Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... 08:14 - Dec 13 with 1855 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Junior tested positive, not been told it is omicron. So what is the latest guidance for me and mum (fully vaccinated, no symptoms)

Ps...lateral flow tests are completely useless.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 08:16 - Dec 13 with 1636 viewsgordon

I think you're supposed to take daily lateral flow tests for 7 days.
Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 08:18 - Dec 13 with 1622 viewsSwailsey

Sorry to hear that.

I’m pretty sure you have to isolate if it’s omicron only.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 08:19 - Dec 13 with 1616 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 08:16 - Dec 13 by gordon

Thanks but also Lol....so the test that is still showing negative for Junior!! They really are a complete waste of space.

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 08:21 - Dec 13 with 1591 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 08:18 - Dec 13 by Swailsey

Sorry to hear that.

I’m pretty sure you have to isolate if it’s omicron only.

I think you are correct. Saturday at PR still a go then!!

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 08:23 - Dec 13 with 1569 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 08:16 - Dec 13 by gordon

Just had a look.
This appears to be the case as you and miss slave are double jabbed.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 08:29 - Dec 13 with 1514 viewsmikeybloo88

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 08:19 - Dec 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Thanks but also Lol....so the test that is still showing negative for Junior!! They really are a complete waste of space.

As you've presumably had your kid confirmed via PCR, why are you still doing lft on him? Is it so you can try and get a false negative so you can claim they don't work? So if you think they're crap and we cant trust hem, sounds like the most responsible thing for you to do is isolate for 10 days to ensure you don't have it and pass it on.
Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 08:29 - Dec 13 with 1524 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 08:23 - Dec 13 by StochesStotasBlewe

Just had a look.
This appears to be the case as you and miss slave are double jabbed.

Junior must have had about 12 negative ones in the last week including this morning....the levels of farce are in overdrive chez Slave!

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 08:32 - Dec 13 with 1492 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 08:29 - Dec 13 by mikeybloo88

As you've presumably had your kid confirmed via PCR, why are you still doing lft on him? Is it so you can try and get a false negative so you can claim they don't work? So if you think they're crap and we cant trust hem, sounds like the most responsible thing for you to do is isolate for 10 days to ensure you don't have it and pass it on.

It was something she wanted to do to see if it would finally register as positive. If we hadn't taken her for a PCR yesterday by pretending she had official symptoms then she would be off to school this morning as usual.

Login to get fewer ads

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 08:50 - Dec 13 with 1413 viewswkj

Best guidance advice - pay attention to what the PM does, and do the opposite of it.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 09:16 - Dec 13 with 1326 viewsGuthrum

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 08:19 - Dec 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Questions have been raised about quality control from some manufacturers. It lacks sensitivity and is entirely dependent upon untrained operators carrying out an unpleasant procedure (makes you gag and hurts your nose).

There are also possible issues with sensitivity to very differing variants (e.g. Omicron), we just don't know enough yet, it's only been around for a few weeks.

However, it's the only thing which exists in the way of a portable, instant-result system as a first line of defence. Otherwise people with any kind of relevant symptoms or known exposure to a sufferer would automatically have to isolate for about a week (which has financial implications) while they get a PCR done and wait for the results. And there would be no means of randomly catching those who are virtually or actually asymptomatic (but still infectious).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 09:32 - Dec 13 with 1260 viewsGlasgowBlue

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 08:21 - Dec 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

I think you are correct. Saturday at PR still a go then!!

It is my understanding, and it may be different up here, that non household contacts don't have to isolate of they have a negative lateral flow result, but all household contacts do.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 09:35 - Dec 13 with 1240 viewschrismakin

If omicron. Regardless of jab status you have to isolate for 10 days I believe

When other variants jab status comes into play.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 09:37 - Dec 13 with 1223 viewsclive_baker

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 09:35 - Dec 13 by chrismakin

Unless he's a Tory MP. I think they can do what they want.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 09:51 - Dec 13 with 1192 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 09:32 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

It is my understanding, and it may be different up here, that non household contacts don't have to isolate of they have a negative lateral flow result, but all household contacts do.

I think it must be different then.

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 09:58 - Dec 13 with 1173 viewsdavblue

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 09:35 - Dec 13 by chrismakin

No you don’t if double jabbed. They are asking that you do a lateral flow test each day for 7 days.
Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 10:02 - Dec 13 with 1155 viewsjonbull88

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 08:32 - Dec 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

It was something she wanted to do to see if it would finally register as positive. If we hadn't taken her for a PCR yesterday by pretending she had official symptoms then she would be off to school this morning as usual.

Why would you have pretend the symptoms? You can go get a pcr at any point symptoms or not.
Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 10:09 - Dec 13 with 1138 viewschrismakin

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 09:58 - Dec 13 by davblue

No you don’t if double jabbed. They are asking that you do a lateral flow test each day for 7 days.

Blimey. They updated that quickly.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 10:18 - Dec 13 with 1116 viewsElderGrizzly

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 10:02 - Dec 13 by jonbull88

Why would you have pretend the symptoms? You can go get a pcr at any point symptoms or not.

To book a PCR you need to 'lie' if you don't have any symptoms/the right symptoms for the decision tree to allow you to progress to book.
Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 10:19 - Dec 13 with 1115 viewsElderGrizzly

"From Tuesday 14 December, people who are fully vaccinated and identified as a contact of someone with COVID-19 — whether Omicron or not — should take an NHS rapid lateral flow test every day for 7 days to help slow the spread of COVID-19."

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/daily-rapid-testing-for-covid-19-contacts-lau
Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 10:19 - Dec 13 with 1107 viewsmikeybloo88

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 10:02 - Dec 13 by jonbull88

Quite...if she didn't have symptoms why did they even think she might have it?
Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 10:29 - Dec 13 with 1061 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 10:19 - Dec 13 by mikeybloo88

Because we are very clever and considerate!! She had a whole heap of other sympoms as listed on yesterday's thread about our dillemma because we were all due boosters and second shots then (she is 16)

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 10:30 - Dec 13 with 1059 viewsFixed_It

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 10:19 - Dec 13 by mikeybloo88

She had a number of symptoms apparently - but not a temperature or loss of taste/smell etc.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 10:45 - Dec 13 with 1016 viewsgiant_stow

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 10:18 - Dec 13 by ElderGrizzly

To book a PCR you need to 'lie' if you don't have any symptoms/the right symptoms for the decision tree to allow you to progress to book.

Yes, thats true - had to lie about symptoms to get one the other day when we'd been in close contact with someone with Covid. I'm sure it was the right thing to do, despite negative results, but awkward with the 8 year old noticing the lie and querying it with us after.

Btw, one thing on LFTs - they've done people I know a lot of justice and have indeed picked up the 'correct' results in many friends / family.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 11:28 - Dec 13 with 960 viewsclive_baker

Yeah you just need to

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Struggling to keep up with Covid guidance... on 14:49 - Dec 13 with 796 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The answer is that your child grasses you up to test and trace and as a close contact you have to get a PCR test but carry on as normal until getting the result.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024