833 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Kyle Edwards on 08:36 - Nov 29 by SomethingBlue

I too think we are better with Edwards in there, on the whole — end product an issue but the way he carries the ball and engages players just give us so much more tempo and consistent threat. Still think Edwards-Celina-Burns/Aluko the best blend in there at the moment and I know that's incredibly hard on Chaplin.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 8:36]

I agree - at the moment if Burns isn't fit then it should be Edwards left and Aluko right. I'd say Chaplin works harder off the ball and has a goal in him but then Celina has that moment of magic and defence splitting pass

Kyle Edwards on 08:48 - Nov 29 with 818 viewsSwansea_Blue

Kyle Edwards on 08:43 - Nov 29 by IPSWICHFANITFC

That's it really, he needs to get his numbers up, but we're a lot more entertaining and creative with him in the team.

He can get away with the numbers for now, we've not struggled to score goals on the whole this season.

Being goal shy seems to have been a consistent throughout his career so far. His best is 2 in 26 appearances, which is nuts considering the positions he gets into. So whether he can get those numbers up is a huge IF. He scares the opposition sh*tless at this level though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Kyle Edwards on 08:49 - Nov 29 with 811 viewshomer_123

Kyle Edwards on 08:48 - Nov 29 by Swansea_Blue

Being goal shy seems to have been a consistent throughout his career so far. His best is 2 in 26 appearances, which is nuts considering the positions he gets into. So whether he can get those numbers up is a huge IF. He scares the opposition sh*tless at this level though.

I would hate to be up against him to be honest.

A nightmare to defend against. That said, Aluko looked unplayable first half yesterday.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Kyle Edwards on 08:52 - Nov 29 with 798 views3_5_2

Kyle Edwards on 08:34 - Nov 29 by BlueySwede

He can leave opposition players for dead in a second. However, he REALLY really need to develop a final product. That finish yesterday was awful (he did all the hard work).

No need to blast it, just sidefoot it onto the far corner

Got all the skill, lacks composure with the end product but that can (should) be coached

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Edwards on 09:35 - Nov 29 with 718 viewsTheGentlemanViking

His first few games he was electric, really positive player who looked a world beater. I think his problem largely stems from who is playing behind him....He linked so well with Coulson, who is rapid, keen to bomb forward and always looking to cut wide rather than inside, they looked a real threat together. I don't think either Penney or Clements allow him to play that way, Penney is so slow and sideways, he kills any forward momentum, and Clements, much like JD, doesn't venture too far forward and when he does his preference seems to be to cut inside. If we're staying disciplined with JD on the right, what's the harm in trying KVY at LB, him with Edwards in front is a potentially mouth watering prospect and surely more effective than our left hand side has been in recent times?
Kyle Edwards on 09:38 - Nov 29 with 703 viewsbournemouthblue

For all the flack Edwards gets I thought he was good last night, albeit against a side who will probably be League Two next season

He has a bit of Wilfried Zaha about him for me, when he develops more composure and makes the right decision in the final third, he will turn into an absolute gun!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Kyle Edwards on 09:39 - Nov 29 with 696 viewsWickets

I agree he is worth persevering with .
Kyle Edwards on 09:47 - Nov 29 with 668 viewsMeadowlark

It's just his finishing that lets him down, that and a tendency to always come inside rather that going outside and crossing from the byline.
Kyle Edwards on 09:54 - Nov 29 with 634 viewsGuthrum

His personal shooting ability is questionable, but with Bonne, Celina and Chaplin to feed, it becomes less of an issue. Plus his pace and trickery will get the ball into better positions to create chances.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Kyle Edwards on 09:59 - Nov 29 with 611 viewsGarv

Kyle Edwards on 09:35 - Nov 29 by TheGentlemanViking

His first few games he was electric, really positive player who looked a world beater. I think his problem largely stems from who is playing behind him....He linked so well with Coulson, who is rapid, keen to bomb forward and always looking to cut wide rather than inside, they looked a real threat together. I don't think either Penney or Clements allow him to play that way, Penney is so slow and sideways, he kills any forward momentum, and Clements, much like JD, doesn't venture too far forward and when he does his preference seems to be to cut inside. If we're staying disciplined with JD on the right, what's the harm in trying KVY at LB, him with Edwards in front is a potentially mouth watering prospect and surely more effective than our left hand side has been in recent times?

The first thing Penney did when he came on against Rotherham was bomb forward and he managed to get some crosses in (one good, a couple poor). This also allowed Edwards a bit more space and time.

I'd be intrigued to see KVY there but in the interest of balance and crosses with a stronger foot, Penney starts for me (assuming Coulson is nowhere near fitness).

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Kyle Edwards on 10:14 - Nov 29 with 571 viewsSwansea_Blue

Kyle Edwards on 08:49 - Nov 29 by homer_123

I would hate to be up against him to be honest.

A nightmare to defend against. That said, Aluko looked unplayable first half yesterday.

For sure. If nothing else he should be in there for the chaos he causes. It'll be a miracle if he gets to 5 goals based on his history, so I hope people don't get too much on his back for that.

We've got some ridiculous options with Aluko, Edwards, Celina, Burns all top players for this league in those wider roles (even if Celina does also float all over the place; he can put in disciplined performances from the left if asked to). Throw in Chaplin and Fraser and we're stacked at the top end of the pitch, with a couple of those easily able to play deeper too. Two top quality CFs as well (even if Cook doesn't use one of them).

If someone could get this team firing we could really do something. Emphasis on team.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Kyle Edwards on 10:33 - Nov 29 with 530 viewsBluedandy

Edwards is a proper rough diamond... if he could finish then he'd be a Premier League player.

That's why he's in League One. We're still bloody lucky to have him and he's only 23.

One of the best dribblers the club's had in years and could be utterly devastating if coached right.

As a sub he twice got in behind Rotherham defenders who otherwise had it all too easy the other night.

Some of the online criticism levelled at his ability this season has been truly moronic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024