Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’ve enjoyed this season 14:10 - Apr 25 with 2083 viewsCopfordBlue

More than any since we made the play offs in 2015. A very low bar admittedly but the atmosphere in the ground has improved significantly since Evans left, there was the early season optimism, some really good games, some great moments (Celina’s goal is up there with the best I’ve ever seen live) and an overall sense that we’re finally moving in the right direction.

I can’t believe I’m saying this when we’re yet again finishing mid-table in the third division but it’s true, for the first time in a long time, Ive really looked forward to going to games.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

I’ve enjoyed this season on 15:35 - Apr 25 with 1976 viewsFreoTown

Here here

ForeverTown

I’ve enjoyed this season on 15:37 - Apr 25 with 1964 viewsRyorry

Likewise - it's been fantastic to have the excitement back that's been lacking for years

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I’ve enjoyed this season on 15:38 - Apr 25 with 1966 viewsnorfsufblue

As a fan since 1975 I can concur!!... get this summer right and it could be a massive sift of momentum
I’ve enjoyed this season on 15:57 - Apr 25 with 1903 viewsBiGDonnie

Yup, I'm the same and can't quite fathom the negativity recently. If you can't see the marked improvements under KMac from Cook then maybe football isn't the sport for you?

Massively confident we'll go up next season.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

I’ve enjoyed this season on 16:10 - Apr 25 with 1868 viewsSTYG

Have loved it.

It's hard to explain to people outside how much better it is to finish 11th where we dominate teams and play some delightful passing football to finishing 11th where we could barely string a pass together and were constantly outplayed by teams with a fifth of our resources.
I’ve enjoyed this season on 16:16 - Apr 25 with 1847 viewschicoazul

Preach. I just hope this promise will be fulfilled. But yes you’re right!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I’ve enjoyed this season on 16:18 - Apr 25 with 1848 viewsxrayspecs

Agree with that.

I would also add that the club have started to reconnect with the fans, what has been happening off the pitch is as positive as the improvement in the squad and performances.
I’ve enjoyed this season on 16:34 - Apr 25 with 1793 viewsSteve_M

I've enjoyed a lot of it, a bit frustrated that we've let things slip slightly in the last few weeks but also very glad that the season wasn't actually dead back in December as it might well have been. The mess of last Summer and the first six weeks of the season remain incredibly annoying though, a missed opportunity.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

I’ve enjoyed this season on 16:40 - Apr 25 with 1764 viewsBluebell

Agreed. Just a shame it has ended like it has.

The crowds have been great especially the away fans. The first time for ages that we have had hope till almost the end of the season.

Next year will be our year!
I’ve enjoyed this season on 16:58 - Apr 25 with 1728 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Me too. It’s even better that my lad picks me up and we have a pre match pint.

Next season fills me with hope that we can get out of this division playing a great style of football.

Uppa Town.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

I’ve enjoyed this season on 09:22 - Apr 26 with 1384 viewsGarv

Season of two halves, both entertaining in their own way.

I still feel like we've had quite an underwhelming season at home. A few fair few unconvincing 1-0 and 2-1 wins, and other than Doncaster and Burton we've not scored three or more which is pretty rubbish really.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I’ve enjoyed this season on 09:46 - Apr 26 with 1325 viewsChurchman

I’ve enjoyed this season on 09:22 - Apr 26 by Garv

Season of two halves, both entertaining in their own way.

I still feel like we've had quite an underwhelming season at home. A few fair few unconvincing 1-0 and 2-1 wins, and other than Doncaster and Burton we've not scored three or more which is pretty rubbish really.

Well, last season we lost six straight home games and were outplayed in every one of them. Plenty of 0-0 draws, a few scraped wins, our biggest at home being 3-1 last game of the season when nobody cared. But yes, we have drawn far more games than we should have at home, given we were the better side in most of them.

We are improving. I know the table says otherwise and that’s what really counts, but it doesn’t tell the whole story. With a younger team, by and large, many of the decent players on 3 year contracts, a good keeper and CH and some of the building blocks in place behind the scenes, we are in a good place to do a lot better next year.

No guarantees, because every club wants to be at the top, but I think we have every reason to be optimistic. The last year of attempts to improve the club are a refreshing change from years of mostly decline.
I’ve enjoyed this season on 10:13 - Apr 26 with 1292 viewsclive_baker

There's been a fair amount to enjoy, we're a better side now than we were 12 months ago for sure, and I would imagine we'll be a better side in 12 months than we are today. Attendances home and away would suggest you're not alone in your enjoyment, it's good to see the fans coming back and a bit of a feelgood factor. It's just a shame points wise we're short of where we would've liked to be. A poor start and poor end have cost us really. If we exclude the first 6 games and last 6 games we've averaged enough points to finish 4, particularly frustrating given that first 6 looked pretty kind on paper.

On to next season, I'm looking forward to KMc having a proper window and pre season to make the squad his own.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I’ve enjoyed this season on 10:18 - Apr 26 with 1286 viewsSTYG

I’ve enjoyed this season on 10:13 - Apr 26 by clive_baker

There's been a fair amount to enjoy, we're a better side now than we were 12 months ago for sure, and I would imagine we'll be a better side in 12 months than we are today. Attendances home and away would suggest you're not alone in your enjoyment, it's good to see the fans coming back and a bit of a feelgood factor. It's just a shame points wise we're short of where we would've liked to be. A poor start and poor end have cost us really. If we exclude the first 6 games and last 6 games we've averaged enough points to finish 4, particularly frustrating given that first 6 looked pretty kind on paper.

On to next season, I'm looking forward to KMc having a proper window and pre season to make the squad his own.

Far too much has been made of the poor end. Five without a win is not good enough, but this started against Cambridge, when the playoff dream well and truly died. That result, others and then games in hand for teams finished us off before the next match and, no matter how hard you try, players just don't have the same desire or intensity when there is nothing on the line.

I'm sure thoughts of having a holiday, getting a decent break and going again come into it and I'm not sure too many players will bust a gut, risk an injury and a summer of rehab instead possibly.

The main thing is that McKenna came in, we looked a million miles better, every bit the automatic promotion contenders and that was without a single striker other than Jackson in form. We were outstanding over nearly 20 games until the playoffs ultimately got away from us and I am not really interested in anything that's happened since. It's the perfect time for Kieran to look at things without being fussed about the result, make little tweaks and see what works and what doesn't, which clearly he's done as there have been subtle little changes in things visible.

Nest season is the one. COYB.
I’ve enjoyed this season on 10:23 - Apr 26 with 1251 viewsBonneNIL

This read like Stockholm season. There is no way this season was better than 2014-15 on any level.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

I’ve enjoyed this season on 10:35 - Apr 26 with 1224 viewsBiGDonnie

A few posters haven't responded to this thread, no surprise really, way too positive.

B'ends!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

I’ve enjoyed this season on 10:36 - Apr 26 with 1222 viewsGarv

I’ve enjoyed this season on 09:46 - Apr 26 by Churchman

Well, last season we lost six straight home games and were outplayed in every one of them. Plenty of 0-0 draws, a few scraped wins, our biggest at home being 3-1 last game of the season when nobody cared. But yes, we have drawn far more games than we should have at home, given we were the better side in most of them.

We are improving. I know the table says otherwise and that’s what really counts, but it doesn’t tell the whole story. With a younger team, by and large, many of the decent players on 3 year contracts, a good keeper and CH and some of the building blocks in place behind the scenes, we are in a good place to do a lot better next year.

No guarantees, because every club wants to be at the top, but I think we have every reason to be optimistic. The last year of attempts to improve the club are a refreshing change from years of mostly decline.

Bloody hell, compared to last season we're flying.

No guarantees is correct. You still hear "we have to get promoted next season" - why? It's not a given and we've seen this year how competitive the league is.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I’ve enjoyed this season on 10:39 - Apr 26 with 1180 viewsclive_baker

I’ve enjoyed this season on 10:18 - Apr 26 by STYG

Far too much has been made of the poor end. Five without a win is not good enough, but this started against Cambridge, when the playoff dream well and truly died. That result, others and then games in hand for teams finished us off before the next match and, no matter how hard you try, players just don't have the same desire or intensity when there is nothing on the line.

I'm sure thoughts of having a holiday, getting a decent break and going again come into it and I'm not sure too many players will bust a gut, risk an injury and a summer of rehab instead possibly.

The main thing is that McKenna came in, we looked a million miles better, every bit the automatic promotion contenders and that was without a single striker other than Jackson in form. We were outstanding over nearly 20 games until the playoffs ultimately got away from us and I am not really interested in anything that's happened since. It's the perfect time for Kieran to look at things without being fussed about the result, make little tweaks and see what works and what doesn't, which clearly he's done as there have been subtle little changes in things visible.

Nest season is the one. COYB.

Don't disagree, we've been on the beach since Cambridge when the season effectively died, we were awful that day and got the result we deserved. Statistically though, it's where we've dropped points. Averaged 0.5 points per game in our first 6, 1 ppg in our last 6, and 1.75 pgg for the 33 in the middle. Agree with your point though, had we been 2 points off the p/offs post Cambridge I imagine we would've seen a better yield in the following games but who knows.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I’ve enjoyed this season on 10:40 - Apr 26 with 1178 viewsDubtractor

I've got mixed feelings really. Lots to be excited about, and I feel very confident of a good season next year, but no escaping that 11th in division 3 is dreadful.

I think McKenna is the real deal though, and with the right tweaks to the squad we're going to be a very good team next year.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I’ve enjoyed this season on 10:57 - Apr 26 with 1133 viewspointofblue

I should have enjoyed this season; I haven’t. Next season should be success but the fall away has been very concerning. People put it down to us having nothing to play for but other teams up and down the country have nothing to play for and still put in good performances and win - what did Cambridge have to play for when they came to Portman Road?

I wish I could have the confidence others have regarding what we’re building towards. At the moment I just feel demoralised; it feels too much like an albeit better improved version of the end of last season, with a lot of faith that the summer transfers will pick us up to where we need to be.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I’ve enjoyed this season on 11:22 - Apr 26 with 1068 viewsdirtyboy

I’ve enjoyed this season on 10:57 - Apr 26 by pointofblue

I should have enjoyed this season; I haven’t. Next season should be success but the fall away has been very concerning. People put it down to us having nothing to play for but other teams up and down the country have nothing to play for and still put in good performances and win - what did Cambridge have to play for when they came to Portman Road?

I wish I could have the confidence others have regarding what we’re building towards. At the moment I just feel demoralised; it feels too much like an albeit better improved version of the end of last season, with a lot of faith that the summer transfers will pick us up to where we need to be.

Having witnessed what we've witnessed for a number of years, this team of late is night and day compared to anything since Mick's great season (bolstered by a the season of a lifetime by Murphy).

I know the last few games haven't been great in terms of results, but we've not been outplayed once since McKenna took over and only a couple of times have teams got a hold of us.

The scoring situation needs dealing with and we need a little luck in picking up a 20 goal striker or someone like Chaplin going back up top and having a great season.

We play nice football.

We dominate the ball much more, so crowds are less anxious about conceding and that doesn't transpire onto the pitch as much.

We have the foundations and spine of a very good team that only needs a few changes as opposed to what happened last year.

Nothing but optimism from me (as usual) but I agree that this season has been the best for quite some time in so many areas, even the match day experience is vastly better.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024