Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not much of a tennis watcher 21:20 - Jul 2 with 3703 viewsZXBlue

But how does this obnoxious unsporting bully of a creature get away with it?

A footballer who spits at the crowd, abuses refs and engages in repeated agression and intimdation towards opponents gets a long ban.

Just how weak is the officiating?
Not much of a tennis watcher on 21:23 - Jul 2 with 2644 viewsITFCed

He is money, always worth watching, gets the punters in.

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

Not much of a tennis watcher on 21:23 - Jul 2 with 2641 viewsZXBlue

Not much of a tennis watcher on 21:23 - Jul 2 by ITFCed

He is money, always worth watching, gets the punters in.

Absolutely disgusting conduct.
Not much of a tennis watcher on 21:27 - Jul 2 with 2609 viewsmarchy

He has all the skills and comic timing to be the sort of clown prince that really could be a star in the game. Unfortunately, he's an utter pr*ck.
Not much of a tennis watcher on 21:29 - Jul 2 with 2598 viewsZXBlue

Not much of a tennis watcher on 21:27 - Jul 2 by marchy

He has all the skills and comic timing to be the sort of clown prince that really could be a star in the game. Unfortunately, he's an utter pr*ck.

I dont understand how he is not thrown out. Imagine a footballer spitting towards the crowd intentionally and in spite?
Not much of a tennis watcher on 21:34 - Jul 2 with 2570 viewsN2_Blue

Most enjoyable game of tennis I’ve watched for a while.

He is compelling viewing and hugely entertaining so that’s probably why. The other guy acted more of a prick in my opinion. Swearing and abusing officials by Kyrios is not on but deliberately trying to hit a player and randomly smacking balls into the stadium is really poor sportsmanship.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Not much of a tennis watcher on 21:53 - Jul 2 with 2493 viewsChrisd

I suppose, in a way, he’s like the modern John McEnroe with his on court behaviour, but not as good a player. He’s clearly very talented, but his antics are disgraceful at times. Regardless if people think he’s box office or good for the game, the bottomline is he behaves like a c*ck at times and leaves a bad taste in the mouth. He’s going to keep pushing it because he’s allowed to get away with it, like a petulant child, until someone says enough is enough and puts him in his place.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Not much of a tennis watcher on 22:00 - Jul 2 with 2447 viewsGarv

Not much of a tennis watcher on 21:29 - Jul 2 by ZXBlue

I dont understand how he is not thrown out. Imagine a footballer spitting towards the crowd intentionally and in spite?

Not that it's much better but didn't he spit in someone's direction (but actually on the ground) and not actually at someone?

Edit: you did say towards to be fair. Think it'd be a lot different if he'd actually spat on someone.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 22:01]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Not much of a tennis watcher on 22:06 - Jul 2 with 2401 viewsStenvict

I love him. He's entertaining and doesn't take 30 minutes between serves scratching his ar5e like Nadal does.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Login to get fewer ads

Not much of a tennis watcher on 22:59 - Jul 2 with 2261 viewsnshearman1

Not much of a tennis watcher on 21:34 - Jul 2 by N2_Blue

Most enjoyable game of tennis I’ve watched for a while.

He is compelling viewing and hugely entertaining so that’s probably why. The other guy acted more of a prick in my opinion. Swearing and abusing officials by Kyrios is not on but deliberately trying to hit a player and randomly smacking balls into the stadium is really poor sportsmanship.

The point is that Tsitsipas’ actions were a direct result of being wound up by Kyrgios’ antics and bullying behaviour towards the officials, which they signally failed to control. Tsitsipas has no particular record of doing that kind of thing. Kyrgios has. If he’s allowed to continue in this way someone will most likely get physically hurt. He’s a total c**k, and tennis needs to have stronger rules in place to control the occasional spoilt brat.
Not much of a tennis watcher on 23:43 - Jul 2 with 2168 viewsN2_Blue

Not much of a tennis watcher on 22:59 - Jul 2 by nshearman1

The point is that Tsitsipas’ actions were a direct result of being wound up by Kyrgios’ antics and bullying behaviour towards the officials, which they signally failed to control. Tsitsipas has no particular record of doing that kind of thing. Kyrgios has. If he’s allowed to continue in this way someone will most likely get physically hurt. He’s a total c**k, and tennis needs to have stronger rules in place to control the occasional spoilt brat.

Nah, like Stenvict I like him...

He is box office and and actually a very good tennis player too. If he actually got himself a coach he might actually have a chance of winning something.

He can act like a bit a co*k at times for sure but the most interesting sportsmen all have a bit of that.

Nothing worse than bland sportsmen. Tim Henman or Nick Kyrgios....Kyrigos everyday of the week!
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 23:44]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Not much of a tennis watcher on 23:54 - Jul 2 with 2133 viewsZXBlue

Not much of a tennis watcher on 23:43 - Jul 2 by N2_Blue

Nah, like Stenvict I like him...

He is box office and and actually a very good tennis player too. If he actually got himself a coach he might actually have a chance of winning something.

He can act like a bit a co*k at times for sure but the most interesting sportsmen all have a bit of that.

Nothing worse than bland sportsmen. Tim Henman or Nick Kyrgios....Kyrigos everyday of the week!
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 23:44]

Difference between bland, and arrogant bullying hooligan. I dread to think what it would be like for any woman in his life.
Not much of a tennis watcher on 06:04 - Jul 3 with 1906 viewsElephantintheRoom

And in a few years he’ll be back as the voice of tennis on BBC

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

[Redacted] on 06:39 - Jul 3 with 1873 viewsvictorywilhappen

Not much of a tennis watcher on 21:53 - Jul 2 by Chrisd

I suppose, in a way, he’s like the modern John McEnroe with his on court behaviour, but not as good a player. He’s clearly very talented, but his antics are disgraceful at times. Regardless if people think he’s box office or good for the game, the bottomline is he behaves like a c*ck at times and leaves a bad taste in the mouth. He’s going to keep pushing it because he’s allowed to get away with it, like a petulant child, until someone says enough is enough and puts him in his place.

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 06:53 - Jul 3 with 1859 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Not much of a tennis watcher on 09:08 - Jul 3 with 1690 viewsBasingstokeBlue

n/t
[Post edited 3 Jul 2022 9:24]

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Not much of a tennis watcher on 09:45 - Jul 3 with 1624 viewsRadlett_blue

I remember Dan Maskell being dumbfounded when McEnroe threw one of his foul-mouthed tantrums. Poor old Dan didn't know what to say so he stammered "well...this is most unfortunate"...

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Not much of a tennis watcher on 09:45 - Jul 3 with 1621 viewsZXBlue

Not much of a tennis watcher on 09:45 - Jul 3 by Radlett_blue

I remember Dan Maskell being dumbfounded when McEnroe threw one of his foul-mouthed tantrums. Poor old Dan didn't know what to say so he stammered "well...this is most unfortunate"...

Not in the same league.

This miserable entitled bully is way over the line. Its pretty much constant.
Not much of a tennis watcher on 10:05 - Jul 3 with 1590 viewsRamRob

Not much of a tennis watcher on 22:59 - Jul 2 by nshearman1

You can't blame Tsitsipas' actions on Kyrgios, as Kyrgios said if that's all it takes to get under his skin that's more a him problem.

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Not much of a tennis watcher on 10:09 - Jul 3 with 1581 viewsChrisd

Not much of a tennis watcher on 10:05 - Jul 3 by RamRob

You can't blame Tsitsipas' actions on Kyrgios, as Kyrgios said if that's all it takes to get under his skin that's more a him problem.

The problem is he does this every game it seems, it’s not a one off that’s what’s tiresome with him. In R1 against the Brit Jubb it was the same, but this time it was the crowd that was winding him up, I think it was a couple of individuals who had the audacity to be breathing. 🙄
[Post edited 3 Jul 2022 10:10]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Not much of a tennis watcher on 10:09 - Jul 3 with 1581 viewsbrazil1982

He's Australian.
Not much of a tennis watcher on 10:14 - Jul 3 with 1559 viewspointofblue

[Redacted] on 06:53 - Jul 3 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

A dreadful article which overlook Kyrgios takes it too far again and again. The fact the writer has to reach for a comparison with racial equality campaigns from yesteryear when looking for excuses for Kyrgios acting like a brat says it all.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

[Redacted] on 10:18 - Jul 3 with 1540 viewsvictorywilhappen

Not much of a tennis watcher on 10:14 - Jul 3 by pointofblue

A dreadful article which overlook Kyrgios takes it too far again and again. The fact the writer has to reach for a comparison with racial equality campaigns from yesteryear when looking for excuses for Kyrgios acting like a brat says it all.

[Redacted]
Not much of a tennis watcher on 10:25 - Jul 3 with 1479 viewsSwansea_Blue

[Redacted] on 06:53 - Jul 3 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Tbh, I wasn’t sure which player the OP was talking about. I didn’t see the match, but from that clip I don’t blame Kyrgios for digging his heels in. It would be like a ref giving a pen against us just because Walton picked up the ball. It’s a bad error and then a poor response from the officials, seemingly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Not much of a tennis watcher on 10:31 - Jul 3 with 1456 viewssolomon

In this instance neither of them are worthy of the tournament and what it stands for. Disqualification for both sends out a clear message and prevents Wimbledon from going down a very unpleasant and damaging route.
Not much of a tennis watcher on 10:38 - Jul 3 with 1446 viewstimothyeo

You have to be the softest of soft to call psychological match play 'bullying'

It's elite sport.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024