Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sizewell D 16:16 - Apr 7 with 1697 viewsMookamoo

Look like Sizewell D is being planned even before Sizewell C is officially given the green light.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61010605

The East Anglia 1 and East Anglia 2 offshore windfarms have now been approved. This will mean a pretty big facility at Friston to connect this all up to the national grid, plus it all has to come ashore somewhere. Plus Europe's largest solar plant is planned just east of Barton Mills.

Little old Suffolk is going to go through a fair amount of change in the next few years.
Sizewell D on 08:33 - Apr 8 with 1515 viewswkj

Now hopefully the government will bring back the solar panel subsidies that they cut in the late 2010's - Rooftop panels are going to have a massive part to play in supplementing larger energy farms.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2022 8:35]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Sizewell D on 10:29 - Apr 8 with 1432 viewsElephantintheRoom

Sizewell D on 08:33 - Apr 8 by wkj

Now hopefully the government will bring back the solar panel subsidies that they cut in the late 2010's - Rooftop panels are going to have a massive part to play in supplementing larger energy farms.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2022 8:35]

Why? Solar panels are no more green than roofing tiles or drainage pipes. There are better things to spend taxpayers money on than the ever changing specs of new build or renovation. Besides too date they have been a way of fleecing pensioners.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Sizewell D on 10:43 - Apr 8 with 1425 viewsWeWereZombies

Any plans as to where to store the nuclear waste?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Sizewell D on 11:18 - Apr 8 with 1394 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Sizewell D on 10:43 - Apr 8 by WeWereZombies

Carrow road?

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Sizewell D on 11:20 - Apr 8 with 1386 viewsLesta_Tractor

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Sizewell D on 11:23 - Apr 8 with 1374 viewsMookamoo

Bung it in the ground and sort it out later.

They should at least commit to removing Sizewell A and building there. Not sure if that is even possible. They can't build further south without having to level the village, and the only other option is to build north which will mean the end of Dunwich Heath and Minsmere.
Sizewell D on 11:27 - Apr 8 with 1354 viewsfooters

We can just put it on the moon. Hopefully the soup dragon won't mind.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Sizewell D on 11:34 - Apr 8 with 1345 viewsBarcaBlue

Sizewell D on 10:29 - Apr 8 by ElephantintheRoom

Why? Solar panels are no more green than roofing tiles or drainage pipes. There are better things to spend taxpayers money on than the ever changing specs of new build or renovation. Besides too date they have been a way of fleecing pensioners.

That's a bizarre take, have you tried generating energy from a drainpipe? Would it involve a turbine in the downpipes on very rainy days? I'm intrigued.
Login to get fewer ads

Sizewell D on 11:39 - Apr 8 with 1328 viewsRadioOrwell

Yes, because I get a lot of energy from my drainpipes.
My earlier rant... on 12:03 - Apr 8 with 1273 viewsunstableblue

Government shambles on energy policy… by unstableblue 7 Apr 2022 8:21
It’s an energy supply plan… with no provision for essential and sensible insulation of UK homes at scale; and critically no plan for nuclear waste storage!

Countries like Finland who have just opened (very late and over budget) a plant similar to Hinckley are close to opening their deep storage mine.

Sellafield is a toxic mess and shameful lack of foresight, and that’s where the waste will ‘temporarily’ go.. a site that is costing £132bn to ‘clean’

£2k per head! People

Sizewell C as good as approved

There is no plan... and its going to cost you a minimum of £4k to pay for that waste! and what was created before..

Madness

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Sizewell D on 12:16 - Apr 8 with 1259 viewsleitrimblue

Sizewell D on 11:39 - Apr 8 by RadioOrwell

Yes, because I get a lot of energy from my drainpipes.

I like to imagine you have highly efficient hydro system running off a dripping drainpipe. Genius
Sizewell D on 12:43 - Apr 8 with 1213 viewsNthQldITFC

Staunch environmentalist, former scientist, and Gaia hypothesis originator James Lovelock said he would be happy to have the small volume of waste generated encased in a concrete (I think) block and buried under his back garden, so that he could use the heat from it.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Sizewell D on 12:45 - Apr 8 with 1208 viewsNthQldITFC

Sizewell D on 11:34 - Apr 8 by BarcaBlue

That's a bizarre take, have you tried generating energy from a drainpipe? Would it involve a turbine in the downpipes on very rainy days? I'm intrigued.

Not for him, it's not.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Sizewell D on 13:35 - Apr 8 with 1130 viewswkj

There is so much here that simply is not true, based on firsthand experience and data. However, you live in a world where if you found El Dorado you'd be complaining about the fact it isn't in pristine condition rather than enjoying the fact you'd have discovered untold riches.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Sizewell D on 17:21 - Apr 8 with 1017 viewseireblue

Sizewell D on 12:45 - Apr 8 by NthQldITFC

Not for him, it's not.

Hmmmm, I am thinking, it would be much more effective and save everyone a bit of time if Elephantintheroom added a signature stating, “Well that’s a bizarre take”.

Gav could probably be super helpful and do it for him.
Sizewell D on 17:27 - Apr 8 with 1001 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Weaker than your football nonsense, which is impressive

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Sizewell D on 17:40 - Apr 8 with 975 viewsghostofescobar

When you think about it, it sounds like one of those penis extension gadgets. You just have to decide how "big" to go: Sizewell A, B, C or D.

GhostOfEscobar

Sizewell D on 17:43 - Apr 8 with 970 viewsfooters

Sizewell D on 17:40 - Apr 8 by ghostofescobar

When you think about it, it sounds like one of those penis extension gadgets. You just have to decide how "big" to go: Sizewell A, B, C or D.

Next up will be Sizewell Double D.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Sizewell D on 17:59 - Apr 8 with 955 viewsOldsmoker

Are rising sea levels and coastal erosion an issue at Sizewell?
I'm assuming that these new reactors will still be active in 2050.
2050 is when the world is supposed to have delivered on significantly reducing carbon (like that's going to happen - not).

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Commit to removing Sizewell A?!?!?!?!?!? on 18:07 - Apr 8 with 938 viewsunstableblue

Sizewell D on 11:23 - Apr 8 by Mookamoo

Bung it in the ground and sort it out later.

They should at least commit to removing Sizewell A and building there. Not sure if that is even possible. They can't build further south without having to level the village, and the only other option is to build north which will mean the end of Dunwich Heath and Minsmere.

Not sure you’ve quite got the legacy and cost of nuclear

The building itself is low level waste, what can be removed will be (with higher level waste in the main will be transported to Cumbria), but the buildings will be mummified for some time, not greenfield

They will build a large structure to enclose it and spend years on site clearing and preparing, it’s £1.5bn decommissioning cost will escalate; 80 years later they then start work again.

Sizewell B site was twice the size of A; C is twice the size of B

It’s utter madness.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024